45% would recommend to a friend
(48 total reviews)
68% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of WildWorks and is not affected by filters.
Found 48 of over 62 reviews
Updated Aug 18, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 16, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDraper, UT
WildWorks has attracted some of the best creative talent on the planet. Their dedicated team of artists, 3d modelers, and engineers are among the best in the business. It was a pleasure working and learning alongside many of them.
Management is lacking clear and dedicated direction. One of the executives lacks the basic skills required to build and motivate a team. They should be kept to counting money.
- 5.0Mar 20, 2022Content ModeratorFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The position I was in allowed for great work/life balance and great flexibility. I learned a lot about online moderation and worked with many great colleagues and the Community management team was helpful.
Hours can vary from week to week and upward mobility was limited.
- 5.0Jun 13, 2021Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDraper, UT
Very large tech stack with many different disciplines to learn
The industry is known to be volatile1
- 5.0Aug 14, 2018AnimatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
They really take care of their employees and there families. Great benefits. Monthly company meetings with lunch provided. Annual summer company event. CEO really tells everyone true honest current news about company good or bad.
Not really any cubs while working here1
- 5.0May 16, 2018Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDraper, UT
WildWorks is a great place for tech. The tech team is growing as well as the quality of the tools and tech used. There is a lot of freedom when working on projects. Work life balance is fantastic with late hours being very rare. There some in office perks that just make the day to day a little better.
Compensation could be better. There are some departments that don't play well with others but this may be due to the former office being split up between floors.2
- 5.0Jan 17, 2017DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Work schedules are pretty flexible, as long as you're getting stuff done. Great products - get to work on a game (Animal Jam) known to millions of kids (which my kids love to brag to their friends about) Bonuses if you've been there long enough Cool people
Reviews are annual, and you might not get much feedback in between They keep it really dark in there! Some good ideas get abandoned for no reason it seems Artists can hit a career wall with no more room to advance3
- 5.0Mar 16, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
- Great energy and enthusiasm for creating the best online community for kids on the planet. - Genuine desire to protect users, and teach them about the world we live in while they are having fun. - Fantastic company events and activities. - Excellent benefits and competitive wages. - Superb HR services and assistance. - Overall positive work environment, with big ambitions for future expansion. - Upper leadership are extremely enthusiastic and dedicated.
- There are recurring communication issues between management and the individual departments that leads to some frustration and wasted effort. - The balance between the technical and the artistic needs of the company could use improvement.3
- 5.0Mar 10, 2016Community AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
Very friendly and inviting atmosphere The best coworkers Great place to share your enthusiasm for gaming Company leaders that really care and invest in their employees
Limited career positions Getting bogged down by too many layers of management Parking is going to be a nightmare for the next couple of years1
- 5.0Mar 1, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
- The energy. It seems to me that everyone loves their job and this energy creates a great place to work. - Hours. I rarely have to work unexpected hours. - Content. I love working on games for kids. - Environment. I like where we work. It has a fun vibe. - Growth. I'm excited with the places the company is going. Though we are growing fast, I think that the executive team is handling this rapid growth pretty well. - Access to knowledge. WildWorks provides places for us to continue to learn. From books to conventions. - Tools. If I need a piece of equipment to do my job, it's provided. -The executive team. They aren't snooty or inaccessible. I trust in their ability to lead the company. -Bonuses. WildWorks provides the opportunity for quarterly bonuses dependent on specific goals. Overall, a really great place to work. I'd highly recommend it.
- Sometimes HR is overwhelmed. This makes it hard to utilize their services. - There is at least one instance of direct boss-employee nepotism. - While there is great interaction on each team, it seems that sometimes each group silos themselves from other teams.2
- 5.0Feb 29, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSalt Lake City, UT
WildWorks cares about their employees. They try to make work a fun place to be. They have rich benefits that are implemented as well as fun activities for team spirit on a regular basis. They promote education and a flexible culture where you want to give the company your best because you know they care about you. Turn over is minimal with growth consistent. Longest time I have worked anywhere and continue to love the people, the product created here and the environment.
Have to get out of bed to come to work. No cons come to mind.
WildWorks Reviews FAQs
WildWorks has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 62 reviews left anonymously by employees. 45% of employees would recommend working at WildWorks to a friend and 26% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
45% of WildWorks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WildWorks 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.