KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Laura J. Alber
1,253 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No training !!!(in 191 reviews)
  • "Poor management, sups are not trained.(in 168 reviews)
  • "Low pay for such an upscale company; hours became very sparse when the economy began to fail.(in 146 reviews)
  • "The good managers walked out(in 89 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately, upper management and corporate have expectations that are well beyond unattainable and unrealistic.(in 86 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Proud to work here

Apr 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people - work hard, fun to be around, solve problems together/collaborate, challenge and teach me - Benefits - vacation/time off is competitive, pay for performance with strong bonus potential if high performer - Strength of company and growth plan - Ability to innovate, try to new ideas - Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and sustainability - Quality of products and purpose to help customers make their home a special space

Cons

Limited headcount/resources so you really need to be willing to roll up sleeves to get things done. (but this can turn into opportunity as well with less layers between you and your manager)

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

love the job

May 22, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

most of the customers are great the training is good

Cons

the hours are going to kill your life there is no wlb

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Williams-Sonoma is an amazing company!

Apr 9, 2022 - Product Development Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

WSI provides associates with benefits that are unrivaled! Not only do they give us PAID personal days, sick time, and vacation; but the pay protection allocated to employees is so abundant that I've always got left over paid time off. Please STOP and think about what was said. This company provides us with so much paid time off that I'm unable to use all of it. However the generosity doesn't end there. WSI has a multitude of ways that they show appreciation. Lunch is often provided for special occasions or as a thanks for all we do. They give raises, bonuses, and offer educational courses to help you expand your skill set. WSI also practices multi-cultural awareness and consistently proves that they see no difference in who you are or where you came from. Overall, Williams- Sonoma is an amazingly generous company that strives to care for it's employees.

Cons

Just my opinion; but sometimes a my fellow co-workers are spoiled and abuse what is offered to us or forget that the company takes wonderful care of us.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not Just Lean -- Spindly

May 9, 2022 - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard working, super smart colleagues, employee discount. The company provides access to guest speakers, lecturers, authors and celebrities for informative and inspiring presentations. It's too bad nobody has time to participate.

Cons

Exhausting pace, limited resources, echoic. The company runs lean, spindly, really. Most positions are covering the workload of 2 - 3 additional roles but in order to keep operating expenses low the company just pushes the added responsibility onto an already stretched team -- which is part of the reason it takes so long for initiatives to come to fruition.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love working at Williams Sonoma!!

Apr 8, 2022 - Senior Manager Retail Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to be an owner of your business. You can totally drive your business. Everyone from our CEO to our supply chain partners only has one mission, to take great care of our customers! We are customer service driven company. We also believe great service starts with how we treat each other. Our culture and morale are both very high. Customers comment how much they love our stores! Everyone is empowered to be their best self and bring their best game every day!!! The recognition is very high!!

Cons

Technology, we are making progress daily. Our supply chain partners kill themselves to take care of our customers. Can’t wait until the global supply chain challenges improve.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not worth the stress

May 24, 2022 - Customer Service Coordinator II in Cranbury, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing time off policy Room for advancement

Cons

No training Perpetually understaffed Very slow to get you log-ins for all the software you have to use on a daily basis Underpaid Constant high level escalations with no support to resolve it from higher ups Management is awful

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company to work for!

May 3, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The teamwork of this company is beyond measure. There is always someone willing to help and you are never alone. There are yearly raises and many opportunities to earn even more with bonuses, contests, and programs within the company. The position is work from home as well, which is helpful with the commute!

Cons

With the job being a work from home position, discipline and motivation are necessary to be, to be successful. We do have certain stats that we are to meet each month and these are needed for the job.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work with great internal growth!!

Apr 21, 2022 - Senior District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Williams Sonoma is such a great place to work. It's truly a People First culture with great internal advancement opportunities. There are a lot of amazing tenured employees + really amazing people and great opportunities at all levels. There is a great sense of pride and collaboration here, as well as some amazing innovation and the best product in the industry. I'm so proud of our giveback efforts, proud of what we stand for as a company from sustainability, to our diversity and inclusion practices, to our policy on truly welcoming all. Williams Sonoma is a company you can start and have a long and really amazing career. I'm so proud to work here and be a part of such an incredible organization.

Cons

None to share- I love what I do!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

May 23, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance and benefits.

Cons

Outside of California, there aren't any paid holidays.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

May 13, 2022 - Senior Inventory Control Clerk in Braselton, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great if hired on. Rates were easy to make, and learning the job was relativly easy; basically just counting inventory.

Cons

There is a very laxed screening process, resulting in scketchy coworkers. There was little if any enforcement of the safety rules makeing it feel dangerous. The systems they use are are pretty arcaic.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,921 Reviews

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Reviews FAQs

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 3,158 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc. to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

58% of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Williams-Sonoma, Inc. 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc. to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Job Seekers