WilsonHCG Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, GREAT culture & people, and amazing support from upper management (in 25 reviews)

• Very generous PTO- the company respects and provides an awesome work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a challenge with how fast we all move in our roles (in 14 reviews)

• Working from home is not for everyone (in 6 reviews)

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management! Awesome people! growth opportunity!

Cons

Depending on the account you support goals can be unrealistic, but overall a great company!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review WilsonHCG and provide your insight into the company. We’re happy to hear you feel this is a great place to work as that is what we strive for here at... More

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a virtual employee gives me a lot of freedom. The CEO is extremely involved, is proud of his company, and appreciates his employees. Even being virtual, the company makes you feel included, not like your on an island.

Cons

What cons? (Glassdoor requires 5 words)

Advice to Management

Keep involving employees in decisions, keep being transparent, and growing!

Apr 13, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at WilsonHCG! We’re so glad to hear that you feel included and appreciated!

We will continue to strive for... More

"Good Company with Minimal Complaints"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Amazing people I get to work with everyday. The company does a good job of hiring for its corporate values. Leadership does a good job of providing insights into the business and I've seen opportunity for growth within the business. I've been with the WilsonHCG for a few years now and I've been able to develop my role internally with the company. As a recruiter I like that I can take the initiative to grow my compensation through various salary bands we have in place. Leadership open to innovation and growing the company.

Cons

Client demands can be challenging and outside of our control at times. There's been some challenges as the company continues to grow but I think we do a good job of evaluating the organization and strive to make positive changes once issues are identified.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're currently doing including pushing for employee feedback consistently. One thing I'd also make a note of is being a bit more transparent on the internal movement within the company sometimes communication can be delayed around changes within the org.

Feb 9, 2018 – Recruitment Partner

Hey, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Our company culture is so important to us that we have developed an interview process where we can assess our culture and cultural fit, while... More

"Just another staffing company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Arlington, TX

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work from home

Cons

The promote unqualified needy individuals
    Stability is lacking, lose contracts, unfinished contracts and they assign you to several accounts so you never really get to know your client group

Advice to Management

Promotions should be about both performance and personality. Most people were not afforded management role due to low interaction outside their team

Mar 22, 2018 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, as really appreciate everyone’s feedback. When we bring people into the business, we always do our best to manage their expectations about the way... More

"A company that doesn’t care about results"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Being able to work from home

Cons

Turn over central, unqualified people promoted into management roles, no regard for performance

Advice to Management

Results need to be focused on more than the path to get to the results. As a recruiter, I was pushed to have 10 interviews a day and more than 100+ outreach every week. I was always able to fill positions quickly, with qualified candidates because I listened to my hiring managers wants and needs. By taking an active role and truly partnering with them, it didn’t need hundreds of candidates. Instead of being celebrated as an effective recruiter and being asked to share with my team what I was doing to keep a low time to fill....I was constantly harassed and “coached” by a weaker recruiter who was freshly promoted to a management role who was only looking at my path to fill instead of results. Since I didn’t reach out to hundreds of candidates each week, I was let go. Never mind the most notoriously difficult manager on the account I was supporting loved me and made it known. Recruiters before me had quit because of having to deal with this HM.

When you reach out to the RIGHT candidates the first time, you don’t have to waste time and days upon days getting your outreach up just to satisfy some arbitrary number that was deemed the requirement to be sure they are “working”.

Quality over quantity will win the client every time. No hiring manager wants to honestly interview 30 people. If they want to see that many, they don’t believe in the partnership and the recruiter helping them.

Apr 24, 2018

Thank you for your time in writing this review as we appreciate all feedback given.

For our recruitment teams we strive to provide as much flexibility around processes for each recruiter to run... More

"DONT TRUST THEM!!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG (More than a year)

Pros

- Working from home
    - The other Recruiters on the Account were awesome to work with, great personalities and always willing to help
    - John Wilson (CEO) Really cares about this company being great and trying to take it to the next level, I personally think they need to get the wrong people off the bus and get the right people on the bus as well as assess people getting in the right opportunity/account

Cons

- No merit increases, you have to track and then submit to Leadership for increase
    - This is 10000% a Staffing Agency, they put a fancy word like RPO on it but ultimately it is high volume recruitment.
    - Expectations they want you to have 100-150 new outreach a week, I repeat, new outreach - this means finding new people to put in the ATS. They do not care about quality candidates
    - Some locations are much easier than others, but Leadership does not care, they put the same metrics on all reacruiters. 100- 150 outreach, 10 submits a week, hiring goals per month range between 6-15 a month.
    - Be ready to run a full desk, TAC helps where they can but be ready to do admin work as well
    - Leadership could be improved, didn't feel like a valued employee but rather just a number.

Advice to Management

I went to my Manager to discuss how I felt about the client I was supporting and that I would like to apply for a position that opened internally that would align with my career aspirations and passions in Recruiting. I had been struggling on the account for awhile hitting metric goals but I was doing well hitting my offer goals or exceeding them. I thought my conversation with my Manager went well just to come back from the weekend being told I was being let go.

How in the heck do you tell your employees to come to them and discuss anything openly and freely and when that does happen you terminate them after the weekend.

I wish them nothing but the best, I got to build some great relationships with other employees at the company. Completely shocked how this all went down.

Feb 9, 2018 – Recruitment Partner

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experiences. I’m very sorry to hear that your experience hasn’t been positive.

As a business, we do our best to ensure... More

"A Company and Culture I Really Appreciate"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm still in my first year with WilsonHCG, but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive. The company is growing fast, and nearly half of the workforce is remote. With offices in Tampa, Toronto, London, Manchester and Krakow (Poland), and half of the workforce remote all over the world, it would be easy for people to feel disengaged or disregarded. As a remote employee myself, I can honestly say this hasn't once been the case. From my first few weeks on, leadership, HR (People & Culture), my team and others have been available, present and timely.

There are weekly "huddle up" meetings specifically held to shoutout the great work of various colleagues, countless committees created and led by employees at all levels, engaging training programs available from the day I stepped foot into the company and, beyond all of that, the organization is filled with just all-around good people.

From the top down, John Wilson as CEO to brand-new interns thousands of miles away, it feels like everyone is working towards the same goal. Leadership truly believes in empowering and building up the workforce -- completely devoid of fear people might leave if they develop too much. They seem to understand people may leave, but they're creating a workplace culture people want to be part of and it really has translated to higher tenure, not to mention some of the most brilliant people I have ever worked with.

As with any company this spread out and growing fast, things can feel chaotic at times, but in a good way because we're all working towards the same goals and on the same team. Unlike other companies I've been a part of, there is an incredibly small amount of drama or politicking going on. Everyone is so professional, trusting and confident not only in themselves but their colleagues.

The company is dedicated to giving back, plain and simple. With the recent natural disasters impacting the US, the company set up a way for employees to donate "kudos" points they've earned over the years for strong work/from colleagues to hurricane relief in the way of food, supplies and money. The amounts given by the people here, not just for hurricane relief but a cancer center following a beloved colleague passing away, has been awe-inspiring. People care about one another at WilsonHCG. We're made to feel more than just desks and name tags, something that is entirely new to me as a professional who's been in the workforce for a decade.

It's fun to come to work. Workloads can be intense, and exhausting. But there's always something to look forward to -- virtual book clubs, virtual flash mobs, in-office and virtual competitions, contests, health and wellness programs, incentivized referral opportunities, anonymous surveys built to improve various aspects of the company, webinars and various on-demand trainings.

The workforce is diverse! Women are empowered, all kinds of ethnicities are empowered, all ages are empowered. There is opportunity for all walks of life and backgrounds, and it has never felt obligatory or forced. It's genuine, and it's been so encouraging to witness.

No company is perfect, no matter how hard they try. WilsonHCG included. But the efforts should definitely be appreciated. They certainly are by me. I've been interested in how companies handle Glassdoor for a number of years. You can often tell when leadership forces lower-level employees to write generic reviews with robotic headlines. WilsonHCG doesn't do that. Beyond that, they respond candidly to both positive and negative reviews. Knowing people who work within People & Culture, I also know they take constructive criticism to heart, report it up the ladder and strive to improve.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge with how fast we all move in our roles. Beyond that, communication can be challenging with how remote the company is -- that said, we have all of the tools we need to communicate and remain engaged, so in large part this is on me as much as it is on others throughout the company. The health insurance benefits could be a bit more robust.

Advice to Management

As the company grows and expands outward, keep doing what you're doing. Keep giving your people a platform and empowering them to speak, grow, learn and lead. Keep listening. You've developed a unique culture, a place people want to be part of! Please don't ever let that slip away!

Oct 4, 2017 – Talent Attraction Specialist

Hi! Thank you for your response. We’re pleased to hear you’re enjoying your time with WilsonHCG and have had such a positive experience. As a company, we strive to focus on our biggest asset (our... More

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean office space and fun events for staff.

Cons

Required to work in office due to my proximity to the area, however due to traffic spent 2+ hours per day in traffic with no flexibility to work from home even though a majority of the company worked remotely. Over promised and under delivered to clients, encouraged us to push people through the process even though they were not a good fit for the position just because we needed to give them employees. It was against my principles to focus on quantity over quality, and I knew this was not a good fit for me long term.

Dec 19, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. As WilsonHCG continues to grow, we want to ensure our employees have the opportunity to... More

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance RPO. I really love working here. Great people, great culture. The company invests in its people.

Cons

Really none. I have not had any issues with this company. I love the culture here and everyone is so positive and encourage team work.

Advice to Management

None, they are doing great work. They have an open-door policy, which is very encouraging.

Sep 21, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with WilsonHCG, and that you feel positive about the way we treat our employees. Throughout the market, we... More

10. "Recruitment Consultant- 3+ years"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic work life balance, bonus plan, and personal growth planning. Training is very insightful and regimented. Management is down to earth, intelligent, and helpful all have been recruiters either at WilsonHCG or for a different company. Client logos are stellar and the business model works very well.

Cons

Though work from home is great it does take some time getting used to. Hiring managers can be difficult, this is not a job for someone you struggles multi-tasking and putting out fires.

Dec 19, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience here at WilsonHCG! We’re happy to hear you are content and have such a positive view of the company.
    I... More