Willis Towers Watson Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Willis Towers Watson CEO John Haley
John Haley

Pros
  • Best company to provide work life balance (in 120 reviews)

• Managers have a grown up attitude and are more than happy for you to work from home (in 39 reviews)

1. "Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Arlington, VA

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The WTW team puts their team members first, hosting various events to engage team members and assist in the work-life balance. Senior team members were supportive of staff growth and continued education.

Cons

Difficult to move around within the Company, despite the various champions for continued success. As WTW moves to new processes, there is continued resistance from some internal teams/managers, making getting on-board with changes difficult.

Advice to Management

Remember the value of your team members, thank them for the things that they have done and do what you can to assist them in their career growth. WTW is a great company and it is a shame to lose team members because management stifles their growth.

2. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great company to work for but it is only seasonal.

Cons

It is seasonal and you could wait for 1 or 2 years before you are a permanent employee.

3. "Not a bad experience, but I am underutilized"

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job security, ability to work with high level consultants and actuaries, good exam program, willingness to teach you the basics

Cons

Turnover is extremely high, put into high pressure situations consistently, hours and project management can be very bad at times

5. "Mostly positive experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO package, nice offices, good co-workers. Occasionally received perks such as free lunch or ice cream. Casual dress 5 days per week. Offices all over the world so lots of interaction with lots of different people.

Cons

Lower salaries than national average for several key frontline departments. Merger between the two companies was confusing for staff. Folks were left wondering if they would be out of a job. Management couldn't or wouldn't provide much insight as to merger details.

6. "IT Analyst"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good life / work balance. Many long term IT employees. Opportunities to learn about offshoring. Mostly stable jobs in Nashville. Interesting, complex global environment.

Cons

Impact of merger, of Willis with Towers Watson, is not completely clear. Could be layoffs. 2017 revenues have been lower than anticipated.

Advice to Management

Legacy Towers Watson (LTW) is the dominant party in the "merger". Some integration efforts have suffered due to LTW failure to understand Legacy Willis processes and systems.

7. "Application Data Processor / Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great supervisors and managers. Great pay, earned bonuses and team work. Stable hours with the seasons.

Cons

Don't look for a permanent offers even if you think your doing an awesome job. Working full time and nine months with no benefits. Other opportunities don't come if you have any write-ups so don't apply you want get it.

Advice to Management

You have a high turn over rate cause you look for perfection no one is perfect no one.

8. "Great except they don't like anyone expressing LOVE."

Former Employee - Applications Data Processor/Customer Service HYBRID in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Environment both inside and out TEMPE location.They provide free Coffee and Tea and Ice and water.Great computers ,desk etc. New facility.

Cons

HR Will get you for expressing LOVE. A lot that is promised before you get the job is not really true. We were told there would be weekly prize give always like T.V.s and I phones but it was more like quarterly. They said we would be able to surf the internet in between taking calls . Absolutely not true. Your bonus was pretty much in attainable until my second to the last month and they changed how they rated you for bonus and finally got it.

Advice to Management

When you see a good thing don't pass it up

9. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global footprint and great resources allow for entry in to large firms for opportunities to close deals. Experts in many industry verticals are best in class.

Cons

Lack of focused leadership. Local level and senior level leaders are caught up in corporate bureaucracy instead of leading local teams and driving growth.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the front lines actually doing the work of driving revenue and not consultants.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company, the brokerage business has existed in the US since the 1920's. The Nashville office is a good place to work, with lots of good people.

Cons

As with any company, sometimes decisions are made that I don't agree with.

11. "QA Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Laidback group of people, helpful and fun atmosphere. Fully stocked break room and catered lunches once a week.

Cons

none I can think of, keep in mind that I was an intern. Therefore, there was not much pressure put on me in the workplace.

Advice to Management

none

Showing 570 of 1,715 reviews