Willamette Dental Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 204 reviews

3.8
Eugene Skourtes
  1. Featured Review

"Great people and awesome management"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, environment friendly, good benefits and better pay to start

Cons

There is no downside of working here as long as you love helping people in need.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Willamette Dental Group2019-02-23
  2. "It’s an insurance company first"

Former Employee - General Dentist in Cascadia, OR

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Benefits, paid time off, predictable work in competitive markets

Cons

Long hours, limited professional autonomy, micromanagement. The insurance is the income, dentistry is an expense.

Advice to Management

Be flexible and modernize your workplace environment and culture

Willamette Dental Group2019-05-07

May 16, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have the autonomy you were seeking. With more than 500,000 members and 52 practices we strive to provide continuity of care to all our patients through evidence based dentistry.

3. "Good benefits and pay!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great benefits, great pay! Time off is nice! The company philosophy is great!

Cons

Working Saturdays and not being able to flex your schedule

Advice to Management

Let us flex our schedules a little more so we can be there for our families and childrens' sports events!

Willamette Dental Group2019-05-01

"Room for Improvement"

Current Employee - Certified Dental Assistant

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good pay, full time hours, three day weekends, overtime opportunities.

Cons

Quantity over quality, worked to absolute death with jam-packed schedules, hard to balance work/life, old technology.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take care of their employees first and foremost so that we can give the best possible care. There's too much emphasis on getting people in and out the door and it makes quality seem like it's not the primary goal.

Willamette Dental Group2019-04-25

May 16, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We’re proud of our electronic health record and digital radiography solutions. We’re sorry to hear you don’t feel like you have a good work/life balance. We understand it can be challenging for some to work 10 hour days, seeing patients from 7 a.m. – ...

5. "Must be ready to be efficient, busy schedule"

Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group part-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great benefits, able to focus on patient treatment without the stress of management. Group practice setting.

Cons

Frequent policy changes, both positive and negative. No salary adjustments to match lnflation. No benefits for seniority.

Willamette Dental Group2019-04-23

May 16, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your perspective and years of service. Innovation is one of our core values, and because we practice evidenced based dentistry and follow the medical model, this requires us to change and embrace the new science and literature. Our Associate Dentist compensation is ...

6. "Low salary, but guaranteed money"

Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time

Pros

Guaranteed money and guaranteed hours

Cons

Low wages, no incentive to produce

Willamette Dental Group2019-04-17

May 17, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback. It’s true that we don’t focus on production but instead on getting, or keeping, our patients healthy. Associate Dentists compensation is based on Pay for Performance metrics and not the traditional fee-for-service and/or corporate insurance reimbursement.

• "Great benefits"

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great benefits, medical, dental, vision, PTO, holiday pay etc

Cons

Can feel stressed to meet metrics

Willamette Dental Group2019-04-16

May 16, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your 5+ years of service!

• "Terrible working conditions."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

PTO. Because that’s all you work for is the time off.

Cons

Lazy and incompetent management. Don't bother working here if you are teamwork oriented or have good work ethic. There are 5 people that control the Richland office (out of 35+ employees) that do absolutely nothing for the company, their patient care and access, and to their coworkers. Since these select few people have all the free time during their work day, they are in both managers offices manipulating and telling...

Advice to Management

Allowing your 3 friends to dictate your managerial decisions, and calling it an efficient way of managing, is lying to yourself and creating the toxic environment that has always been there at the Richland WDG. I am so glad I left when I did.

Willamette Dental Group2019-04-12

May 17, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your experience at the Richland Practice. If you’ve not done so already, we encourage you to complete an “Exit Interview” with our employee relations team or email wdgemployeerelations@willamettedental.com for a confidential ...

• "Micromanagement is the new normal here"

Former Employee - IT Staff in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are able to spend money on upgrades and people that are needed at times, some good processes in place

Cons

Micromanagement and inability to listen to employees were the main factors that made me leave. I worked with a good team of people there, but the new management made me stressed out 3x more than I should have been as I was always worried about losing my job. Kept holding my 'annual review' over my head as a threat, and was always commenting that I wasn't doing my job (spoiler alert: I was doing my job+ more).

Advice to Management

Listen to what the employees say. If they go over their bosses head to tell you that there's an issue, you should take that. especially if you have several people telling you the same thing.

Willamette Dental Group2019-04-11

May 17, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. If you’ve not done so already, we encourage you to complete an “Exit Interview” with our employee relations team or email wdgemployeerelations@willamettedental.com for a confidential conversation.

• "Just ok"

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

4 day work weeks, Decent benefits and numbers of patients seen wasn't overwhelming.

Cons

Long working hrs on saturdays

Willamette Dental Group2019-03-29

May 20, 2019Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Our 4 day (40 hour) work weeks with 1 Saturday per month enable our employees a better work/life balance while meeting our patients needs and desires to have Saturday appointments.

Found 204 reviews