WilsonHCG Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 27, 2020

3.9
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson
Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance and organization was not staffed enough for how quickly they were growing(in 18 reviews)

• "Feeling less engaged as a remote employee; working from home can result in lack of home/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best Job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Recruiting Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. No micromanagement, free to work and expand. You are valued and trusted

Cons

Someday, I'll have to retire.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Encourages creativity. Wonderful culture, opportunity for you to expand experience with different industries. Allows you to have great work life balance.

Cons

Pay is not the best, but it could be worse

3. "Remote work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Options to work remote, good company culture and work/life balance, CEO is very open with communication to employees, there is opportunity for monthly, quarterly and annual bonuses.

Cons

Quality of management is not consistent across different accounts, resulting in the lack of guidance, structure and opportunities for success. Base salary is not very competitive.

People and Culture team

We appreciate your review and we're happy to see you rate our culture highly, as it's very important to us. We have recently established an invigorated program that's designed to give our employees the opportunity to better own their careers and advance within the company.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Great culture, amazing perspective on work/life balance

Cons

remote- can be difficult to make work relationships

People and Culture team

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our culture so, it’s good to know you think it’s great!

5. COVID-19

"Unrealistic expectations, quantity over quality"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

-Working from home -Good pay for the city I am in

Cons

Upper management is dishonest and is hard to read through. Your manager and team leads will act like they have your back and will praise you through your team wide group chats but this can be very misleading. It will seem like they want you there at first but won't follow up with you on your performance until its too late and you'll just be let go. I just felt like I couldn't trust them and that I couldn't be transparent with how I was doing. They expect you to preform and deliver numbers before you're even fully trained which was about a week of training for me. By week two I had to know the ATS like the back of my hand and have done an outreach of 125-150 people before I fully understood the candidate profile or clients needs. You will also be asked to participate in "anonymous" surveys through out the month. Not optional, they will know if you didn't submit it. Very numbers driven- they won't give you an extra week to redeem yourself even if you have done things that prove your loyalty to the company I was also really surprised to see well seasoned, senior recruiters that had been with the company for 4+ years being laid off during Covid. They kept people that were there for a few months but laid off their long standing employees. That spoke volumes to me. Metrics are unrealistic- they don't care about your quality candidates even if the client is extremely happy with your placements. If you are not hitting your target of submittals you're out, despite submitting good people. Management will say that you don't have effective time management but with everything they make you do, especially if you are full desk, you have poor work life balance, working into nights and weekends and God forbid you mark that as overtime because they expect you to finish everything in your work week otherwise, you have "poor time management"

6. "Love my Job"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working remotely, great pay and benefits. Great work life balance.

Cons

Very numbers driven. You are not given a chance to complete training before you are expected to perform and produce.

Public Relations Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy working at WilsonHCG. We've added a lot of training content and will continue to invest in training for our people and for our leaders. Our new hire training program is designed to give everyone the tools they need to be successful in their career.

7. "Amazing"

Current Intern - Corporate Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Management, Work/Life Balance, Job security, growth potential, training.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Compliance Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think the reason I have been at WilsonHCG mostly boils down to the fact that the management truly cares about the future not only of the company but for their employees. For me, I have found leadership to be so enhancing to my career which is something I have never had before. I am now in a new opportunity that I would have never found if I didn't have mentorship and guidance from various managers. On this token, I have never worked somewhere where the CEO knows your name and takes his time to come out of his office and communicate with the office. John is so open to any feedback and wants the company to grow and be the best it can be, this is so apparent in the way he leads. I love the culture of the office, although we have a large number of virtual employees, you can tell when it comes to hiring, we have really focused on great people and everything else can be trained. I genuinely enjoy coming into the office and seeing everyone. As far as other pros - I would say work/life balance is there if you work hard and get your job done. Amazing office, great culture, fun job. A lot of communication and collaboration across all regions. I cannot wait to see the future and where WilsonHCG goes! I am so privileged to be apart of it.

Cons

I think the biggest con is just since we have so many virtual employees, a lot of times you don't get to know people and/or what they do. I think we just have to keep up with other offices consistently and make sure to get virtual employees to participate in various things so that they feel apart of the organization.

Continue reading

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at WilsonHCG a great to work with. The work-life balance is amazing.

Cons

Client disconnect. Unrealistic monthly goals. Pay rate is extremely low for industry average.

10. "Great culture and supportive managers!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Remote, OR

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company, everyone works with a positive attitude, management has trust in their employees, open door policy, remote work and work/life balance is great

Cons

Can be frustrating to do everything twice internally and on client side as is with most RPOs. Salaries are not that great

Found 52 reviews