KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 499 of over 532 reviews

4.4
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson
Pros
  • "unlimited work from home, cool CEO(in 50 reviews)

• "Open to remote work with a flexible work/life balance(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor work life balance and organization was not staffed enough for how quickly they were growing(in 19 reviews)

• "Feeling less engaged as a remote employee; working from home can result in lack of home/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WilsonHCG and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Amazing work life balance

Dec 3, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love that I can work from anywhere and on my own time. As long as I get my work done, and keep open communication with the team I can make my own schedule. We have unlimited PTO. We have 13 paid holidays. The team occasionally gets rotating Fridays off, There is so much support and available training to ensure success. The CEO is consistently talking to us and hosting Q&A sessions.

Cons

sometimes I miss working in an actual office...SIKE!

2. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 30, 2021 - Data Entry Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

John Wilson is a great person and he really shows that he cares about his employees. Where else can you get unlimited PTO, summer Fridays, 2 days off in Dec. I've never worked for an organization, where I felt so appreciated. Wilson HCG is the best organization to work for if you're looking for a work-life balance.

Cons

There are no downsides, it is a great place to work.

3. 5.0

Great Company, Fantastic Leadership

Nov 11, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great ratio of women leaders/executives, fantastic company culture, great benefits and loyal partners. If you want to work somewhere where you'll be appreciated, valued and given a prescription for success (including metrics to meet), then you could be very happy here.

Cons

Really, I don't see a lot of cons at this company and I've worked for companies where the list of cons was as least as weighty as the pros right from the beginning.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Get the experience and get out

Dec 2, 2021 - Recruiting Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work decent benefits good place to dip your toes into RPO

Cons

work life balance no variety/room for advancement- if you are good they will keep you on the same account as long as they can and never promote you because they can't afford to lose you

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

What have you done for me lately?

Oct 25, 2021 - Recruitment Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work on a remote basis. Work life balance is good, but the work will be there when you return.

Cons

Base salary and bonus structure are much lower than industry average. A recent Summer Friday program was rolled out to keep employees morale high, giving them every other Friday off. However not addressing underpaid employees with higher compensation, turnover is at an alarming rate. This has saw the departure of great employees who’s true value is saw elsewhere. Tools provided are not useful (no longer giving employees LinkedIn Recruiter) Very large workload and high KPIs. Legal action threatened and often pursued to individuals who resign if they go to another RPO. Withholding compensation even when all metrics/requirements have been met. If there is a loophole it will be utilized.

6 people found this review helpful

People and Culture team

This year has been like no other - hiring has been a priority for almost all businesses in all industries, so we acknowledge that workloads have been heavier than usual while we look to grow our own business. In regard to your comment about the tools provided, we regularly assess the tools on the market to ascertain which are the most impactful, and we've made significant investment in tools that are more effective. We do not withhold any earned compensation and pay employees for all their hours worked. But, like all companies, we have well-documented rules in place regarding payout of variable compensation (all listed clearly in the bonus documentation) to active employees. This protocol allows us to do exactly as you've described: reward our hard-working and loyal people for their outstanding work through generous bonus programs. We spend a lot of time, money and effort in hiring, developing, rewarding and retaining our people, so naturally, we need to protect our legitimate business interests when employees leave to join direct competitors. However, we are not overzealous or unfair in this process, which is an industry standard. It sounds like you may have some very specific concerns related to the end of your employment; if that is the case, please reach out to People.Culture@wilsonhcg.com to discuss and resolve. Thank you.

6. 5.0

Excellent, Thoughtful & Intelligent Culture

Nov 8, 2021 - Talent Administrator & Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional & well-planned New-Hire & Onboarding process. Visible P&C department & transparent approach to business organization & internal resources

Cons

Apparently the US HQ in Tampa, FL is gorgeous with 360° views, but I may never enjoy the views being that I work remotely. Not a bad ‘con’ to provide, really.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture but has vast pay inequity amongst recruiters as of late

Oct 1, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and the CEO really does care. They do their best to keep the team engaged.

Cons

Unfortunately, many Recruiters who have been there for 3 plus years are leaving for much higher compensation. In order to keep up with the mass exodus of recruiters, they are currently offering much higher starting salaries. They are however not offering a pay increase to the loyal recruiters who have been there a while. They will offer you a pay increase once you put in your notice. I did not feel appreciated anymore when they decided to hire a direct report for my team who made more than me. Let me repeat that: "They hired a direct report to report into me that made more than me". This person had less relevant experience than myself also. They do not practice pay equity.

4 people found this review helpful

People and Culture team

We appreciate your comments regarding company culture and our CEO. We strive to provide a comprehensive total rewards program that includes a competitive salary, bonuses, comprehensive benefits, unlimited PTO and much more. The market is changing so fast at the moment, we're constantly evolving our compensation models internally. We also have a merit program that's designed to review salary at least annually - and that's in addition to any promotion opportunities that occur throughout the year.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good for all level

Nov 18, 2021 - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning, training, good culture, PTO, Benefits, and much more

Cons

Nothing too specific about cons

9. 3.0

Starting to look elsewhere

Oct 28, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO flexibility Culture is good

Cons

Base salary is low compared to almost every other company in the market right now. My team has had so much turnover because recruiters are getting better offers elsewhere. Health insurance premiums are the highest here out of any company I've ever worked for

4 people found this review helpful

People and Culture team

Thank you for your transparency. We review our compensation and total rewards packages regularly. We're doing everything we can to keep pace with the dynamic market.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company with great benefits, room for growth, and a leadership team that truly cares about you.

Cons

The industry is really busy right now, so there are a lot of client needs and demands which can lead to longer hours.

People and Culture team

Thank you for your review. You're so right, the industry is super busy right now. It doesn't matter if you're in RPO or staffing, all recruiters are busy regardless of where they work. The demand for talent is real.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 499 Reviews