KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Engaged Employer

Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Add a Review

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Aug 12, 2022

Found 593 of over 3,253 reviews

3.3
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. President, CEO and Director Laura J. Alber
Laura J. Alber
1,298 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No training !!!(in 192 reviews)
  • "Poor management, sups are not trained.(in 174 reviews)
  • "Low pay for such an upscale company; hours became very sparse when the economy began to fail.(in 156 reviews)
  • "The good managers walked out(in 92 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately, upper management and corporate have expectations that are well beyond unattainable and unrealistic.(in 85 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Seasonal Customer Service Rep Position

Oct 30, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Easy hiring process Nice People

Cons

Training was very hard to complete on time (80 hours of high pace speedreading). No time really for comprehension. Training is almost all self driven.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible work environment.

Dec 2, 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Fayetteville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and the discount

Cons

Training is abysmal. Mostly self guided modules that include a lot of product information for 7 brands which you will definitely not remember or rarely use, including a module about “things you’ll never need”. Sure, occasionally you’ll assist some nice lady trying to buy something for her grandkids so some product knowledge is helpful)but impossible to remember even the basics across 7 brands) but mainly you’re dealing with very angry people who have been promised over and over that their product is on the way but it’s actually in a status that you have zero ability to help them with. Very little about how to put the training into practice once you’re actually on the phone. Leadership is unresponsive. Help is through a message system, where you put in your question and are usually answered by a snarky person who didn’t bother to read your question to even understand it who then gives you an attitude when they provide the right answer to a different question and you have to clarify the question. If you email them regarding an issue, don’t expect a reply. Forget trying to schedule anything. They have a place to put your requested schedule in the system but that gets completely ignored. They will schedule you for 10 hours one day (and then be so slow they’re offering people to take the day off) and 3 hours the next, then 10 hrs the next day, but exactly your 30 hours. I got fed up with watching days that I requested off for dr appts be ignored and then being on the schedule while they were offering voluntary time off, so I found something else and sent my resignation to my direct supervisor, HR and two other supervisors that I was working on a project with. Only my main supervisor acknowledged receipt when I asked her about another issue, but then, a week after my last day, I received a letter of termination for not attending the days that I was scheduled after my last seat.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Not What I thought it would be.

Nov 18, 2021 - Customer Service Representative