Wiese Planning and Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Chip Wiese

1. "Parts anylist"

Current Employee - Parts Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Parts Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wiese Planning and Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job stability , growth from within the company . well managed staff , along with a very spiritually motivated owner .

Cons

I've been here several years now , and the only thing I can think of is , some of the veteran employees (20-30years ) aren't to receptive to change .

Advice to Management

My advice would be to find more motivation for the employees . What I'm saying is , after work fun time to help release some of the daily pressures and tension .

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Trackmobile Specialist in North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Trackmobile Specialist in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Wiese Planning and Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always a open door policy all the way up to the CEO; very caring about their employees; will give you all resources necessary to be successful;

Cons

Needs a new operating system, they are supposedly working on that now

3. "Top Notch Company"

Current Employee - Product Support in Decatur, IL
    Current Employee - Product Support in Decatur, IL

Pros

The Locally owned mom and pop shop mentality still stands strong in this company. While being a leader in the industry the company still cares about its people and stays grounded to its roots.

Cons

I didn't find this company until roughly 12 years into my career.

Advice to Management

Streamline operations some and make things more uniform from branch to branch. Add showrooms to your parts area with merchandise and showcase products.

5. "Stable, Cares for Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wiese Planning and Engineering full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most everyone comes to work happy. Gets along with each other. Couple bad eggs, but not enough to hurt overall environment. Mr. Wiese is a good Christian man and treats people right. Several people in my office have been promoted.

Cons

Takes a long time to get full vacation.

Advice to Management

Stop the outdated ladder system. I want to hear straight from Mr. Wiese. Not the message that is diluted from a game of telephone.

"sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

A very friendly family environment. They offered profit sharing with the employees and it is a profitable company. Very flexible workplace.

Cons

This is an extremely old school company. I felt like i stepped back in time when i worked there. They are also very religious, which can be either a pro or con.

Advice to Management

Lose the time clock. Also have better perks as you start off. Happy employees make good and loyal employees. I like the lack of micromanagement.

"New equipment sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Very good products to promote; Cat, Jungheinrich, Nissan, Kalmar & Mitsubishi.
    The owner, Chip Wiese, is a great man and I believe genuinely cares for all of his people. A man that's not afraid to share his faith in GOD and lives the values of a righteous man.

Cons

The division’s upper-management team is a complete totalitarian regime. Don’t be fooled into thinking that any of these managers have an open door policy, because they don’t. Key management rules with an iron fist in an almost “Bully” approach to leadership. A real “My way or the highway” mentality. The commission program, for sales reps., has morphed into an absolute scam. They took advantage of the soft market during the recession to force the sales staff into an unacceptable commission plan. One last thing, if you accept a position with Wiese, please know that they only tell you about the Non-Compete agreement after you accept the position. That’s S.O.P. for them because you’re trapped if you’ve already resigned from another company. It’s a real shame, because this division of Wiese has the real chance of being GREAT!

Advice to Management

Stop ruling over your team with an iron fist or you’ll lose more great people now that the market’s stronger. It’s forklifts, not the army.

8. "field service tech"

Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Wiese Planning and Engineering full-time

Pros

common sense management supports field techs without onerous over control

Cons

working hard to regain electric market share ,
    the next generation of electric products will be critical

Advice to Management

make the deals to get our electric trucks in front of customers , then support them relentlessly

"Overall Wiese is a decent company to work for, good culture and means well, just a little behind the times."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The company promotes great culture and has some genuinely great employees. You could not ask for a more caring executive management team that still knows how to compete and get the deal.

Cons

There are too many broken processes to name. Sometimes culture takes a back seat to getting the deal. At times there can be a lack of accountability, particularly on the sales side.

Advice to Management

d

10. "Amazing Culture, Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Wiese Planning and Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have never felt as supported professionally - and personally - as I have at Wiese. Managers are encouraged to allow Team Members to put family first, believing that if an employee knows their family is taken care of, they will be able work with less stress and be a better performer.

Hard work is rewarded and promotion is from within whenever possible.

Cons

Change can come slowly, though it does eventually come. There are many layers to go through, and each division has operated independently for a long time.

Managers should receive more training on how to get the best from their team. Sometimes an autocratic approach is not the best way, nor does it fit with our culture as it professed to be.

Advice to Management

Make modern workplace things like remote workers policy. I realize that it would be a very hard sell to the people that make the decisions, but if our culture is to truly support people, that would be a great thing to do.

11. "Great Company"

I have been working at Wiese Planning and Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Strong Reputation
    2. Faith & Family always come first.
    3. Good Culture

Cons

1. Need to update Technology.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your sales force to win deals.