Want a Free Job Posting?

Andy, Brent and Chris Wilcox

1. It was ok

Former Intern - IT Intern in Roy, WA
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Roy, WA

I worked at Wilcox Farms as an intern (Less than a year)

Good people to work with, very understanding. They do make sure you do something and always open for ideas

not much I was only an intern for 3 months so I don't have much to say in the cons

2. WIlcox Family Farms: Treats you like family

Former Employee - Regional Merchandiser in Roy, WA
    Former Employee - Regional Merchandiser in Roy, WA

Wilcox cares about their employees. They are focused on being an environmentally sound company. They have perused and obtained every possible accreditation relating to egg production & environmental protection. They look for employees that share the same environmental views. Their company vision is strong. I was always able to get feedback on performance with constructive criticism. Working below management, I was proposed many ways to change processes and was able to implement them. Even though I was an hourly employee, management gave me the respect and control I needed to to my job well. Wilcox lets employes have a good work/life balance. They contribute to the local community more than most companies.

Communication lines get crossed between managers and other employees. I did not feel that I received enough training before starting work. I had to learn on the job things I should have been told. When I requested more training, I promptly received it, but from an employee that cut major corners. It seemed like Wilcox did not want to 'rock the boat' with its customers when it was necessary. This kind attitude was great for employees, but when it comes to making business deals with customers, it was their flaw. I would have liked to have received more recognition for what I accomplished.

Advice to Management

Continue to respect employees and respect the community.

RSS Feed </> Embed