Wilson Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wilson Electronics Chief Executive Officer Bruce Lancaster
Bruce Lancaster

1. "Great company with a great working environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wilson Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wilson is a great company to work for. I actually enjoy going to work! Management is great. I feel like my opinion is listened to and valued. I report directly to the CMO who is the best boss I've ever had! He is very trusting of his employees, doesn't micromanage and values feedback. Wilson is always front of mind for him and I find it inspiring that he is always thinking of ways to grow and improve the company. Wilson is also one of the few companies I've worked for where the CEO and CFO know me by name. They have a genuine desire to know their employees and make sure they're happy. I also love my coworkers. There is a healthy work life and home life balance at the company. We work hard and set high goals, but we also know that family comes first. I love this company and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Cons

I don't love the word "cons" rather something Wilson could improve on is being a bit more competitive in their compensation.

2. "Wilson Electronics"

Current Employee - Purchasing in St. George, UT
    Current Employee - Purchasing in St. George, UT

I have been working at Wilson Electronics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comparable pay compared to other companies in the area. Great management and everyone goes above and beyond.

Cons

At the current time and have no cons; I hope that it remains this way.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time.

3. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Wilson Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people who are all willing to help and support new hires.

Cons

none that I can think of at the moment.

5. "Best Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Saint George, UT

I worked at Wilson Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company decent compensation plan with opportunity for advancement. Great culture and atmosphere for the technically adept. Easy going and great comradery!

Cons

Management and leadership in certain departments were thrown into the position by default and were ill-equipped to understake such a large responsability. Upper level managements decisions to put them in place was cruel and uncalled for. They have had to learnas they go and have suffered because of it. Their inexperience and lack of understanding on many of the fundamental principles of Leadership and Management have led a Tech team divided, dismal employee retention and substantial loss of critical tenured talent. They have a very rigid and narrow-minded unintentionally biased perception of what goes on in the office and often jump to conclusions or make rash impulsive decisions clouded by emotion.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible and create an atmoshpere conduscive to creativity, innovation and growth. Show interest in each individual employee and celebrate them for their strengths and work with them on their weaknesses. Dont celebrate mediocracy be genuine in your indvidual assessment of your employees. I only had a chance to go back and do things differently, but its too late for me. But its not too late for you yet, there is still alot of valuable hidden talent in your ranks, show interest in developing them and their qualities or else you will keep losing all the talent to surecall. When I started the entire team was gold and the profits soared now your down to about 15 to 25% of truly gifted staff and dropping fast. Surecall is no dummy and they know how to take care of their newly acquired talent.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Wilson Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well established company, focused on growth, very compassionate, understands family values, respect employees, superior products, innovative, empowering, focused on customer satisfaction

Cons

Not much to say here. Seeing great improvement in focus and strategy over past 12 months. As the company continues to grow and broaden focus and business model, some long time employees struggle with the changes, but this is to be expected when you have long time employees.

7. "Best job Iv'e ever had!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Wilson Electronics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons that I chose to work at Wilson electronics is the work environment, the people I work with are so nice and friendly and will help you with anything. Everyone also loves their jobs and they love working for a great company.

Cons

The only downside I Have noticed since Iv'e started working here is sitting all day. I don't like sitting still for very long but I sometimes I do get the opportunity to get up and walk around to stretch my legs.

Advice to Management

I think that More training opportunities would be nice, It would be nice to be able to get together with my department and learn something new that I could improve on or just to get new ideas on how to become more productive.

8. "Great Place!"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Wilson Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here, there are many perks to this job. To name a few:
    The management is great and they take the time to get to know you and help you.
    Your co-workers are helpful and not shamed upon to ask for help.
    They pay is pretty good for a call center, especially for not making any sales or cold calling.
    The training is excellent as well, you are only put on phones when you are ready to take calls, and there is little pressure to be at a specific time.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time, everything has been great so far and I enjoy looking forward to working here in the future.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Wilson Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun yet professional work atmosphere, access to career growth opportunities, plenty of ways to be involved within the company (projects, functions), affordable benefits package, my position is very flexible and works with any personal obligations I may have. So far I am very pleased and PROUD to work for Wilson Electronics.

Cons

Communication within the company is seriously lacking!

"Needs improvement!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

I worked at Wilson Electronics full-time

Pros

Most of the folks who work there (not including management) are very nice and treat you like family.

Benefits were decent.

Cons

Even though management tries to make you feel important and valued, you can clearly see that their only goal is to turn a profit to sell the company. I worked there for a few years and at the end of the day felt like I was being pushed out even though I was exceeding in my job duties.

It seems like management would move the entire operation to Salt Lake City if they had the chance....and as it is, any new hires seem to be for the SLC office.

Advice to Management

Care a little. Be honest when you are talking to your employees.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Saint George, UT

Pros

Company offers great opportunity for growth, they have a great training program. They really take care of the employees. Great benefits.

Cons

Company needs to bring all employees to HQ in St George.

Advice to Management

Give more recognition to employees who do a great job in their positions.