Wildfire Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Wildfire Interactive Founder & CEO Victoria Ransom
Victoria Ransom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are some growing pains, but that comes with the territory when you grow from 40 employees to 300 (in 9 reviews)

1. "Unbelievable ride"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, community / family atmosphere, exciting work environment

Cons

Typical growing pains of a startup (IT lagging, resource-constrained)

Advice to Management

Do it again

2. "Great Company"

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

Wildfire had a great vision, amazing culture, inspiring leadership and was best potential experience anyone could ask for.

Cons

There were none specific to Wildfire. Any job will take adjustment but Wildfire aimed to make that as easy as possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to do everything you did back in 2012. You inspired an entire company to worked hard and taking nothing for granted.

3. "Fantastic work experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive Wildfire Interactive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive Wildfire Interactive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Awesome company, great people, brilliant vision

Cons

Terribly rude cleaning lady on the 7th floor I ran into after hours one night

Advice to Management

Have a stern talk with that cleaning lady

4. "Energetic, motivating, constantly changing"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people with a serious drive

Cons

Upper management could have been more experienced. Too many structural changes constantly

Advice to Management

Get upper managers with more experience.

5. "Great opportunity to work with an amazing group of people and start a career!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Complete transparency from top down, fantastic leadership from management, autonomy to have an impact across multiple departments, and great group of coworkers to work with everyday. They promoted from within, and had great training program for new hires. Everyone was friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. Culture was like nowhere else.

Cons

Pay was far below industry averages especially for the Bay Area, and meals weren't paid for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and continue to promote from within.

6. "A Unique and Wonderful Place (very thankful to have this opportunity!)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

* lovely, motivated, hard-working, and kind individuals.
    * extremely collaborative environment
    * awesome example of leadership and professionalism found in our CEO
    * exciting time/place to work in the Social space
    * Gorgeous office setting
    * Snacks/Perks are decent
    * Co-workers quickly become friends

Cons

* atmosphere can become too collegiate (only occasionally!)
    * I sometimes wish managers took more of a hands on approach. I appreciate being respected enough to do my own thing, but sometimes guidance is helpful.
    * sometimes we run out of Diet Coke
    * as we've grown, overall communication from the top down has become a little less transparent (understandable)
    * tedious commute from SF

Advice to Management

Work actively to improve communication with your team/those underneath you. This will be crucial as we officially transition from a "late-stage start-up" into a larger company.

"Loving My Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant opportunities to learn; within and outside of my department. Smart, fun-loving people. Victoria Ransom is an incredible CEO, with a great vision and honest leadership. Management listens. Dynamic environment

Cons

Our growth explosion has certainly caused some challenges, so for those who don't operate well in ambiguity this may not be the place for you. Large, but still has some of the issues of a smaller start up in terms of organization, communication, and hiring qualified management.

Advice to Management

Continue to be uncompromising in the talent we hire. Especially when it comes to individuals who have exhibited both high mental aptitude and a track record of hard work.

8. "Great place, some growing pains"

Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are really fun and really drive. The atmosphere is great. It's a super exciting time right now.

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains. A solid amount of management problems (in terms of who they are and how inexperienced they are).

Advice to Management

Be transparent.

"Inspiring but Not Quite There"

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many people in this company are motivated individuals. Many people are friendly and create an atmosphere where people are interested in building relationships with their coworkers to strengthening the company.

The marketing team has generated great excitement for the company. The company is making headway the market with clients and the public.

The little perks are nice; snacks, drinks.

There is definitely lateral mobility within workplace.

Many people feel as if they have a chance to really make a visible impact on the business.

The CEO, Victoria Ransom is inspiring, great energy and comfortable to work for.

Cons

Commuting from San Francisco to Redwood City is time consuming and energy killing. (Other companies offer free shuttle services from multiple stop points in SF to their offices in redwood city and SV). I understand this is not management's fault that I live in SF, but your company recruited me, and I like living in SF- same with half the office.

Also related to the LONG commute: Work from home days are very limited. I usually feel a negative push back from management when I ask to work from home. Previous CV companies I have worked for allowed me to work from home one day a week. Helps a lot.

Super long hours, even by industry standards. (with low pay, doesn't help) Compared to similar companies in this field, the benefits and pay are not up to par. (salary, medical, 401k, etc.).

Need more mentors, leaders for the entry level employees (ex. sales teams need more mentors/managers).

Many employees work after office hours (especially in Sales/Client Services) but management doesn't seem to care if you're not in office.

Advice to Management

Think about offering a shuttle from the city of SF to the office. It may save the company money in cal train tickets for their employees. Ans it will save the employees money on an hours drive of gas. You may have more energized and happier employees at the end of the day.

Recognize the hard work and efforts that your employees putting into the company and share their accomplishments with other teams.

Salaries and benefits need major upgrades.

When bringing on new sales managers, maybe train them a little longer (In the end they train us).

"True Startup Life"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Strong leadership from our CEO, Victoria Ransom. She is a visionary and someone who inspires all of us. Victoria is always eager to listen to her colleagues and take action where appropriate.
    - Very smart and passionate people.
    - Biggest and best social media software company in the space.
    - Transparent management team.
    - Lot of opportunity for professional development and even personal growth. This has been an accelerated MBA program for myself that will ultimately help me in my future entrepreneurial ventures.
    - Autonomous environment.

... and it's fun!

Cons

- Benefits could be better but there is now a focus on improvement in that area.
    - There are some growing pains, but that comes with the territory when you grow from 40 employees to 300+ in the 2 or so years I've been here.

Advice to Management

Keep listening :)