WilsonHCG Reviews | Glassdoor

WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is "0" & I mean "0" work/life balance so don't believe it when they preach it (in 11 reviews)

• Working from home is not for everyone (in 5 reviews)

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance RPO. I really love working here. Great people, great culture. The company invests in its people.

Cons

Really none. I have not had any issues with this company. I love the culture here and everyone is so positive and encourage team work.

Advice to Management

None, they are doing great work. They have an open-door policy, which is very encouraging.

Sep 21, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with WilsonHCG, and that you feel positive about the way we treat our employees. Throughout the market, we... More

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean office space and fun events for staff.

Cons

Required to work in office due to my proximity to the area, however due to traffic spent 2+ hours per day in traffic with no flexibility to work from home even though a majority of the company worked remotely. Over promised and under delivered to clients, encouraged us to push people through the process even though they were not a good fit for the position just because we needed to give them employees. It was against my principles to focus on quantity over quality, and I knew this was not a good fit for me long term.

"Professional development opportunity"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

The company culture provides a lot of professional development opportunities. If there is a particular aspect of the business that interests you, you only have to ask to start stretching on projects and growing into a full-time role.

Cons

The benefits aren't the best.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and providing better benefits and incentives.

Aug 3, 2017 – Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. WilsonHCG takes great pride in offering its employees the chance to grow and learn through professional... More

"Great Company with Great People!"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

The people are great! Everyone seems very team-oriented and the structure is strong. I love how we have global meetings that bring everyone together and keep everyone involved in what is going on in the company. There is also a great recognition program in place to really highlight employees who have been working extra hard. Also being able to work remotely is a HUGE plus and it is awesome to work with people from all across the globe.

Cons

The pay could be a little more, whether that be a bump in the base salary or a change in the bonus structure. There are a lot of people in the company who put in a ton of work and hours, really stretch themselves thin, and they should be compensated for doing so. Some accounts it is hard to put in the extras (stretch projects, committees, etc.) because you have to dedicate 100% of your time to your account just to barely hit your goal.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Everyone is too busy all the time, especially management. It really hinders communication within the company and deters people from being involved in company initiatives.

Aug 31, 2017 – Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for your review! We do our best to recognize our employees, including those who go above and beyond their roles. A great recognition program is very important to us and we give our... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

a good work life balance

Cons

no linear trajectory, bad management

Jul 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear you’ve experienced positive work-life balance while with WilsonHCG, as the personal well-being of our employees is very... More

"4+ years and its' been a great ride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally over the past four years working for WilsonHCG.

It's been incredible to be a part of the rocketship that is this company - it's what attracted me in the first place, seeing the signs of the growth to come; and it's what keeps me excited day after day working here. It's really exciting seeing the new, huge brand name logos that are signed on as new clients, and its' been great being here while we have acquired 3 companies to expand our solution offerings and global reach.

I always describe working for WilsonHCG to friends, etc. as a market leader in recruitment that basically operates as a startup with an "all hands on deck" mentality - everyone is given the opportunity to operate way outside of the typical job description and take on responsibilities/projects to further their professional growth. Every effort is taken to ensure voices are heard and change is often quick and for the better.

My work/life balance has been excellent - and I am able to work both virtually and in office. Crazy weeks with too much to do are often offset by standard weeks and my manager takes every effort to throw in extra perks and flexible hours to offset the occasional tough weeks.

Cons

I can see how some might feel that there might be too much work on their plate - especially if you're used to a role with a very defined job description and no deviance from that. I think this is a plus, however, in that the opportunity is there to make a mark and move up (or laterally to different business units outside of recruitment delivery).

It can be hard to break away from work; especially at the pace the whole company is moving.

Compensation is OK, but it could be better. This is more than made up for (in my mind) with flexible work hours, great PTO packages, incentive trips, bonuses, and tons of other intangibles that people on here seem to ignore. The Kudos system, for instance, is AWESOME - although it takes some patience to let those points (given to you by others in the company that have real cash value) build up for larger purchases - took me too long to start saving those and buying myself something nice every few months rather than cashing out points at $25 or $50 for a nice dinner or gas etc. I've been able to purchase some great things, like an iPad and GMAT textbooks.

Advice to Management

Be more communicative - I have absolutely noticed an effort to improve this over the past year; but it can always get better and more frequent. Love the roadshows with the executives.

I can sense that there is a focus on laying the foundation for future growth - we've grown a ton in the past 4 years and it's nice to see us 'step off the gas pedal' for a second and lay a better foundation so that as we continue to grow and expand; it's easier!

"100% Agency & Not a real RPO-Think Twice Before Signing!"

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

The Pros are the employees that stay, they are amazing & dedicated until they burn out & leave. Most of the real good people especially Upper Management have left so that alone is worth a thousand words. Great first job for those looking to become a recruiter & get their feet wet agency style but be ready to run a full desk with no support. Real RPOs have support behind their recruiters (sourcers, admins, etc.) Training is good & they definitely pull you in & get you hooked from the get go. Virtual is also a plus.

Cons

Smoke & Mirrors all the way. They don't care about the amazing employees that they have & as long as you hit your numbers you are a star (agency all about the numbers) but if you slip they will start building a case against you & make your work life miserable. There is "0" & I mean "0" work/life balance so don't believe it when they preach it. On top of your work load you have to do "extra" work in order to move into a different salary range which they make it almost impossible to even achieve. One Manager on the team didn't even have a chance to sleep one week because she couldn't handle the load & then was told she was a "disappointment". If you have a family emergency good luck they will hold that against you even death doesn't matter. They have no idea what a real RPO is whatsoever & won't ever be one. It is all about the bottom line & how much money they can bring in. They "over promise" to their clients & lie which is common. They ask their employees to all write "positive reviews" so that they can look good. They have great contests for employees to make the company better but don't listen so it is just to make the employees feel as if they are being "heard" & that change will happen which it never does sadly.

Advice to Management

I think when they started this company they had "good intensions" but as they grew & the money started to come in greed took totally over & the game changed. Really look & see the good people you have & most of all listen to what they have to say to make things better. They really know what they are doing & what they need to be doing it successfully. When your employees are heading out the door in numbers doesn't that make you stop & wonder "why" & want to change things for the better? I still have hope that maybe one day you will grow up to play with the big boys & your employees will be proud to say they work for you & write actual reviews that are positive because they are. Best of luck.

Aug 17, 2017 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for your recent review of WilsonHCG based on your time here. There has certainly been a lot of change within our organisation, and some people have unfortunately left as a result. For us... More

8. "Sourcing Assistant"

I worked at WilsonHCG part-time

Pros

People were friendly and interactive
    A lot of training available

Cons

Strict weekly goals
    Not much room for growth
    Can feel bored or overworked

"Excellent Company Cuture"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is hands-on, Training, Work life balance, benefits

Cons

Can feel out of the loop as a virtual employee, even with all of the inclusivity offered.

Aug 31, 2017 – Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for your feedback! We’re pleased to know that you have thus far enjoyed your time with WilsonHCG. We strive to make sure we are taking care of our biggest asset to our company – our... More

"WilsonHCG"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Collaboration
    Team environment
    work life Balance is excellent

Cons

sometimes working virtually is difficult