Willamette Dental Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Eugene Skourtes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours, incomplete office remodels (in 7 reviews)

• Office manager is not present enough, and shows favoritism to certain employees (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent people, benefits, compensation, and mission"

Current Employee - Administrative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willamette is a wonderful company to work for. The company fulfills the mission and values of the company on a daily basis. Feedback is solicited from patients and employees alike and then the company makes changes based on the input received. Everyone that works at Willamette believes in our philosophy and doing the right thing for patients.

Cons

As it is with all companies that want to evolve and grow, there are lots of changes that take place. These can sometimes be communicated better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and involving employees in business decisions. Work with employees to create long-term career/growth plans.

Willamette Dental Group Response

Feb 27, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review and for all the thoughtful feedback!

2. "EFDA"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time

Pros

Benefits and 4 Ten hour shifts

Cons

Have no cons yet, I'm a new employee

3. "Lab"

Current Employee - Lead Lab Technician in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Lab Technician in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Vacation time, Opportunity to grow. close to home. good managers.

Cons

negative talking can be fixed.

Advice to Management

Increase inner values of humbleness and meekness.

4. "Wonderful!"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Willamette Dental really cares about their employees. I get fantastic benefits. They have many opportunities to grow in and I feel they set high standards to meet the needs of patients and their employees. Their values hold strong and ensuring that patients are staying healthy.

Cons

There is room for improvement in the "specialty" field. Not a lot of options for our patients.

Advice to Management

Sometimes there is a disconnect between upper management and those at the office level. The communication isn't always there and polices get enforced and rolled out without a lot of explaining, causing lots of errors. It would be nice if memos are reviewed prior to rolling out as the office end up finding issues. The specialty field also seems to need a lot of improvement. Availability for patients is very limited in most areas.

5. "Employer of Choice"

Current Employee - Lead Care Advocte in Longview, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Care Advocte in Longview, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dr. Skourtes truly thinks of the employees well being. He does his best to ensure that Willamette Dental is THE employer of choice.

Cons

I don't have any complaint about working with Willamette Dental. I have enjoyed coming to work.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the great work!

6. "WDG employee review"

Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Salem, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the evidence based dentistry, I love that Willamette focuses on prevention and unlike a lot of private organizations, doesn't strive to "pull money from patients". I love the family that is WDG! I have made the most amazing, lifelong friendships with people through the company. I am excited to come to work daily.

Cons

I would like to see our PG survey system have a different layout.

7. "Willamette dental"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Milwaukie, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Milwaukie, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits/401K match/lots of options/family team

Cons

long days is hard with a small infant and daycare

8. "Employee"

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time

Pros

Training for and support while employed is wonderful

Cons

Management is stretched this and expected to carry a huge load. They do not seem to be supported and during times of distress are at times left hung out to dry.

Advice to Management

Support Management as much as every other employee!

9. "Care Advocate"

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate
    Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really strives in every way to focus on prevention of dental issues, rather than reaction to dental issues. They care about their patients and work hard to guarantee continuity of care, as far as seeing the same provider every time a patient is seen. They are innovative when it comes to patient care. They care about their employees as well, working hard to listen to their needs and desires and providing both positive and critical feedback that helps in patient care. When my work schedule of 4-10's wasn't working with my home life, they worked hard to ensure that a switch to 5-8's would work with the office schedules, as well as my own. My office also really focuses on good teambuilding activities and fun; we've really become a family and work very well together. This company does have a lot of opportunity, as long as there is someone else to cover what you're leaving empty.

Cons

Sometimes, because they care so much about patient care, it can bog them down. If a patient calls in for an appointment that should be addressed within a week, and their provider is out on vacation or sick; they are given the option to see another provider, as a permanent change. I don't think it's fair for a patient to be forced to see another provider permanently simply because theirs is out of the office for a week. I also disagree with how referrals are processed. They go through a review process, in which they may be approved or denied. If denied, I have to then call a patient that is potentially in a lot of pain, and tell them that, "Sorry, you can't actually see the oral surgeon, you have to come back and see your general dentist first". This seems like backwards patient care to me; if a provider feels that they cannot properly care for their patient and they need to see a specialist; trust that they referred them for a good reason.

Advice to Management

Listen to and trust your providers and employees. Most of us use our best judgment in difficult cases and don't just do things because it's the easy way out.

10. "NA"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great investment in employee growth and development. Nice healthcare. The team is amazing

Cons

The pay is low. The hours are long.

Advice to Management

When asking employees how they can support you better please follow through with what the employee is needing.