WilsonHCG Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is "0" & I mean "0" work/life balance so don't believe it when they preach it (in 11 reviews)

• Working from home is not for everyone (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance RPO. I really love working here. Great people, great culture. The company invests in its people.

Cons

Really none. I have not had any issues with this company. I love the culture here and everyone is so positive and encourage team work.

Advice to Management

None, they are doing great work. They have an open-door policy, which is very encouraging.

"Excellent Company Cuture"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is hands-on, Training, Work life balance, benefits

Cons

Can feel out of the loop as a virtual employee, even with all of the inclusivity offered.

"WilsonHCG"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Collaboration
    Team environment
    work life Balance is excellent

Cons

sometimes working virtually is difficult

"Insight into a growing global organization"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Meridian, ID

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined WilsonHCG during the summer of 2015 as a Recruitment Consultant; after 20 months I resigned to take my career in a different direction. It was all of a month before I called WHCG and asked to return to the organization. I was unsure how the conversations would play out and was nervous to make the call but the leadership team was very understanding and quickly made arrangements for my second round of employment. I wanted to rejoin for multiple reasons but mainly 1) Culture 2) Support 3) Resources internally and technology 4) Life-Work balance.

Culture - Employees have a voice; John and the leadership team listen to employees and make changes to our compensation plans, technology partners and processes. John cares a lot about the employees of WHCG and that genuine care is cascaded down so that employees cares about WHCG and the development-well being of their peers.

Support - I’ve had the opportunity to learn how many companies onboard employees, WHCG has a defined training plan for the overall company and account new hires are supporting; which condenses the ramp period - not a sink or swim mentality. Leadership is always looking at new/alternative ways for the delivery team to achieve their goals, some ideas get implemented and others don’t. Each team has their own site to house documents and client specific resources, don’t need to invent the wheel on a daily basis! Peer mentorship and relationships are important, I have been on both sides and always learn a great deal regardless of the role within the partnership.

Resources - WHCG focuses on delivering top level talent by utilizing some traditional sourcing but mainly by having a sourcing team that is on the forefront of new sourcing tools/techniques. After almost a decade in the industry and having completed advanced sourcing trainings in the past, I was blown away by the knowledge and ability of our sourcing team. All my peers have always been willing to answer my questions and lend a hand.

Life-Work balance - This is the first professional job that has allowed me to take PTO and I am not worried about how many fires I will need to put out upon my return. WHCG hires competent individuals and invests in them so you don’t have to work 24/7. In the course of almost 2 years, very infrequently does it require that I work long hours or weekends. If/when those instances come up, generally leadership rewards with early releases.

Being a virtual employee can be scary if you haven’t had that experience, very rarely do I feel remote and never isolated. Approximately 2 years in and each day I have support to accomplish my goals while having the freedom to set up my day, career growth, ability to increase compensation through performance and a team to develop from.

These are the reasons that I rejoined WilsonHCG.

Cons

Please see above section on WilsonHCG.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and hold the town hall meetings, it's great that you act upon our feedback.

Jun 5, 2017 – Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee- Firstly, we are elated to have you back on the Wilson team! Thank you for providing thorough feedback in regard to your former and current experience with WilsonHCG. We strive to... More

"Micromanaged Agency Calling Themselves RPO"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is great, not to mention you can work anywhere as long as you have internet. Some of the clients are pretty well known so it's a great way to get insight into corporate recruiting and to pad your resume.

Cons

Too many to name. Constantly micromanaged to a level I've never seen before. Why do we need to have daily calls to go over where we stand on our positions? Keep losing resources and they rely on "sourcing techniques" that are insanely outdated. Compensation/bonus structure is an absolute joke. One month I hired four people making six figures. I hit my goals for that month and the payout was less than $500. Constantly received praise from my clients (C-Level/VP Types), but never once received praise from senior leadership. Crazy that the client sees your value, but the company writing your paychecks just views you as another number. If you want to receive a raise you need complete a "tracker" that relies on things like leading team calls, sending referrals, and hitting offer goals that are easy/hard depending on your client. I'm sorry but getting additional compensation shouldn't depend on me sending up people for referrals. The propaganda that this company promotes is crazy. When there are "Wilson" calls you'll notice ROMs are very positive and try to get everyone on board with changes/new initiatives. I've had ROMs tell me that they're told to promote this. Culture shouldn't be manufactured it should be organic.

Advice to Management

This place does have a few benefits so not all is doom or gloom. If you're looking for a solid career without much opportunity for compensation/growth, this is the place for you. Pay attention to what is listed on Glassdoor. You'll notice that everytime there's a negative review it gets followed up by four to five positive reviews. I wonder why? As far as advice to management. Take a look at yourselves. You've driven a lot of tremendous people away with how you operate.

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, GREAT culture & people, and amazing support from upper management. This is just the start- love the incentives the company provides, aside from added bonuses, they provide so many growth incentives!

Very generous PTO- the company respects and provides an awesome work-life balance.

First time in a very long time I've actually been happy with my employer.

Cons

Working remotely can definitely have its pros and very little cons really. I'd have to say at times I do miss having physical human interaction from time to time. More company get-togethers would definitely help in this area.

I simply can't think of any other cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Apr 27, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we appreciate the insight it can give us to make us better! It is great to hear that you are valuing the culture here at WilsonHCG as... More

7. "Satisfied Employee"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Working Remotely (From Home)
    - Employee Perks
    - Great Co-Workers

Cons

None cons at this time

Advice to Management

- Continue to be open to communication and ideas
    - Have internal opportunities posted/visible

Mar 31, 2017 – P&C and Contract Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience at Wilson! We’re so happy to hear that you’ve been enjoying the work from home schedule and have such a positive... More

"Not competitive with market"

Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter- Virtual in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter- Virtual in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WilsonHCG as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't have much contact with the office- and am managed directly from the client. No issues with getting paid correctly or on time.

Cons

Not competitive with other companies in this space- no vacation or bonus opportunity for contractors. No relationship with them.

Advice to Management

Need to be more competitive to retain top talent.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Virtual job, kudos points and ability to self manage.

Cons

Terrible managers that do not know how to coach or guide team. They avoid conflict, only care about their goals and are deceptive. Lack of career advancements, churn and burn.

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruitment Consultant

As a fellow recruiter, I empathize with how crazy and hectic recruiting can be – there are many moving parts for both management and the recruiter. To help alleviate stress and provide more than one... More

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro's are it's a virtual position

Cons

Management does not know how to coach, guide and mentor. My manager avoided any type of conflict and it was very apparent he didn't know how to deal with quite a few situations that popped up with this new account.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring Managers who don't know how to work with people. The individual leading my particular project has no idea how to lead, coach and mentor. He's causing a lot of fear and instability with his poor management style. Many are talking about leaving.

Feb 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for the taking the time out to provide information regarding your experience here at WilsonHCG! Feedback like yours enables us to look at issues and work towards solutions.

We... More