WilsonHCG Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Pros
  • Work from home, GREAT culture & people, and amazing support from upper management (in 19 reviews)

• Work/life balance: if you're a 9-5 employee, nothing wrong with that but this isn't going to be the place for you (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • It's acceptable to me because the overall work-life balance I have here is much better (in 10 reviews)

• Working from home is not for everyone (in 5 reviews)

"Insight into a growing global organization"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Meridian, ID

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined WilsonHCG during the summer of 2015 as a Recruitment Consultant; after 20 months I resigned to take my career in a different direction. It was all of a month before I called WHCG and asked to return to the organization. I was unsure how the conversations would play out and was nervous to make the call but the leadership team was very understanding and quickly made arrangements for my second round of employment. I wanted to rejoin for multiple reasons but mainly 1) Culture 2) Support 3) Resources internally and technology 4) Life-Work balance.

Culture - Employees have a voice; John and the leadership team listen to employees and make changes to our compensation plans, technology partners and processes. John cares a lot about the employees of WHCG and that genuine care is cascaded down so that employees cares about WHCG and the development-well being of their peers.

Support - I’ve had the opportunity to learn how many companies onboard employees, WHCG has a defined training plan for the overall company and account new hires are supporting; which condenses the ramp period - not a sink or swim mentality. Leadership is always looking at new/alternative ways for the delivery team to achieve their goals, some ideas get implemented and others don’t. Each team has their own site to house documents and client specific resources, don’t need to invent the wheel on a daily basis! Peer mentorship and relationships are important, I have been on both sides and always learn a great deal regardless of the role within the partnership.

Resources - WHCG focuses on delivering top level talent by utilizing some traditional sourcing but mainly by having a sourcing team that is on the forefront of new sourcing tools/techniques. After almost a decade in the industry and having completed advanced sourcing trainings in the past, I was blown away by the knowledge and ability of our sourcing team. All my peers have always been willing to answer my questions and lend a hand.

Life-Work balance - This is the first professional job that has allowed me to take PTO and I am not worried about how many fires I will need to put out upon my return. WHCG hires competent individuals and invests in them so you don’t have to work 24/7. In the course of almost 2 years, very infrequently does it require that I work long hours or weekends. If/when those instances come up, generally leadership rewards with early releases.

Being a virtual employee can be scary if you haven’t had that experience, very rarely do I feel remote and never isolated. Approximately 2 years in and each day I have support to accomplish my goals while having the freedom to set up my day, career growth, ability to increase compensation through performance and a team to develop from.

These are the reasons that I rejoined WilsonHCG.

Cons

Please see above section on WilsonHCG.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and hold the town hall meetings, it's great that you act upon our feedback.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, GREAT culture & people, and amazing support from upper management. This is just the start- love the incentives the company provides, aside from added bonuses, they provide so many growth incentives!

Very generous PTO- the company respects and provides an awesome work-life balance.

First time in a very long time I've actually been happy with my employer.

Cons

Working remotely can definitely have its pros and very little cons really. I'd have to say at times I do miss having physical human interaction from time to time. More company get-togethers would definitely help in this area.

I simply can't think of any other cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Apr 27, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we appreciate the insight it can give us to make us better! It is great to hear that you are valuing the culture here at WilsonHCG as ... More

"Micromanaged Agency Calling Themselves RPO"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is great, not to mention you can work anywhere as long as you have internet. Some of the clients are pretty well known so it's a great way to get insight into corporate recruiting and to pad your resume.

Cons

Too many to name. Constantly micromanaged to a level I've never seen before. Why do we need to have daily calls to go over where we stand on our positions? Keep losing resources and they rely on "sourcing techniques" that are insanely outdated. Compensation/bonus structure is an absolute joke. One month I hired four people making six figures. I hit my goals for that month and the payout was less than $500. Constantly received praise from my clients (C-Level/VP Types), but never once received praise from senior leadership. Crazy that the client sees your value, but the company writing your paychecks just views you as another number. If you want to receive a raise you need complete a "tracker" that relies on things like leading team calls, sending referrals, and hitting offer goals that are easy/hard depending on your client. I'm sorry but getting additional compensation shouldn't depend on me sending up people for referrals. The propaganda that this company promotes is crazy. When there are "Wilson" calls you'll notice ROMs are very positive and try to get everyone on board with changes/new initiatives. I've had ROMs tell me that they're told to promote this. Culture shouldn't be manufactured it should be organic.

Advice to Management

This place does have a few benefits so not all is doom or gloom. If you're looking for a solid career without much opportunity for compensation/growth, this is the place for you. Pay attention to what is listed on Glassdoor. You'll notice that everytime there's a negative review it gets followed up by four to five positive reviews. I wonder why? As far as advice to management. Take a look at yourselves. You've driven a lot of tremendous people away with how you operate.

5. "Satisfied Employee"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Working Remotely (From Home)
    - Employee Perks
    - Great Co-Workers

Cons

None cons at this time

Advice to Management

- Continue to be open to communication and ideas
    - Have internal opportunities posted/visible

Mar 31, 2017 – P&C and Contract Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience at Wilson! We’re so happy to hear that you’ve been enjoying the work from home schedule and have such a positive ... More

"Not competitive with market"

Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter- Virtual in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter- Virtual in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WilsonHCG as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't have much contact with the office- and am managed directly from the client. No issues with getting paid correctly or on time.

Cons

Not competitive with other companies in this space- no vacation or bonus opportunity for contractors. No relationship with them.

Advice to Management

Need to be more competitive to retain top talent.

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro's are it's a virtual position

Cons

Management does not know how to coach, guide and mentor. My manager avoided any type of conflict and it was very apparent he didn't know how to deal with quite a few situations that popped up with this new account.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring Managers who don't know how to work with people. The individual leading my particular project has no idea how to lead, coach and mentor. He's causing a lot of fear and instability with his poor management style. Many are talking about leaving.

Feb 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for the taking the time out to provide information regarding your experience here at WilsonHCG! Feedback like yours enables us to look at issues and work towards solutions. We ... More

"Highly Recommend"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been a Wilson employee for over two years and couldn't be happier, to me the pay is great and great bonus opportunities. The goals are set out by our managers are realistic. The biggest advice I can say is you get out what you put into it, somethings there are late nights but it always comes rewarded with a virtual happy hour or leaving early on a Friday.

Cons

One thing I think that WilsonHCG can do better is training for the employees, not much internal training. Also maybe coming up with different ways to keep the virtual employees engaged in the company a little more.

Advice to Management

I've had a great overall experience. There has been some growing pains over the past two years but that is expected in a company that is growing like Wilson. Couldn't be happier.

Nov 30, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We continue working internally to create new additional training content available to our delivery team. If you have any specific training ideas that you ... More

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at WilsonHCG. The management truly wants to see you succeed, and there is a clear path laid out for you that leads to anything that you want to achieve. WilsonHCG provides all of the tools necessary to advance your career, and gives you the opportunity to work with an amazing group of people. If you have a passion for recruiting, then this is is an amazing company to work for!

Cons

Do not listen to the other posts that say they were required to post something positive. I have worked for over a year in the Tampa HQ, and have never heard of anyone that was told to write a review.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep recognizing employees for all that they do!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management is great! They truly listen to you and have the best interest in you.The opportunities for advancement are clearly visible and expectations to get promoted are transparent.

Cons

Working from home is not for everyone. That being said the company provides so many methods of staying connected.

Advice to Management

Keep listing to your employees. You are doing all the right things.

Jul 12, 2016 – Public Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your response. We make listening to our employees a priority and will continue to improve our workplace with creative and innovative ideas, so keep providing us ... More

"Great company culture!"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WilsonHCG is a great place to work. The company culture is amazing, the employees managing to connect even though much of the team is virtual. This company works very hard to keep employees engaged and connected.

Cons

Being virtual, you don't get to meet co-workers in other regions face to face, but technology keeps us connected, and there are dinners offered by region where we can connect with folks who live near us.

Jul 12, 2016 – Public Relations Manager

We know that the best talent does not all live in Tampa, so providing a virtual workplace helps us recruit the best candidates from a very diverse talent pool no matter their location. However, we ... More