Wilmington plc Reviews | Glassdoor

Wilmington plc CEO Mark Milner
Mark Milner
  1. "Turned a corner"

I have been working at Wilmington plc

Pros

Good people, good culture, happy environment

Cons

Portfolio business hard to pull together I’d think

Advice to Management

Welcome move on from the previous management.

Wilmington plc2019-07-13
  2. "Conference Director"

I worked at Wilmington plc full-time

Pros

In this position, you have autonomy and the ability to be creative in your programs.

Cons

It depends on what division you are in and who your managers are--some are very support and some are not

Wilmington plc2018-08-28

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Wilmington plc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Autonomy - Supportive environment -Opportunities to progress - New CEO brings excitement for the future - London head office is a fantastic work space

Cons

- Communication could be better - Some areas of the business feel disconnected

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are, improving things along the way.

Wilmington plc2019-08-23

"Love It!"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Executive in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Wilmington plc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing Staff, great communication, friendly environment

Cons

None that I can think of.

Wilmington plc2019-08-12
  5. "Focus on your people"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Wilmington plc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some genuinely great people who work here who are bright, full of ideas and who can help move the company forward.

Cons

Lack of diversity and not a progressive environment, still seems to be based on who you know and not how you contribute. Technology is a huge hindrance rather than a help.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and in making Wilmington a fairer and more diverse place to work. There is still a significant gender pay gap which is unacceptable in these times. Senior management on huge salaries and nearly all white males. Think about what people really want: flexible working, to be fairly recognised and rewarded, a proper training and development programme and a positive and diverse culture. Get this... right and your people will help lead the company into the future. Carry on as it is and the company will sink into the dark ages and become defunct.

Wilmington plc2019-08-31

"Sad place to work"

I have been working at Wilmington plc full-time

Pros

Nobody to micro-manage and very flexible working culture - free & easy. You can have 2 or 3 hours lunch and coffee breaks as and when you like.

Cons

Office Politics, Unappreciative managers & bosses. None of the manager knows how to manage, no knowledge or skills to handle conflicts or issues. Meetings are more like a monologue. No company vision or goals. Management thinks the free left over food or staff lunch is enough to keep staff happy. HR Wilmington never responds to emails, not sure what they are actually doing to improve the morale.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff and do not always assume that you know what they want. Stop defending yourselves and come up with better work practises.

Wilmington plc2019-06-27

"If you're a girl keep looking..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Wilmington plc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a lift so you don't have to climb the stairs everyday. It wont be clear which lift you need, but at least its there.

Cons

Sexist. Men get special treatment. Ive even seen men wandering around clearly drunk in the afternoon. I know that HR know about this. Theyve done nothing about it. I never met any Senior Staff. Senior staff I was aware of are all old white men. Women work in admin, and do so for like 10 years. There are some women MD's ..but thats it. Theres like 100 in admin, and a bunch of women MD's. No in between.... None of the Managers have any management education - they have no idea what they are doing or how to manage people or how to treat people. They put so much effort into surveys and never action any of the real issues. The most recent was a survey about if we like the new office (Nothing changed after that). This survey was also after we moved to a more expensive place..so they were just fishing for compliments. Yes they started a "Culture Group", but i never heard of them? Or what they were doing, or who it was? Let me guess though.. the Culture Group lacks all diversity and is made up of the people who adore being treated like dirt from wilmington. Thats the way to find the issues and make change.. well done guys! HR walk around like they are better than everyone else. There is one person in HR who I think is approachable... but you get allocated someone, and thats it. Tough luck. They never replied to any emails and they exist to help Managers do one over on everyone else. They seem to find more time to respond to people on here than to actually talk to people in the organisation and make change. Christmas party was warm cheap prosecco in the kitchen. Look at the annual report remuneration. the people actually doing the work are paid well below market rate. the directors, well above. Not allowed to work from home, even though we all work from laptops. Its freezing in here, the men are very comfortable though. The kitchen has 4 microwaves for 300+ people. So good luck with a lunch. Mugs, plates, cutlery are all a bit dirty though. If you start working here and they talk about the "Wilmington 10 pounds" or whatever, its not because you snack because you're happy. Its because you have to have a McDonalds everyday, because its probably cleaner than eating from their plates.

Advice to Management

Stop defending your bad practices and making out like EVERYONE with a complaint is ill-informed or wrong. Perhaps, just maybe, its you...not all of us... Instead of being so scared that prospective candidates will be put off from joining because of the reviews on here, why dont you try to actually make it a better place to work, so people dont write the reviews.

Wilmington plc2019-05-29
  8. "A truly agile and interesting place to work."

I have been working at Wilmington plc

Pros

Ever changing so plenty of challenge and variety. Great people. Supportive culture which is even more evident if you’re the type of person to work hard, roll your sleeves up and get stuck in. Opportunity to use your initiative and you get complete ownership and autonomy to grow your own skills and career.

Cons

Salaries and bens could be better. Structure is quite hierarchy. Need clearer brand and direction. A bit disjointed and no one seems to be working on a cultural change program to bring things together more.

Advice to Management

Engage a cultural change specialist and stop focusing purely on shareholders. Great companies start with great employees!

Wilmington plc2019-04-15

Wilmington plc Response

April 30, 2019Wilmington plc

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you feel we promote a supportive culture and encourage ownership and autonomy. Thanks also for your thoughts about culture, I certainly agree it starts with colleagues. In actual fact, we recently created a culture team in Wilmington with colleagues ...

"Positive workspace and culture"

I worked at Wilmington plc full-time

Pros

Good workspace, results focused in a supportive environment

Cons

Few negatives, company was in a period of transition and making positive changes

Wilmington plc2019-03-20

"Bullying & Backstabbing"

I worked at Wilmington plc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None whatsoever anymore. Perhaps free coffee

Cons

Culture is one of ladder climbing and saying the right things in front of the right people. If HR had a spine they would sort out the senior management team. The place will continue to be a revolving door if they don't. Avoid and don't be fooled by false promises to get you through the door The sad thing is that in their minds think they are doing a good job and are perfect

Advice to Management

None - They won't listen or act on it.

Wilmington plc2019-04-18

Wilmington plc Response

April 30, 2019Wilmington plc

I’m genuinely sorry you haven’t had a more positive experience at Wilmington. If you feel there has been any kind of bullying during your time here I would encourage you to contact me directly so I can address it. We take any claims of bullying extremely seriously. Tony Bainbridge, ...

Found 93 reviews