Cover image for WildWorks

63% Recommend to a Friend
67% Approve of CEO

Found 44 of over 57 reviews

3.6
WildWorks CEO Clark Stacey (no image)
Clark Stacey

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance(in 4 reviews)
  • "Awesome team members who communicate well and are personally interested in one another's success.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours as long as you are inside core hours as part of your hours.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Awesome people to work with(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management are good people but seem scatter brained at times and like they can’t quite decide where they want to go with their next games and growing the studio.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Can burn out on this type of work and pay could be better.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Incredible Team and Talent

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

WildWorks has attracted some of the best creative talent on the planet. Their dedicated team of artists, 3d modelers, and engineers are among the best in the business. It was a pleasure working and learning alongside many of them.

Cons

Management is lacking clear and dedicated direction. One of the executives lacks the basic skills required to build and motivate a team. They should be kept to counting money.

2. 4.0

Good people poor management

Jun 6, 2022 - Senior Animator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for a beginner animator just starting their career

Cons

They make fun family friendly games and he people are great but the management sometime has a hard time keeping their employees in the loop.

3. Join the WildWorks team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Mar 20, 2022 - Content Moderator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The position I was in allowed for great work/life balance and great flexibility. I learned a lot about online moderation and worked with many great colleagues and the Community management team was helpful.

Cons

Hours can vary from week to week and upward mobility was limited.

5. 3.0

Alright Place to Work at

Sep 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

talented people, great superior, awesome at Halloween party deco and social challenges throughout the year. Dope office, top floor with insane view of mountains, etc. Great to give a lap around the building on breaks and no problem with parking. Great health insurance, and I liked the match up to 3% towards 401k. Flexible hours as long as you are inside core hours as part of your hours. Understanding company, they usually are open to adjustment to accommodate you. Great innovation days and Lagoon (old days ).

Cons

Not very transparent, multiple unexpected lay-offs throughout the years (which doesn't make it reliable). A fair amount of crunching or cutting features due to bad production/management. After leaving the company I realized my salary wasn't even close to a fair salary, so be smart when you give your numbers. Not very clear how to grow in the company.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible opportunity to learn and grow

Jun 13, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very large tech stack with many different disciplines to learn

Cons

The industry is known to be volatile

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Clark

Jun 18, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clark Stacey is really touchy around my children, he gives off weird vibes.

Cons

Cons, Clark. He is controlling and enjoys sniffing his employees doing their day to day work.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Company on life support

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your coworkers are great. They work hard and can be good friends. Worklife balance is nice, I didn't have to work too much overtime.

Cons

Management is a mess. Leadership pretends to have transparency but are constantly leaving employees in the dark. The CEO only cares about analytics and doesn't actually care about the quality of the products they produce or the team building it. Team members have less say on design than the analytics team.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

Good place to work!

May 24, 2021 - Animator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great con oh sky to work for great work and hold life balance. Haven’t worked crunch time in the past 7 years I have been there.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fine place to work

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance--no mandatory crunch. I'm able to work my hours and then go home, and crunch culture is not the law of the land here. - New production staff that are doing good work to tighten up the way things are run, get development running smoother, and better ensure there isn't crunch across any teams. - Diversity on the rise. It's been a process, and while the company still isn't perfect, there are more people fighting to steer the ship in the right direction. More diverse hires means more accountability and change for the better. I hope! (The alt-right employee mentioned in another review no longer works here either and that's quite a boon) - I enjoy the work I do, I love being able to work on products for kids and teens to enjoy. The company cares about the products they make and the people who make them. - I've had opportunities to expand my responsibilities in meaningful ways because my teammates/supervisors listen to what I have to contribute.

Cons

- Lack of a proper HR system. If I have a problem that requires nuance, I need to go through a supervisor.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

risk averse company with a lot of problems

Jun 23, 2020 - Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-work with amazing talent -a huge passionate audience that is really fun to create for -used to have no crunch

Cons

-lack of respect for the audience. an attitude of shame for making 'girl games' -extremely difficult for women to get credit or move up at all -rampant nepotism -will always give in to conservative forces within company -almost 100 percent white in a very diverse city -speaking up is punished -they employ openly alt right people -when company loses money they make workers suffer for it with mandatory crunch -the company has been slowly downsizing so not sure how long it has

11 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews
</>Embed

WildWorks Reviews FAQs

WildWorks has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at WildWorks to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WildWorks employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WildWorks. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

63% of WildWorks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WildWorks 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WildWorks to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.