WilsonHCG Employee Reviews about "working from home"

Updated Aug 14, 2020

3.9
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson
Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance and organization was not staffed enough for how quickly they were growing(in 18 reviews)

• "Feeling less engaged as a remote employee; working from home can result in lack of home/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "working from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Recruitment Consultant- 3+ years"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic work life balance, bonus plan, and personal growth planning. Training is very insightful and regimented. Management is down to earth, intelligent, and helpful all have been recruiters either at WilsonHCG or for a different company. Client logos are stellar and the business model works very well.

Cons

Though work from home is great it does take some time getting used to. Hiring managers can be difficult, this is not a job for someone you struggles multi-tasking and putting out fires.

Recruitment Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience here at WilsonHCG! We’re happy to hear you are content and have such a positive view of the company. I couldn’t agree more about how great our management is, as well as the company overall! If you still find it challenging working from home, please be encouraged to reach out to any of your colleagues who have been doing that as well, as they might have some tips on how to make the most out of it. I hope you agree that everyone in WilsonHCG is accessible, and there are various means of communication internally that you can make use of. You are also welcome to reach out to me directly, or any of the other Brand Ambassadors, if you’ve got any questions or further feedback. You can contact me via email or the brand ambassadors inbox on brand_ambassadors@wilsonhcg.com Thank you again for the thoughtful review, Lorena

2. "Great Company To Be a Better Recruiter"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn the in's and out's of recruitment - how to be agile, work on multiple positions with a variety of client

"Not for everyone"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clean office space and fun events for staff.

Cons

Required to work in office due to my proximity to the area, however due to traffic spent 2+ hours per day in traffic with no flexibility to work from home even though a majority of the company worked remotely. Over promised and under delivered to clients, encouraged us to push people through the process even though they were not a good fit for the position just because we needed to give them employees. It was against my principles to focus on quantity over quality, and I knew this was not a good fit for me long term.

Recruitment Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. As WilsonHCG continues to grow, we want to ensure our employees have the opportunity to balance their working schedules between office and home. We have recently re-visited our commute policies for employees located within a certain distance from WilsonHCG office locations. We do our very best to be as accommodating as possible – should there be any concerns, we are striving to address them on an individual basis with the employee’s respective leader and People & Culture so that, together, we can work to find a solution. Furthermore, we acknowledge your feedback regarding quantity versus quality. Overall, workflow and recruitment processes vary for our clients as they are all unique. At WilsonHCG, we truly value any and all feedback, and thus we want all employees to feel comfortable providing us with transparent feedback so that we can improve and address any concerns that are voiced. Open communication is very important to us and is the key to success. It’s imperative to us that all WilsonHCG employees feel empowered regarding their professional and personal lives. Thank you again for your review and honest feedback!

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper management is great! They truly listen to you and have the best interest in you.The opportunities for advancement are clearly visible and expectations to get promoted are transparent.

Cons

Working from home is not for everyone. That being said the company provides so many methods of staying connected.

Public Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your response. We make listening to our employees a priority and will continue to improve our workplace with creative and innovative ideas, so keep providing us with great feedback. Thanks, Cynthia

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Arlington, TX

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great bonus potential, benefits, flex time, cohesiveness

Cons

Working from home, I miss the office interaction.

Continue reading

"Employees are snobby and cliquey, managers have their favorites and it is very obvious."

1.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to work from home Benefits are good and you get ample vacation time Easily able to obtain a position right out of college

Cons

- Not a comfortable place to grow and learn - if you are having a good week, you will be praised by the leadership team, but if you are having a bad week, you will be talked down to as if you're incompetent, or you will just simply be ignored. - Work/life balance is non-existent during the week (even working from home) - Unrealistic expectations of weekly goals - Average age of "managers" is around 27 - no real knowledge of why or how certain people have moved up so quickly with the company.

"Work hard, play hard."

4.0

I have been working at WilsonHCG

Pros

I have ranked WilsonHCG as a 4/5 because nothing is ever perfect. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy what I do but there is always room for improvement. This company is a place that embodies unity. If you have the drive to succeed, WilsonHCG is the company for you. I love my job. I have ideas and they are appreciated. More importantly, my ideas are something that are put into motion. The open communication policy is what keeps me coming into work every morning. The culture here is beyond unique. I have the ability to interact with fellow coworkers as well as the CEO himself. Where else can you find that? Practically no where! WilsonHCG is poised for even more growth and I plan on being a part of that growth!

Cons

Like any other individual I would like a better salary. As the company grows, I do hope they stick to their values. Thus far, this is true. I am an employee who does work in the office. With the majority of the company being virtual, I too would like the opportunity to work from home. Whether it is one day a week or a one day a month. I think it should be viewed as an opportunity for the in office employees to see the "other side" of how we function.

"RUN"

2.0
    Current Employee - Talent Attraction Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People to work with Work from home

Cons

Hopeless in terms of compensation, one has to choose work from home just to save up on the traveling cost. Favouritism prevails all across the organization. You are just an option for them. All the hearts and smiles FAKE! You have to play along those fake smiles, speaking up against the wrongful will go against you regardless so better to keep your head down and stay “low profile”. Too many lies that can mess up your career. Technically you’re a slave working at the cheapest cost. Just RUN as far as you can and as fast as you can if you’re offered a job by HCG.

Continue reading
  9. "Amazing Company, Amazing Culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Business Partner in Leeds, England

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

WilsonHCG have been an amazing company to work for and it was with a heavy heart that I left. The entire team from Recruitment Business Partners, Mid Management and Higher Management right up to the CEO are all more than engaging and approachable. The opportunity for growth within the company is clear and achievable with various routes to personal development available to everyone. The package is pretty much on par with competitors but there are various incentives such as a kudos system whereby you can exchange kudos for various types of vouchers as well as an incentive trip to different parts of the world each year. The regular huddle up calls for each region and monthly all in calls for the entire business really do get you engaged with the rest of the company, not just in the UK but across the globe and are a fantastic idea. Overall, this is an amazing company to work for and I would recommend to anyone.

Cons

Personally I don't think there really are too many, my only concern would be that with the lack of clients in the North, for me to stay with WilsonHCG I would have had to work from home full time but I can see this being a definite pro for some.

Continue reading

"Stau away from this company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, virtual meetings make you feel connected, well-structured

Cons

Unethical management that lies to you, gets angry at you if you miss your numbers even if you go on vacation you have to 'make up for the time you missed'. If you raise a concern about anything, they hold it against you. Lack of resources - they don't want to pay anything for search tools so you're stuck doing nothing a lot of the time because you're out of free or paid reach outs. HR lied about the nature of the job at the beginning and said 2-3 days working from home and when brought up management said no... this happened to a handful of other people as well. They standardize objectives across the board so if you have are in a difficulty industry or have a tough client be prepared to be put on a growth plan and packaged out. Hitting your targets on a growth plan also doesn't guarantee they still won't fire you.. They try to avoid giving raises by making it impossible to move through the 'pillar program' they implemented and by distracting you by showering you with praise. Unfortunately, all this praise usually makes the employees head so big they start to wonder why they haven't received a raise in 3 years and they leave. They also tell you you can move teams freely and advertise postings but your manager can and does block that and it's common practice. Probably a good place for an employee starting out in recruiting but other than that I'd recommend you stay away.. the lying, dishonesty and lack of integrity is the worst part.

Found 14 reviews