KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WildWorks

Is this your company?

WildWorks

Add a Review

WildWorks Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 8, 2021

Found 9 of over 54 reviews

3.6
WildWorks CEO Clark Stacey (no image)
Clark Stacey

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management are good people but seem scatter brained at times and like they can’t quite decide where they want to go with their next games and growing the studio.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Can burn out on this type of work and pay could be better.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Technology

May 16, 2018 - Software Developer in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

WildWorks is a great place for tech. The tech team is growing as well as the quality of the tools and tech used. There is a lot of freedom when working on projects. Work life balance is fantastic with late hours being very rare. There some in office perks that just make the day to day a little better.

Cons

Compensation could be better. There are some departments that don't play well with others but this may be due to the former office being split up between floors.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

A fine place to work

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance--no mandatory crunch. I'm able to work my hours and then go home, and crunch culture is not the law of the land here. - New production staff that are doing good work to tighten up the way things are run, get development running smoother, and better ensure there isn't crunch across any teams. - Diversity on the rise. It's been a process, and while the company still isn't perfect, there are more people fighting to steer the ship in the right direction. More diverse hires means more accountability and change for the better. I hope! (The alt-right employee mentioned in another review no longer works here either and that's quite a boon) - I enjoy the work I do, I love being able to work on products for kids and teens to enjoy. The company cares about the products they make and the people who make them. - I've had opportunities to expand my responsibilities in meaningful ways because my teammates/supervisors listen to what I have to contribute.

Cons

- Lack of a proper HR system. If I have a problem that requires nuance, I need to go through a supervisor.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Look elsewhere for employment. You can find something better.

Jan 29, 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance was great. PTO and other benefits were pretty solid.

Cons

This studio is the definition of insular and traditional, with strong enforcement of favoritism that sours everything else. Diversity is a bad word here. The same handful of long-time employees make all the decisions, and there is little room for innovation, constructive criticism, or anything they don't agree with. Office management/HR department frequently failed to provide the most basic studio support, including several errors that really should have been reported to the state labor board. Upper management is a self-aggrandizing boy's club, especially with tech and production. The siloing of departments never seems to be addressed, even after years of being acknowledged, and project management and pipelines suffer immensely for it.

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A really good place to work

Feb 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with WildWorks for many years now, and I feel lucky to be here. The team is great to work with, and upper management is kind and down to earth. In an industry that frequently over-works its employees (movies/games) it's rare to be with a company that respects it's employee's time. WildWorks offers a great work/life balance that has been good for me and my family.

Cons

No company is perfect and that's true here as well. WildWorks has one really successful property and all of our games are based on that property. If you are really creative, you might find that environment a bit limiting.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Place to Work

Feb 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

WildWorks strives to create an open and collaborative workplace. Healthy work/life balance is also encouraged. It is great to be part of a team of talented and creative individuals who are passionate about the product they are creating. Besides the day-to-day work, continual professional development and learning are encouraged. Management is generally receptive to new ideas and trying new things. There is also a fair amount of transparency regarding how and why particular decisions get made. Overall, WildWorks is a great place to work.

Cons

The workplace is fairly homogenous. There is a lack of women in leadership positions, and in other positions women and minorities are underrepresented. Departments occasionally seem like their own silos - there is great collaboration within departments, but working across departments does pose particular challenges.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

WildWorks is Great!

Feb 12, 2016 - Illustrator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

WildWorks encourages and fosters creativity and innovation. It is a lean and efficient, but growing company, that bring on new skilled new talent when needed to maintain the demands of it's growing audience. It is a company that is growing not only in size but in opportunities as we venture into new and exciting markets. Most of the people who work here are passionate about what we do and want to make it the best it can be. It's a company where management is open and transparent and does not out number the staff. Work is fast paced and deliberate, so when things do take a turn it can slow things down, but as a whole it seems like most of the staff adjusts well to those twists and turns and learns from them to make it better the next time. WildWorks provides great benefits in the form of compensation, health care packages, as well as health initiatives. They try to provide whatever the employee needs to effectively produce what's expected and inspires effort above and beyond in an effort to make things better. The office is very relaxed and makes it a comfortable place to work. They also encourage a healthy work/life balance and are flexible to individual needs while still maintaining a core work-time environment.

Cons

With the growth of the company it has has been hard to still know and work with everyone, so it is not as family-feel as it used to be. This also makes communication harder and more important.

WildWorks Response

Global Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all employee feedback and we're glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. Growth can come with challenges as you mentioned. We're working hard to ensure our culture and work/life balance are preserved as the company grows.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with room to grow!

Feb 12, 2016 - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate employees, great work-life balance, energetic creative environment and support for professional development. Fun, safe and educational kids properties.

Cons

Company has grown quickly over the past five years and occasionally struggles with growing pains.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic Company

Jan 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

WildWorks Management understands what it means to have a healthy work/life balance, which encourages smart work. The level of talent is very high, and it makes for an innovative environment. WildWorks has always treated me with respect and I've always felt privileged to enter it's doors.

Cons

Sometimes the direction of new projects come to a halt when management doesn't like something new or different.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growing Company with Great Benefits

Jan 13, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

WildWorks offers great flexibility to their employees, ensuring a healthy work/life balance not seen at many other gaming studios in SLC. Working on children's games is really fun and the environment is really creative. The management team is transparent with growth goals and are available for the staff to talk to. Fun perks for staff including

Cons

Management isn't clear on career growth and goals for individuals, despite setting goals for the whole company each quarter. Communication is open in the office, but it appears as though all direction comes from the studio founder rather than leveraging the expertise of the staff they've hired.

WildWorks Response

Global Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all employee feedback and you've raised some very interesting points. We're glad to hear you have a positive outlook and that you recommend us. Individual growth for our employees is vital to the company and we'll take your recommendations into consideration.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews