Willis Towers Watson Reviews | Glassdoor

1,653 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,653 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best company to provide work life balance (in 128 reviews)

• Managers have a grown up attitude and are more than happy for you to work from home (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be tricky to maintain work / life balance (in 134 reviews)

• can be exposed to long hours of work or shifting schedules; uncertain career path (in 75 reviews)

"A Global Company?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Ability to work from a remote location

Cons

Immature management, gossip, office politics ruin any chance for a positive experience. Too many layers of management, so the real achievers get no recognition, or even worse, take blame for management mistakes.

Advice to Management

Investigate who is really doing what.

Willis Towers Watson Response

Mar 19, 2015 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for your review. We strongly believe that our associates are our most valuable asset and strive to recognize and develop all individuals for successful careers. We take such concerns... More

"One Exchange - Insurance"

Former Employee - Insurance BA in West Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Insurance BA in West Jordan, UT

Pros

-Good job for students to have when not in school (seasonal BA position)

Cons

-This company is extremely unethical when it comes to helping retirees with their insurance. Mistakes made by ill-trained employees make retirees lose coverage
    -Trainings aren't long enough, and because of the seasonal nature of the positions
    -Very sexist. Vast majority of people promoted to management are men
    -Raises are non-existent. People can go years working as supervisors and never get a raise
    -There is a "not my problem" that supervisors have when helping the people on their team. Supervisors will ignore their employees request for help.

Advice to Management

-Look at your diversity numbers when it comes to management.
    -Talk to people on the BA floor, and learn what problems they're dealing with and how to help them.
    -Frankly, look at doing a complete overhaul before Medicare or the AG comes knocking on your door.

"No Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Close to Grand Central, good location.

Cons

There is no room for growth, it's not your skills and knowledge or education, it's who you know. Your degree does not matter.

You can have an MBA, and if the next candidate has a Bachelors in Liberal Arts, they will take that person with the Liberal Arts Degree simply because that person knows someone in the company.

Nepotism is huge at Towers Watson, the only way you move around in this company is if your related or friends with someone.

Management in different departs don't know how to use excel or be an analyst but they have a senior role as analyst.

If you're an actuary you'll work longer hours then supposed to and won't get compensated for it.

This company is upside down.

Advice to Management

Hire talented people not people you know, give a bad image on the Company.

"Low pay, no skill"

Current Employee - Benefits Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Benefits Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson (Less than a year)

Pros

Free air, free granola bars, Ohhh how exciting. Decent time off

Cons

This company is terrible, they will hire anyone with a pulse on the pension team and it's because the pay starts at $18.00...in Denver. I was laid off and had to take this job. I was recently promoted and received...wait for it....a 20 cent raise. We have lost over 8 people in 3 months. Can't wait to find another job.

Advice to Management

None...they don't care

"This was one of the most manipulative companies I've worked for. Continually made promises they didn't keep."

Former Employee - Client Data Integration in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Client Data Integration in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only real benefit to working at this company is getting to work with the retirees.

Cons

This is a money driven company that throws away good employees to make an extra dollar. They are known for keeping seasonal employee in the "Seasonal" status for years at a time preventing them from obtaining benefits.

During my time their they did mass layoffs. Had an employee commit suicide in the parking lot. Decreased wages and commissions. Gave out signed offer letters for full-time employment and then fired those same employees anyway.

Advice to Management

When you treat people like a number instead of a person you indicate what you really care about. Maybe you should reevaluate your priorities!

"Human Capital"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Large organization with global reach.

Cons

Producers - large segments of producers in this organization are too afraid of their clients to deliver bad news or provide reasonable solutions for clients. Usual approach is to throw a "kitchen sink" of options without ever consulting with the client. Extreme lack in depth of knowledge of basic concepts of insurance at times will be the least of your frustrations with this group of employees.

Work done for clients is sloppily put together without care for quality or accuracy. When mistakes are uncovered, blame is thrown around instead of owning any responsibility for review.

Benefits and compensation are below industry standard.

Advice to Management

Management's sole concern for their personal sales goals clouds their judgement and ability to be effective leaders. Development in this organization is a farce unless you are willing to sell business.

"Low Balling their Employees - Non Technical people reviewing technical personnel"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Willis Towers Watson part-time

Pros

None whatsoever
    None whatsoever

Cons

Absolutely Low balling their Full time employees. Charging a lot of money to clients and people with no background in technical aspects write review about highly advanced and skilled personnel. Saying they are not Fit to Company Culture etc.

Specifically formed to squeeze Americans out of their Healthcare and Welfare Benefits and fill their own pockets as company by hiring inferior HR and other personnel reviewing highly talented and innovative employees.

Advice to Management

Quit low balling employees to fill your own Pockets.

"rater"

Pros

decent pay for the job

Cons

management is horrible and no advancement

"Licensed Benefit Advisor"

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Licensed Agent in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Willis Towers Watson (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was at least normal. Should be higher , but at least more than 15.00 hr.

Cons

Where to start. They reward bad behavior. They want to to hurry and get people off of the phone and not spend time with the customer. I saw many agents who could have cared less about the customer and would enroll everyone into the same plan. Some agents wouldn't take the time to do drug plans for the customer but yet those agents were making the most money. So the agents who treated the customer the worst got the Team Lead positions, won awards, etc... I spoke with many customers who would call back in due to the first agent not taking the time with them and rushing them. When they called back (and Extend couldn't figure out why the call volume was high) then I would take my time to make sure they felt like they had enrolled into the correct plan. The first year I was with Extend they told us to enroll every one into a Medigap F plan. Extend would get higher commission. Then the next year they told us to put people into a plan that fit their needs, but to do a drug plan took a long time and some agents wouldn't do them. This made the customer have to call back in and then the agents that did take their time with the customer got docked for long phone time. The first year we made a base pay plus some commission. The 2nd year we were told it was against the law to pay us commission. Really? Since when is it against the law to pay insurance agents a commission? They make millions during the AEP and then they lay off the agents. The disgusting part of their process is they make the seasonal agent sign a non-compete agreement which says they can't sell health insurance anywhere else. Is this fair? They use the employee, toss them out and then don't let them work anywhere else as a health agent. Talk about one sided. Employment at it's worst. They are smiling all the way to the bank while the employees get used and abused. They don't know what it is to take care of customers or employees.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and customers, instead of your bank account first.

"Assistant Client Specialist"

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time

Pros

Cannot think of any good reason to work here.

Cons

Management disrespectful to employees. Its like working for at a sweat shot. Open floor plan is distracting.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect employees. Do not treat them as if they are a piece gum stuck under your shoe.

Showing 1,653 of 1,797 reviews