William S. Hart Union High School District Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Counseling Secretary"

Current Employee - Counseling Secretary in Canyon Country, CA
    Current Employee - Counseling Secretary in Canyon Country, CA

I have been working at William S. Hart Union High School District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The counseling team is very collaborative and caring. Counselors are positive, helpful, and focused on assisting students reach their goals.

Cons

none that come to mind

2. "Solid"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at William S. Hart Union High School District part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good kids, good enough classrooms, pre planned lessons are there, and you have free reign when the teacher doesn't provide anything - which can be fun and good experience! Hart District's Administration is awesome, professional, and totally on top of things.

Cons

Huge disparities between schools across the district in terms of funding, resources, facilities, and talent. The system for reporting student attendance is very disorganized and error-prone.

3. "Love this district!!"

Former Intern - Counseling/Child Welfare and Attendance in Valencia, CA
    Former Intern - Counseling/Child Welfare and Attendance in Valencia, CA

I worked at William S. Hart Union High School District as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Loved everything about my intern experiences at the Hart District. Learned a lot and had great supervisors at every site. Am hopeful that I will be able to one day work in the district.

Cons

I have no cons to list, truly. I honestly can't think of any difficulties encountered while there. I interned for the district for over 2 years.

4. "Great schools!"

I have been working at William S. Hart Union High School District full-time

Pros

Pay, location, supportive parents

Cons

Admin - poorly trained

5. "Great Kids... no hours due to budgets."

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at William S. Hart Union High School District part-time

Pros

Great Kids... absolutely amazing kids! I throughly loved working with them. They craved positive adult attention I learned so classroom management was a breeze.

Cons

Typical educational organizational politics... no hours due to budgets. There is a huge division in community/schools due economical standards and ethnic background: there is the very rich schools, the borderline to being close to middle class /low income schools, and the low income schools. There is a very big heroine, cocaine and ecstasy drug problem in the community to the point of kids overdosing and dying but it's kept hush hush because it is "AwesomeTown. Marijuana is just like candy - the norm. Teen pregnancy starts in middle school and that too is secret because of "AwesomeTown". It's the 90210 of SoCal... I loved it but the parents really need to get a reality check and worry more about loving their kids freely before they love them to death with their wallets out and backs turned. I left to save mine from there. But I pray for my students.

Advice to Management

Observations: Less volume/mass hiring of guest teachers, more hours, more personalization... people are people not just numbers. There's power in a name. COMMUNICATION. ALL the schools and students deserve the same resources - not just the ones with the six figure parents.

"Great place to get child psychotherapy hours"

Current Intern - MFT Intern in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Intern - MFT Intern in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at William S. Hart Union High School District as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive environment, excellent clinical staff of supervisors, licensed and pre-licensed mental health professionals working in a progressive system. Internship is paid, and includes weekly group and individual supervision. Academic staff in schools have been great partners to bring mental health to students who might not otherwise have access.

Cons

School starts early, work is not full time to be living wage, but much better than having to pay like other internships.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, thank you for the opportunity to learn top notch clinical practice and help students with preventative mental health.

7. "A great place to work with supportive administration and teachers who care about their students."

Former Employee - Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at William S. Hart Union High School District full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great students and supportive parents. Other teachers are all friendly and easy to work with. Job is stable and the administration always expresses their gratitude for your work as a teacher.

Cons

Putting up with the teacher's union and all its political propaganda. There's not a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Management

You're doing a good job supporting the teachers and allowing them to have autonomy in the classroom.

8. "Stable, but stagnant"

Current Employee - Computer/Network Technician II in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Computer/Network Technician II in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at William S. Hart Union High School District full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable, reliable workplace, but stagnant.

Cons

Lack of opportunity for advancement

9. "Subbing in High School District"

Current Contractor - Substitute Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Contractor - Substitute Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at William S. Hart Union High School District as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Staff members are wonderful people.

Cons

With all the budget cuts the teacher have had to give up a lot of training time so less work for subs.
    They don't take into account the cultural needs of students.

Advice to Management

The fall break was set up to cover the Jewish High Holidays since teachers weren't following the memos sent by principals. The break wasn't meant to be two days off just for fun.

"WSHUHSD is has potential for excellence but fails with execution."

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

Pros

The students are a joy to work with.

Cons

The politics of education are huge here and unfortunately it gets in the way of its potential for achieving educational excellence.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - we really are here for the students - definitely not for the salary - and NO benefits.