William James Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

William James Foundation Reviews

5.0
CEO

1. "Life changing experience that proved the importance of art in education"

Former Employee - Contract Artist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Artist in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Artists are able to work closely with individuals and communities that have been marginalized by society. The efforts WJ takes to bring artists into meaningful work is impressive. I truly felt that I was giving back and changing the lives of the people I worked with.

Cons

It's unfortunate that many of the CA state prisons have suspended their Arts-in-Corrections programs which allowed WJ to extend so many wonderful programs to deserving inmates.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do so well!

2. "Successfully making an impact from day one till my last day, one social entrepreneur at a time"

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

1) The non-profit is extremely well run, with an extremely intelligent and dedicated boss and a diverse staff of optimistically minded individuals, all working hard to make sure the Foundation can make as great an impact as possible for social entrepreneurs around the world

2) Great location in the DC area

3) Had a variety of jobs, which made sure there was very always something new to try to do and learn from

4) I know I made a substantial impact on helping the Foundation succeed in its mission, and took a great deal from this opportunity

Cons

1) No pay (but I knew that going into my work with them, so there was no expectation to getting paid)

Advice to Management

To continue to listen and provide the opportunities for learning and growth to others who work there, as I have been given

3. "Exceptional opportunity to learn about for profit social enterprises"

Pros

Very hands-on
    Excellent networking opportunities with Social Entrepreneurs, Incubators, Impact Investors

Cons

You have to like working in a small and nimble organization; it's not for everyone

5. "SOLUTION"

Current Freelancer - Insurance Agent in London, England (UK)
    Current Freelancer - Insurance Agent in London, England (UK)

Pros

your welfare are taken care of by the company

Cons

inability to meet up with the demand given to you

Advice to Management

always put making profit as their utmost priority