Wilsonart International Reviews | Glassdoor

Wilsonart International Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

3.9
Wilsonart International CEO Timothy O'Brien (no image)
Timothy O'Brien
Pros
  • "Great benefits and competitive pay(in 6 reviews)

• "Good pay, benefits, job security/satisfaction(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, management disconnect(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Excellent pay"

Former Employee - Plate Operator in Temple, TX

I worked at Wilsonart International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great salary and benefits, excellent pay, great atmosphere

Cons

You get a little itchy from the material and the rotating shifts

Advice to Management

They do everything grear

Wilsonart International2019-10-08
  2. "Great company but seemed to make it up as they went"

Former Employee - Sales in Temple, TX

I worked at Wilsonart International full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great company culture * Pay wasn't bad even for first year people * Industry leading company that made excellent products

Cons

* Management made things up as they went/ didn't have a plan. * Seldom received help or direction from management. * When help and direction was asked for from managers, they'd usually get mad at you.

Advice to Management

Good bones for new hire education system, but poor execution.

Wilsonart International2019-08-08

September 1, 2019Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for your response and appreciation for culture, pay, and quality of our products (we are truly passionate about them). As for management and planning, you did a good job describing what we aim for, and I’m sorry we under-delivered for you. We will continue to work to get better.

3. "Good work bad hours"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fletcher, NC

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay decent, health insurance ok

Cons

Hours hours hours hours hours

Wilsonart International2019-05-11

September 1, 2019Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for feedback on pay and insurance (we do work hard to provide the best we can). As for the number of hours, we too have been impacted by the strong economy and low employment rate, in addition to usual seasonality in demand, which has led to higher amounts of overtime in some locations and shifts. We continue to work on new solutions, including the addition of part-time staff to help off-set some of the overtime hours. However, higher skilled roles (like maintenance technicians) are harder to supplement. Thank you for hanging in there in the meantime, we couldn’t do it without you.

4. "Machine Operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Wilsonart International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent supervisors, very easy to work for. Job is challenging but rewarding.

Cons

Standing for all of the job minus breaks. Laminate can easily cut you if your not careful.

Advice to Management

Just because some people have a bad past does not mean they can't be great workers for you.

Wilsonart International2018-12-21

December 23, 2018Global VP - Human Resources

Thanks for taking a moment to share these pros and cons with us. Very helpful,

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative, forward thinking, pays well, cares about its employees

Cons

At times takes on a little more than it can chew.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for better and better results.

Wilsonart International2018-11-01

November 5, 2018Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your insight and feedback. And agreed, sometimes less is more (i.e., "Do Less Better"), and our excitement and passion for our business can easily translate into biting off more than we can chew. We highly value anytime our employees speak up to help keep the organization focused.

6. "Progressive Changes"

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Leadership is committed on positioning this company for growth in new markets, products and customer base…while remaining focused on the customer experience and brand value • Job opportunities for those who are open to relocation and taking on challenging positions • Culture is shifting towards a more modern organization…stream lining reporting structures, internal and external web tools for sales team, and... leveraging social media for product placement and recruiting efforts • Best in class benefits, health care, 401K matching, and 3% safe harbor match! • Aggressive acquisition and business development strategy…especially in the past few year

Cons

• Focus on addressing the turnover in finance/accounting…high turnover, creates re-training and frustration on the rank and file. The turnover impacts many other departments, not just finance/accounting.

Advice to Management

Embrace the success and the past history, but continue to focus on our changing and demanding market environments. Address the immediate threats and look at new long term opportunities

Wilsonart International2018-08-20

August 22, 2018Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Great to hear your support of leadership, culture and benefits. UPDATE: I have taken a deeper look at turnover in Accounting / Finance. Good news, department annualized voluntary turnover is down 14% from last year (and is 10% YTD). Believe it or not, this is amongst the lowest turnover rates of any Finance organization I have had the opportunity to work with. We also believe we have a wonderful Finance/Accounting organization that continues to develop their skills and abilities relatively faster than the market (something I believe everyone comes to Wilsonart to achieve). That said, we are not satisfied and will continue to partner with leadership to explore ways to further improve as we really want to retain as much of our team as possible. Would love to have single-digit turnover in next 12 months, similar to many other parts of our organization. Looking forward to making more progress in future and would always value the opportunity to discuss any additional suggestions. -Randy

7. "Great culture, room for growth"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Business is growing. lots of opportunities for those that are open to growth and change. Benefits are better than most other places

Cons

This is a very fast paced environment

Wilsonart International2018-08-13

August 20, 2018Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

8. "Innovative Company, great place to work!"

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay rates!

Cons

Some employees resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with your people, put people first.

Wilsonart International2018-07-31

August 6, 2018Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We also realize that change is difficult for most employees and we are working to continuously improve our change management practices. We also believe transparency is a key component of effective change management and will try to incorporate it into our business whenever applicable. This includes the quarterly company-wide calls and newsletters we provide to help ensure our employees hear about our results and priorities directly from the senior leadership team and have an opportunity to ask questions about the business.

9. "The best people I have worked with/for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Down to earth people Great industry reputation Employee growth is encouraged Actually care about the employees

Cons

Juggling multiple priorities The business model is difficult to scale to their stated goals

Advice to Management

Doing more with less is not always an option.

Wilsonart International2018-06-14

June 18, 2018Global VP - Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding Wilsonart as a great place to work, while we also agree that we need to continuously improve and find ways to get better. To your point, we also want to "do less things better" as we constantly aim to focus our energy and resources and to avoid the thinking that "more is always better".

10. "Proud New Employee"

I have been working at Wilsonart International full-time

Pros

Great benefits and competitive pay. Love the pride and passion everyone takes in their job, our products and taking care of our customers. I really appreciate how much my co-workers care about me and my success. Everyone works hard, not because they have to, but because they want to (there is a big difference).

Cons

None so far, but enjoying it thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Wilsonart International2018-01-17