Willis Towers Watson Reviews | Glassdoor

1,805 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,805 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Willis Towers Watson makes its employees a priority and offers a good work / life balance (in 142 reviews)

• Managers have a grown up attitude and are more than happy for you to work from home (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be tricky to maintain work / life balance (in 141 reviews)

• can be exposed to long hours of work or shifting schedules; uncertain career path (in 83 reviews)

1. "lT"

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time

Pros

It was a pretty good job

Cons

I don't like to work

Advice to Management

please manage

"good place to get general business experience"

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time

Pros

good collaboration & colleagues, training oppportunities,

Cons

very financially oriented, lacks diversity

"CSR/ADP Seasonal"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Adp in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Adp in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Supervisors and managers are helpful, friendly, and encouraging. WTW has amazing values set for every employee. Company offers bonuses every month that are very attainable. Great pay rate for starting out. One on one coaching is available every week, which is great if you really want to push yourself to do better and succeed, and learn how you can personally improve where needed. There are so many resources to gather information and answer questions, as well as assist you in your work. Also the company is always asking for feedback and opinions from the employees to make for a better learning and work experience. Feedback and opinions are encouraged. Everyone is given the opportunity to show and prove their worth and abilities every work day, it's up to the employee to put in the effort! There are a lot of opportunities for growth, and WTW does hire from within first. Work hard, and reap the benefits!

Cons

It is made very clear that the job position is seasonal! However I love working here because it truly is a rewarding job in many ways, and so being that my job can end at anytime without notice is a con.

Advice to Management

Maybe consider a week's notice before laying off the seasonal workers in order to arrange finances. Other than that, you all do an amazing job at WTW!

4. "Make sure you have another job lined up at all times"

Former Employee - Licensed Benefit Advisor in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Licensed Benefit Advisor in Richardson, TX

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry into insurance because they pay for your exam and keep your license current. Pretty good trainers and training.

Cons

No stability, constant changes in protocol, favoritism strongly exists, not very good at assuring job security, no flexibility in hours, not enough parking to accommodate number of employees

5. "It's OK"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a large company so it's nice to have the consistency and support there. The working culture in my group in particular is quite nice.

Cons

I strongly dislike the open office floorplan in the New York office, and it sounds as if the rest of the company is going to follow suit...

"Depth of Expertise and Resources"

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time

Pros

Really broad spectrum of opportunity globally for employees. The leaders are good and actually care about the human side while also focused on the financial models.

Cons

The firm has a strong focus on the largest of clients in the risk management space and on the Human Capital side. There are many employees who have had entire careers that have been built on the middle market which can feel a little less important in the firm.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the field leadership and try and create a very clear picture of where the firm is going and what the identity of the brand is. They are trying to do this so simply keep at it.

"Pension Specialist"

Former Employee - Pension Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Pension Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved the people I worked with, the location, and the general environment. The culture in the Denver office was very supportive and positive. My managers were knowledgeable and approachable and they were flexible with working from home, which was a huge plus. Work/life balance is there, which can be hard to find! I enthusiastically tell people I loved working at WTW.

Cons

As much as I loved it, the pay was low. I was actually pretty insulted with the initial offer they made when I went from being a contract employee to full time. I countered and ended up getting a slightly higher salary, but it still was below my value. The positive environment and amazing location made me stay a little longer, but at the end of the day, you can only be underpaid for so long. It's sad really.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they are worth.

8. "Company Culture"

Pros

Great company with a strong culture. Everyone is friendly and genuine.

Cons

As an intern, more work could be assigned. From time to time, I felt there was minimal work for me to do.

"Health Care Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary + Bonus,
    Remote work
    PTO
    Ability to transfer to any U.S office which are located in most major U.S cities

Cons

Little to no recognition of your hard work. Very bad new hire training which consists of boring web ex videos and SQL labs. Your trainer who is responsible for helping you most likely will be in the same office and unwilling to work since they have their own client work. Horrible work life balance your expected to work 50 to 60 hours per week during open enrollment. Ongoing training that is offered is also web ex sessions that are pretty much sleeping sessions. No upward mobility and no career path given to employees.

Advice to Management

Bring all employees back into the office or work from home. Work on training employees better.

"Executive Compensation Consultant"

Former Employee - Executive Compensation Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Compensation Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues
    Good work-life balance
    A variety of projects

Cons

Work is repetitive and not always intellectually stimulating
    Limited opportunities for promotions
    Management's long-term vision is vague and unappealing

Advice to Management

Individuals have little control over bonus payout since funding is based on corporate and BU performance

Showing 1,805 of 1,977 reviews