WilsonHCG Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home, GREAT culture & people, and amazing support from upper management" (in 25 reviews)

• "Very generous PTO- the company respects and provides an awesome work-life balance" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is "0" & I mean "0" work/life balance so don't believe it when they preach it" (in 13 reviews)

• "Working from home is not for everyone" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, Fun atmosphere where you can make your own career come to fruition.

Cons

Performance Driven Culture - must be willing to be held accountable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Overhaul needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

A lot of what's in existing reviews is truthful and it's frustrating to read HR's response continue to be "come to me directly." No one is going to do that because there is no trust in how you handle our feedback. I'll come back to this point.

Some pros:
    -A bunch of really amazing people work here (at the recruiter level). I've made some awesome friendships and overall it's nice knowing that everyone feels the same way about the direction Wilson is headed.
    -This has already been said but I agree about having a top notch executive team. In HR's responses to these reviews they keep insisting that there is no issue at the top level and what they are missing is no one is talking about the executive team, but instead the group who reports to them.

Cons

-As I said above, there is nothing you can say or do that is actually kept confidential. There is a reason you only have 50% participation on your monthly surveys. All it means when you say that "emails are removed before results are presented" is that you can still at any time you like identify exactly who completed a survey before you wish to remove their email. Good luck with that.
    - No perks, crappy benefits, and basically they expect that you are happy making what you make and don't you dare ask otherwise.
    - I worked on an account for 6 months and had no idea who this "director" was. It was very obviously the manager of the account was overwhelmed and had no support. Then they go on calls, read out our names and give a story about our success as if they actually know what we are doing.
    - So many secrets. Want to know how to move up? Secret. Want to know how much your raise is when you finish a pillar? secret. Want to know where the old VP team is that magically disappeared? Secret.

Advice to Management

You have some work to do.

"Could Be Exceptional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WilsonHCG is stocked with many passionate, wonderful, brilliant people. People who want to work hard together to achieve the company's mission and vision while living out its values. The best people make WilsonHCG. If you work with the right people, they will invest in you as much as you invest in them. The people can make your job exceptional.

Global company, so there is a lot of opportunity to gain experience.

Cons

Mostly, I am bummed out. WilsonHCG claims to be a number of things - filled with integrity, honest, transparent, growing in a way that doesn't outpace the growth of its people, unlike every other fast-moving staffing firm. It strives to be, it could be. It wants to be, I think. But unfortunately there are a number of people from the top down who refuse to let it.

WilsonHCG isn't a company of integrity, and that makes it scary and exhausting to go to work each morning. "Open door" is encouraged, but you never know how your honest concerns or feedback will be received.

Fear is an important part of WilsonHCG's success. WilsonHCG works hard to celebrate positive accomplishments, but they do so in a way that makes sure you never feel too high, that you feel accomplished but still worry you might not be doing enough.

Advice to Management

Please, I beg you. Take stock of your people. Listen to them. Trust them. Respect them as more than just role titles. You have the opportunity to outpace all of your competitors, and you will if you keep the focus on your people - as individuals, as more than cogs in a machine, with empathy. This isn't a review to push people away from WilsonHCG - it's posted with hope you will act on what you say you are, that you will do what's right even when it's not the easiest route, and that you will listen to the people who are having a hard time with their management, team or executive leadership. They might provide insight you haven't previously considered.

Jul 16, 2018 – Director of Employee Engagement & Relations

Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to give your transparent thoughts and feelings. It is evident that you care about the culture and success of... More

4. "Amazing Company!"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked for

Cons

There are challenges within any organization but WilsonHCG faces them head on and is always striving to improve.

Jun 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review WilsonHCG and share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you find WilsonHCG to be a great place to work!

We are always looking for people who share our... More

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management! Awesome people! growth opportunity!

Cons

Depending on the account you support goals can be unrealistic, but overall a great company!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review WilsonHCG and provide your insight into the company. We’re happy to hear you feel this is a great place to work as that is what we strive for here at... More

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training/internship program, lower management really tries to help but constantly battles upper management

Cons

Unwilling to work with you, low advancement potential, will terminate if you express concerns, management will bully you into overloading your plate and then fire you when you say your workload is too much, not nearly as transparent as they advertise to employees

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, don’t overpromise, actually be transparent rather than feigning it, definitely don’t call an employee that you’re firing a “ticking time bomb” because he/she expresses concerns about workload and their clinically diagnosed anxiety :)

Jun 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear about the communication and phrasing used during your exit with WilsonHCG as we do not condone those actions, and we will... More

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a virtual employee gives me a lot of freedom. The CEO is extremely involved, is proud of his company, and appreciates his employees. Even being virtual, the company makes you feel included, not like your on an island.

Cons

What cons? (Glassdoor requires 5 words)

Advice to Management

Keep involving employees in decisions, keep being transparent, and growing!

Apr 13, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at WilsonHCG! We’re so glad to hear that you feel included and appreciated!

We will continue to strive for... More

"Good Company with Minimal Complaints"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Amazing people I get to work with everyday. The company does a good job of hiring for its corporate values. Leadership does a good job of providing insights into the business and I've seen opportunity for growth within the business. I've been with the WilsonHCG for a few years now and I've been able to develop my role internally with the company. As a recruiter I like that I can take the initiative to grow my compensation through various salary bands we have in place. Leadership open to innovation and growing the company.

Cons

Client demands can be challenging and outside of our control at times. There's been some challenges as the company continues to grow but I think we do a good job of evaluating the organization and strive to make positive changes once issues are identified.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're currently doing including pushing for employee feedback consistently. One thing I'd also make a note of is being a bit more transparent on the internal movement within the company sometimes communication can be delayed around changes within the org.

Feb 9, 2018 – Recruitment Partner

Hey, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Our company culture is so important to us that we have developed an interview process where we can assess our culture and cultural fit, while... More

"Just another staffing company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Arlington, TX

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work from home

Cons

The promote unqualified needy individuals
    Stability is lacking, lose contracts, unfinished contracts and they assign you to several accounts so you never really get to know your client group

Advice to Management

Promotions should be about both performance and personality. Most people were not afforded management role due to low interaction outside their team

Mar 22, 2018 – Recruitment Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, as really appreciate everyone’s feedback. When we bring people into the business, we always do our best to manage their expectations about the way... More

"A company that doesn’t care about results"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Being able to work from home

Cons

Turn over central, unqualified people promoted into management roles, no regard for performance

Advice to Management

Results need to be focused on more than the path to get to the results. As a recruiter, I was pushed to have 10 interviews a day and more than 100+ outreach every week. I was always able to fill positions quickly, with qualified candidates because I listened to my hiring managers wants and needs. By taking an active role and truly partnering with them, it didn’t need hundreds of candidates. Instead of being celebrated as an effective recruiter and being asked to share with my team what I was doing to keep a low time to fill....I was constantly harassed and “coached” by a weaker recruiter who was freshly promoted to a management role who was only looking at my path to fill instead of results. Since I didn’t reach out to hundreds of candidates each week, I was let go. Never mind the most notoriously difficult manager on the account I was supporting loved me and made it known. Recruiters before me had quit because of having to deal with this HM.

When you reach out to the RIGHT candidates the first time, you don’t have to waste time and days upon days getting your outreach up just to satisfy some arbitrary number that was deemed the requirement to be sure they are “working”.

Quality over quantity will win the client every time. No hiring manager wants to honestly interview 30 people. If they want to see that many, they don’t believe in the partnership and the recruiter helping them.

Apr 24, 2018

Thank you for your time in writing this review as we appreciate all feedback given.

For our recruitment teams we strive to provide as much flexibility around processes for each recruiter to run... More