William Douglas Management Reviews | Glassdoor

William Douglas Management Reviews

Updated Feb 13, 2019

2.6
  1. "Small Company, Big Growth"

I have been working at William Douglas Management full-time

Pros

Small private company growing rapidly with uncapped potential.

Cons

benefits need to be updated to stay competitive

William Douglas Management2016-03-15
  2. "Excellent Property Management in the Southeast"

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at William Douglas Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Anyone who has worked in property management knows that it can be a tough profession. We answer to a multitude of people on a daily basis in person, by phone or e-mail. Interactions with vendors, residents, tenants, Board members, attorney’s, realtors and the like takes a very great skill set to balance and try to accommodate everyone. And because of this, it’s so important to work for a company that makes you feel supported. I think William Douglas Management is by far the best community management company in the greater Charlotte region. We pride ourselves on being fair, transparent, ethical and always accountable. I wouldn’t work for another management company after knowing we are operating the “right way” and would rather change career paths all together knowing I already worked for the BEST.

Cons

William Douglas is a smaller company that is growing rapidly, and with that comes some growing pains. Company-wide processes are evaluated for the best efficiency and keeping up to speed can be a challenge for those stuck in their ways.

William Douglas Management2019-02-13

"Former Property Manager"

I worked at William Douglas Management full-time

Pros

Worked with some very nice board members and co-workers.

Cons

Training was almost non-existent. Pay was terrible. Basically on-call 24/7. Poor support from management.

William Douglas Management2017-03-12
  4. "Property Manager"

Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at William Douglas Management full-time

Pros

This job allowed me to have much independence and allowed me to use my talents freely. I felt mostly fulfilled doing the job. The pay was ok but when compared was on the low-end for this type of position for the area. I think WDM has the potential to be an exceptional company with some changes.

Cons

The long hours needed to do a good job. My associations were all needy. Disconnect between main office and local office. They said they cared in words but not enough actions to help solve the problems. After my initial training I was left on my own to figure things out and fix a bunch of problems. My Regional Manager tried to help but was to far away to be a full support. I am a self-starter and determined, so I managed the best I could for a while. My co-workers and I had to spend so much time fixing mistakes and getting seemingly simple things done.

William Douglas Management2017-01-22

"Horrible work/life balance"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Mauldin, SC

I worked at William Douglas Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a steady job with a reliable paycheck. That's the only redeeming quality. They reimburse for mileage and you will have your own work space.

Cons

First of all, management totally misrepresents the position when they seek applicants. They advertise this as a "customer service manager" position when it is not. It's a property management position, managing HOAs for residential communities. Most of the staff does not hold a college degree. You will answer a lot of mundane questions and deal with a lot of neighbors bickering amongst themselves. A lot of the HOA board members are extremely demanding and treat their property manager like garbage. It's a completely demoralizing work environment. They will expect you to be on call at least once per month, which means phone calls on your day off at all hours. And just pray they don't give you a community to manage that has a faulty security gate or elevator, because any time there is a malfunction you can expect constant phone calls to handle, even on your day off. The pay is completely ridiculous for the work load expected, resulting in high turnover. If you are uneducated and inexperienced, it's a solid place to build a work history and experience. Otherwise, keep looking. It's an awful place to work.

William Douglas Management2016-08-22

"Don't work here"

I worked at William Douglas Management full-time

Pros

Honestly thought this was a good place to work until I got to know how bad management was and how they don't care about employees at all

Cons

Underpaid, people working that don't know what they're doing, don't care about employees, will drop employees like flies. No one stays long.

William Douglas Management2016-07-26

"Association Manager"

Community Association Manager in Canton, GA

I have been working at William Douglas Management for less than a year

Pros

Working for a variety of Communities, condominium, hoa and declarant controled.

Cons

Not having departmental assistance with the volume of work.

William Douglas Management2015-12-16

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews