Wildfire Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 23, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are some growing pains, but that comes with the territory when you grow from 40 employees to 300 (in 9 reviews)

1. "Amazing people, management, culture! I couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The culture and team at Wildfire is simply amazing, I work with an extremely passionate and supportive team. I love coming to work everyday because they inspire me to be better people.

We are encouraged to take on new projects, present new initiatives, and develop our skills. This is one of the most amazing companies I have ever worked for. This job has introduced so many wonderful people into my life and has given me skills that will only improve my career skills.

Cons

As we are a start up, there is some uncertainty about some career progression and where the company will be in a year or further. This is the only con I could think of, and I believe many other start up cultures have this environment as well.

I do think that some people and tasks could be more productive and efficient.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, it is important that everyone continues to give all their effort everyday. This needs to be brought up in a welcoming but direct way.

2. "I have enjoyed everyday of my job at Wildfire and highly recommend it to everyone I know."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I enjoy coming to work everyday.
    I am allowed to work for myself as much as I want but it always feels like I am a part of something bigger.
    The people here are great. For a company of our size I think it is unusual to count so many as good friends.
    It is a very relaxed atmosphere but we work very hard and this makes it challenging but comfortable.
    We have a bar.

Cons

You are expected to work long hours and although nobody hounds you to come in early or stay late, there is sometimes a feeling that everyone is expected to put in the same shifts as those with a lot more at stake. This is not always a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Start learning from the odd mistake that has been made and respect the fact that as you hire more and more people, their stake in the company, and urgency to work extra extra hard will dwindle slightly.

3. "Best overall experience ANY company could provide"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I couldn't rave more about Wildfire. Coming into work every single day is an absolute pleasure. I actually look forward to it! The company culture is amazing- so fun and always something exciting going on. Our employees are the most intelligent, hard working, and motivated people in the industry. Our product is phenomenal and something to truly be proud of. Our team works towards a common goal and we are extremely driven in that sense. Our employees are treated very well and I never hear a single complaint in the office. Everyone feels so fortunate to be working here.

Cons

We work some long hours sometimes, but honestly if you love the people you work with, it doesn't even matter. There is a sense of urgency here in the sense that we are not waiting back on our heels but we are making moves quickly within the industry, so if you are looking for a standard 9-5 job, this is not the place for you.

4. "Wildfire has turned into my second home, and a great passion point."

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The senior leadership is brilliant-- Harvard Business School, Stanford Business School, UPenn, Dartmouth, the works. They're entrepreneurial success stories before Wildfire and bring their success to Wildfire. They're smart and inviting, warm and welcoming. It's a fantastic thing to work under them and learn from their experience.

The team is fun— we do skew on the younger side, but that gives Wildfire a fresh outlook, one that is progressive, forward thinking, adaptable, and flexible.

The product is great. While it very nearly sells itself, the engineering and product teams are tirelessly working to always update it, always brainstorm ways to add functionality and keep bringing our tools and our company to the forefront of the industry.

The camaraderie is unsurpassed: I've never worked in an environment where its so palpable, this spirit, like a force that runs through the space and all of its employees, that we're in this together and every contribution is felt if not seen. I treasure this place, and I have worked in other places and for other companies that had multinational presences and hundreds of thousands of employees.

Cons

We're growing so fast, its hard to keep up. There are always new faces, which is nice, but its near impossible to keep track of the changing roles and new people.

We're hiring people straight out of school, and there's so many of them that the vibe in those *greener* departments can get cliquey, and at times unprofessional. More attention to "culture training" and professionalism (even in a workplace as unstructured and free-thinking as ours) will help to get a better handle on this.

Advice to Management

A continued emphasis on professional development for your team will be really well-received. Thanks for always being transparent with us, especially during the all-hands meetings, and quarterly retrospectives. Also we appreciate how accessible you are to everyone. You make it a fantastically rewarding place to be.

5. "Great Culture & Great Opportunity - Bad Benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

There is a lot of potential to grow with the company.
    You are given freedom to run your book of business as you see fit.
    Management is very open to information sharing; all employees know where the company stands.
    Exposure to different departments - communication between Engineering, Ops, Biz Dev, Sales is regular.

Cons

The new healthcare insurance plans need improvement, they ignore covering Employees+Spouses but provide coverage for Employee+Families, this increases my out of pocket healthcare expenses significantly. The recent change in sales compensation plans was designed to restructure the company for growth so we could add more engineers and account service people, but I'd say some of that savings needs to go into improved benefits.

When you start in a sales roll, there is a lot to learn and you have to be agile because things can change quickly. It's still a start-up scrappy culture so you have to be able to adapt to changes and take initiative.
    The account fallout system is designed to make sure employees who start today vs. a couple years ago have the same opportunity for success, however it's frustrating for new sales employees to see how there are no top tier brands to call on anymore (set expectation during interview better).

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and promoting smart people. Improve benefits to include Employee+Spouse coverage.

6. "Really Awesome People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The people are hands down the coolest, smartest people I've ever worked with. I really like the way that Wildfire treats its employees - we all work a lot but have fun too! I like the career progression opportunities at WF as well.

Cons

I think that WF is just experiencing some growing pains. I think they're currently sorting out a lot of processes like the outdated vacation day policy and once they do it will be awesome!

"The people and atmosphere are unbelievably awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The culture is superb-- everyone is friendly, energetic, excited to be there. No matter how many new people get added, you can always feel that "Wildfire" vibe. Very scrappy, it helps that you can wear whatever you want, people express their comfort in happy ways.

Cons

Beginning to experience growing pains, going from completely flat to more hierarchical management. Unclear policy on lunch or time outside of office leads to confusion about what is "appropriate."

"Great culture+ Great People + Great Work= Great Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Never a shortage of work and projects, so you're always kept busy. But, there's no external pressure compelling work to get done. The company culture is just so amazing that people want to get stuff done (and at a high level!) to better the organization. That type of behavior is infectious and really forces everyone to try their best and grow. The company's growth is amazing and makes you feel like you are part of something really special.

Cons

As it's a start-up, resources are tight. Be cognizant of that and sure that's what you want.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about the compensation/options package- it'd be nice to understand how our compensation compares to others in the industry. Beyond that, keep on doing what you're doing!

"Delivering Happiness..."

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The level of humility within the company allows individuals to perform at their very best. The path is unclear but we have the right people on the bus. Wherever we go, it will be a fun ride!

Perks:
    Limitless potential, free snacks, spontaneous outings, no micro-management, awesome training and a keg on the third floor... All mixed in a bowl of passionate and friendly people!

Cons

Benefits could be better. Many roles wear multiple hats. Managers should be proven performers but have equally weighted experience in managing.

Why the pros outweigh the cons (by a lot!):
    Growing pains are beginning to surface but this type of growth is hard to find so enjoy the ride while you can!

Advice to Management

You already know... Keep trying to make us even happier!!

- Continue to listen
    - Keep management as flat as possible
    - Upgrade benefits package (vision, comps, etc.)

10. "Best Company I ever worked for"

I worked at Wildfire Interactive full-time

Pros

The People... without a doubt the best group of people I ever worked with. Also executed strategies efficiently.

Cons

It all ended too soon. Felt that is ended right as I was really finding myself as a sales rep.