WilsonHCG Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility - I work from home which gives me lots of flexibility and a good work-life balance" (in 31 reviews)

• "Very generous PTO- the company respects and provides an awesome work-life balance" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is "0" & I mean "0" work/life balance so don't believe it when they preach it" (in 15 reviews)

• "Working from home is not for everyone" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sky's the limit!"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

• The calibre of the team - we are a truly diverse organisation and it's been a great experience getting to interact with and learn from so many colleagues around the world
    • Top quality clients - I've had the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing and most innovative organizations in the world across lots of different industries - from high growth startups to F500 household names. To see that we're making a tangible impact and contributing to their growth is really rewarding, even if it does sound like a cliche
    • Growth - we've been experiencing steady growth since I joined and that's progressively stepped up a gear! Considering the scale of our growth, leadership are doing a good job navigating us through change and preserving our culture. That growth has provided lots of opportunity for me and many others - you really can shape your own career path here! That being said, nothing is handed to you, you have to be prepared to work hard
    • Flexibility - I work from home which gives me lots of flexibility and a good work-life balance. I still feel as supported by my team and manager as if I were physically in an office-space alongside them and WilsonHCG does a great job making you feel connected and a part of the wider community

Cons

Nothing immediately springs to mind!

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and transparency - it's appreciated! The only other piece of advice I can think of is around continuing to prepare and support people in or moving into leadership roles (particularly at mid-management level). Be mindful that top-performers don't always make the best managers. I know that this is already a focus but they say people don't leave organizations, they leave managers so I think it's an important call out. Personally, I've had some good leaders, some outstanding leaders and some not-so-great leaders during my time at WilsonHCG. The not-so-great ones were still highly talented and great individual contributors but weren't necessarily suited to a people leadership role.

Sep 24, 2018 – People & Culture Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review WilsonHCG and provide feedback!

We are really happy to hear you enjoy interacting with colleagues across the world! We are very proud of our DNA and the... More

2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing CEO, great work-life balance, cares about CSR, involved leadership, great pay

Cons

Each account is slightly different

Feb 20, 2019 – Public Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your transparent feedback! We are so glad that you have had a great experience so far with WilsonHCG.

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with ability to work from home. Very casual environment-- you can wear the same yoga pants every day of the week and no one will know! But seriously, the ability to work from home has changed my life and has been amazing. I'm able to be so much more productive and am so much happier than when I had to report to an office. It's so much easier to focus.

Recognition is also great here! We have so many ways we are recognized for doing a good job. We get bonuses, earn prizes, certificates, shout outs on company calls, etc.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find a good work/life balance, especially if you are assigned to a high demands account. In order to keep up with expectations, putting in at least one night or weekend morning a week is pretty much a need. This can be hard to do with a family at home.

Advice to Management

A better career ladder and better guidance on how to advance in the company would be nice.

4. "They make remote work happen – and I love it"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was worried about joining a company in a 100% remote position (I've had bad experiences working remotely in the past) but I have really been impressed at how the company makes remote work feel like a giant virtual office. All our meetings are done with video (I heard someone once say, "We're remote, but we're still face-to-face) which means I have had the chance to get to know everyone I work with beyond an email address. And the people I work with range from the all over the US to European countries such as Poland and England so our "office" transcends location.
    There is a lot of communication and HR is constantly asking for feedback to make sure everyone is heard. I really like the monthly pulse surveys.
    I like the work. The human capital industry isn't the sexiest of work, but we get to work with amazing people all day long so I love it.

Cons

The company is currently going through a period of self evaluation which has led to some growing pains. However, I have worked with previous companies who did not do these types of self evaluations and ended up with much bigger issues down the road. For example, WilsonHCG is currently evaluating its technology and tech transitions can be a huge pain but if they didn't do this now, we would be really struggling in the future. (I know from previous experiences.)
    I wish we could get together in person. There are a lot of benefits to being remote, but I really wish we had more opportunities to be together in person. I sometimes get jealous of people who are next to an office and can go in regularly.

Advice to Management

Not all remote employees join the virtual huddle meetings and I think that's a missed opportunity for them, but also me. I'm not sure how to increase attendance to those calls, but that would definitely benefit remote engagement and culture.

"Incredible place to work!"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Excellent leadership
    Unlimited Support and Training
    Career Growth and Advancement
    Healthy work/life balance
    Great benefits

Cons

There isn't anything that I have found negative.

Jan 30, 2019 – People & Culture Specialist

Thank you for your review of WHCG!

We strive to be a place people can enjoy coming to work every day and it’s wonderful to hear your experience has been positive.

It’s also great to hear you... More

"Great company, great people, not the best pay"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work culture. John Wilson, the CEO, is a great guy. People in the company like Dave Mahr and Justin Derie have truly helped keep great talent. Good recruitment experiences.

Cons

Comp is quite low, growth is something that takes months to achieve. Even when you qualify for a comp rise, it takes quite some time for this to come to fruition (multiple people need to approve)

Advice to Management

Please pay your current employees. Its extremely discouraging to hear about new hires coming in making more than current talent.

Jan 29, 2019 – Director of Employee Engagement & Relations

Thank you so much for your positive review and kind words regarding our P&C department and our culture! WilsonHCG’s commitment to our corporate values makes us distinctive and we are very happy to... More

7. "Better 3rd party recruiter firm"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are hitting your goals management leaves you alone, you don't get pushed into leadership and can make it an 8-5 with an hour lunch each day.

Cons

Benefits costs are higher with the limited number of US employees

Jan 22, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy work-life balance at WilsonHCG and that you perceive the goals set for Recruitment Consultants as... More

8. "Recruiter"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote work opportunity!
    Great support and collaboration
    Drive to excel and be an industry leader

Cons

Ramp up period is intense!

Dec 3, 2018 – People & Culture Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

It’s great to hear that you appreciate our environment of mutual support, collaboration, respect, and trust. We will continue to invest in the... More

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Taylors, SC
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Taylors, SC

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, great training program, great support system, amazing culture, and wonderful management.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 9, 2018 – Director of Employee Engagement & Relations

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that your experience with WilsonHCG has been so positive!

Work-life balance is incredibly important and we are happy to hear that you... More

10. "Continuous growth"

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

If you show up, get your work done, and have a good time while doing it you will do well at WilsonHCG.

- Since I started 6mo+ ago WilsonHCG continues to grow every week it seems
    - Multiple career paths for advancement
    - Constantly seeing internal promotions of well-qualified people
    - Good ideas are heard no matter where they come from in the business
    - Volunteer time off
    - Monthly all in update calls with the entire company
    - Multiple stretch opportunities outside of your normal job role
    - A lot of cross-collaboration
    - Weekly office huddle ups for peer to peer recognition

Cons

- Normal growing pains in a fast-paced environment
    - Low performers will be left behind
    - Too many communication channels, but they are working on consolidating

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employee feedback. The P&C team is awesome in communicating with the internal employees.

Nov 13, 2018 – Public Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at WilsonHCG. It’s always great to hear such positive things from someone who obviously enjoys their time at work!
    As a company, we aim to... More