Wildfire Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Wildfire Interactive Founder & CEO Victoria Ransom
Victoria Ransom

1. "Great Company"

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

Wildfire had a great vision, amazing culture, inspiring leadership and was best potential experience anyone could ask for.

Cons

There were none specific to Wildfire. Any job will take adjustment but Wildfire aimed to make that as easy as possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to do everything you did back in 2012. You inspired an entire company to worked hard and taking nothing for granted.

2. "Fantastic work experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive Wildfire Interactive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive Wildfire Interactive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Awesome company, great people, brilliant vision

Cons

Terribly rude cleaning lady on the 7th floor I ran into after hours one night

Advice to Management

Have a stern talk with that cleaning lady

3. "Energetic, motivating, constantly changing"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people with a serious drive

Cons

Upper management could have been more experienced. Too many structural changes constantly

Advice to Management

Get upper managers with more experience.

5. "Great opportunity to work with an amazing group of people and start a career!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Complete transparency from top down, fantastic leadership from management, autonomy to have an impact across multiple departments, and great group of coworkers to work with everyday. They promoted from within, and had great training program for new hires. Everyone was friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. Culture was like nowhere else.

Cons

Pay was far below industry averages especially for the Bay Area, and meals weren't paid for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and continue to promote from within.

6. "A Unique and Wonderful Place (very thankful to have this opportunity!)"

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

* lovely, motivated, hard-working, and kind individuals.
    * extremely collaborative environment
    * awesome example of leadership and professionalism found in our CEO
    * exciting time/place to work in the Social space
    * Gorgeous office setting
    * Snacks/Perks are decent
    * Co-workers quickly become friends

Cons

* atmosphere can become too collegiate (only occasionally!)
    * I sometimes wish managers took more of a hands on approach. I appreciate being respected enough to do my own thing, but sometimes guidance is helpful.
    * sometimes we run out of Diet Coke
    * as we've grown, overall communication from the top down has become a little less transparent (understandable)
    * tedious commute from SF

Advice to Management

Work actively to improve communication with your team/those underneath you. This will be crucial as we officially transition from a "late-stage start-up" into a larger company.

"Loving My Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant opportunities to learn; within and outside of my department. Smart, fun-loving people. Victoria Ransom is an incredible CEO, with a great vision and honest leadership. Management listens. Dynamic environment

Cons

Our growth explosion has certainly caused some challenges, so for those who don't operate well in ambiguity this may not be the place for you. Large, but still has some of the issues of a smaller start up in terms of organization, communication, and hiring qualified management.

Advice to Management

Continue to be uncompromising in the talent we hire. Especially when it comes to individuals who have exhibited both high mental aptitude and a track record of hard work.

"True Startup Life"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Strong leadership from our CEO, Victoria Ransom. She is a visionary and someone who inspires all of us. Victoria is always eager to listen to her colleagues and take action where appropriate.
    - Very smart and passionate people.
    - Biggest and best social media software company in the space.
    - Transparent management team.
    - Lot of opportunity for professional development and even personal growth. This has been an accelerated MBA program for myself that will ultimately help me in my future entrepreneurial ventures.
    - Autonomous environment.

... and it's fun!

Cons

- Benefits could be better but there is now a focus on improvement in that area.
    - There are some growing pains, but that comes with the territory when you grow from 40 employees to 300+ in the 2 or so years I've been here.

Advice to Management

Keep listening :)

9. "Great company, some growing pains, awesome perks and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- culture
    - lateral mobility within workplace
    - the office is awesome
    - cal train passes, gym membership, snacks
    - good people, smart coworkers, plenty of opportunities to learn how a company is actually grown and how customer relationships are managed
    - the CEO practices what she preaches, as does all upper management for the most part

Cons

- if you're going to get us snacks... get us healthy ones
    - sales is known to be a bit cliqueish, but nothing you can't look around

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Remain candid, transparent, trusting and inspiring. Don't be afraid to tell us what we are going to do. Wildfire is a very collaborative place where people don't step on one another's toes, but at this junction I think we need clear, unambiguous marching orders sometimes.

10. "It's a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Wildfire is filled with incredibly intelligent people who are passionate about the company and what they do. I look forward to coming in to the office each day.

Cons

Sometimes there seems to be unnecessarily large communication gaps between departments and teams

Advice to Management

keep on listening :)

"The Best Place I have Ever Worked Period."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The work environment is very helpful, relaxed, and full of energy. Anyone and everyone is willing to help at anytime no matter what department you are in. It is very well balanced giving you opportunity to hang out and get away from your computer whenever you need a break. You want to come to work everyday because of the comradery shared between everyone who works here. I feel like I can walk up to anyone from a new hire to the CEO and ask for assistance or just chat. On top of that we not only work hard, but play hard. We have awesome team building events that involve costumes, refreshments, and many Wildfire memories. I love working here.

Cons

Wildfire is growing from becoming a lean start-up to a medium/large sized corporation. Now that we are getting bigger there are needs to be more scalable management in place and the work environment has to cater to several hundred people rather then a smaller group. However, Wildfire is adjusting accordingly and always gives us an opportunity to share when we walk to suggest an improvement.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that management keeps the same hard working and humble attitude we have always had. As we get bigger don't forget where we came from.