Willamette Dental Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Eugene Skourtes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours, incomplete office remodels (in 7 reviews)

• It is really hard to follow my practice manager when she hardly shows up or knows what she talks about (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Passionate people, respected philosophy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team oriented environment, everyone is supportive of each others success and on board with the company philosophy - focused on the partnerships and care for our patients. Flexible with working hours. Open to employee feedback as corporate culture continues to evolve.

Cons

Being flexible and prepared to shift gears accordingly as responsibilities pull in all different directions.

Willamette Dental Group Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the time you took to provide this review!

2. "Excellent people, benefits, compensation, and mission"

Current Employee - Administrative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willamette is a wonderful company to work for. The company fulfills the mission and values of the company on a daily basis. Feedback is solicited from patients and employees alike and then the company makes changes based on the input received. Everyone that works at Willamette believes in our philosophy and doing the right thing for patients.

Cons

As it is with all companies that want to evolve and grow, there are lots of changes that take place. These can sometimes be communicated better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and involving employees in business decisions. Work with employees to create long-term career/growth plans.

3. "Lead Dental Hygienist"

Current Employee - Hygienst in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Hygienst in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Even though WDG is a large group there is still the relationships with the patients that make the experience for the patients more personal. Since WDG is a large group you get better benefits that in most private practices. It is easier to have time off when you want it rather than when the doctor is taking time off.

Cons

It is hard to work 40 hours a week but there is sometimes an option to work less.

4. "Lead Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits that start immediately, full time regular hours and excellent pay, with continual improvements to make being an employee even better.

Great initial training on software, and Willamette philosophies with classes for several days in Hillsboro, OR and in office training program. You'll not just be thrown in to a "sink or swim" type start.

True patient first care, not unnecessary treatment so the doctor can make money. Willamette Dental is an evidence based company. Treatment is to be done after certain criteria is met (like the patient having all decay under control before placing a crown)and sometimes that can be frustrating to the patient, though it's in the patient's best interest.

As a Dental Assistant, I appreciate the opportunities to work in general, specialties and even other offices if I want/need additional hours. Extremely focused on what the employee needs and wants.

Relocation opportunities. With locations in OR, WA and ID I could transfer if I ever moved to any of these areas.

Willamette really cares about it's employees. We are treated as its most valuable asset. That's rare.

Cons

Large company with decisions made at a corporate level can be frustrating at times.

Materials are controlled by a formulary list-you can't get just anything you want.

Learning our philosophy and ways can be overwhelming at first. It will take a good 6 mo-1 yr to feel you've got it down well but there is amazing support all around the new hires.

For some who have worked in smaller offices, coming to a place with so many employees in an office, can be overwhelming at first.
    No artificial nails allowed.

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, work environment, values, enjoy my work duties

Cons

Pay is less than what I'm used to. Not sure what I'd do or what positions would be available if I were to move up in the company

Advice to Management

To listen to the employee surveys & feedback. It seems like they have from what I've observed

6. "Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love how Willamette is work to make Pt care a positive and work with Pt to have them provident tooth Decay

Cons

I really don't have any down side working for Willamette

Advice to Management

Maybe just make sure to check in with works and give them positive feed back

7. "hygienist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good 401 K, large company, good medical benefits

Cons

long hours, poor management, long term employees not helpful

8. "Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Salem, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WDG has a very competitive compensation package! WDG is flexible with personal schedules.

Cons

We work long hours. 10 hour days. Our clinical supplies are limited to what is approved by the company.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, if you feel you have communicated enough I feel you should over communicate. Kudos in a timely manner.

9. "dentist"

Former Employee - General Dentist
    Former Employee - General Dentist

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

somewhat good benefits, some good competent coworkers

Cons

very toxic place to work, management not supportive at all only point fingers when problem occurs, super busy schedules. had to take lots of BS and abuse from management, special for office level. Flaky and two faces management and they attack on your back, even make up lies to cause terrible drama.
    Warnings to Pts: don't come to WDG since they always get rid of experienced dentists and replace with new grads, most of them don't know what they are doing, only show such so fake care to get good feedback , you can find in their web site, every Dr is 4.5 out of 5 ratings, you have to ask yourself " really? " Also this is HMO type of dental insurance company so they will do as little as possible to make more money for themselves. They have no interest to focus on clinical excellence. Dishonest, all for show.

10. "Excellent company!"

Pros

Benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, wellness program, employee discounts
    Collaborative and supportive work environment. We’re constantly seeking out feedback, sharing ideas and changing based on what we learn!
    Our evidence based and proactive treatment philosophy and affordable patient care

Cons

The biggest con is absolutely the patient offices and their appearance. It’s embarrassing for the teams and patients are always commenting on how outdated and run down we look.

Advice to Management

Fix the offices. This is just about appearances it’s about patient care. We’re growing but we have no room to work.