Wimmer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Matt Sauri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work with who truly care about creating great experiences for our customers (in 5 reviews)

• For the most part, it's a fun environment in which to work (in 3 reviews)

Cons

1. "Former Contractor for Microsoft"

I worked at Wimmer Solutions full-time

Pros

Wimmer Solutions gave me the opportunity to work for Microsoft, which was the best career move I ever made. I clearly remember my interview process being so efficient and pleasant, and my interviewers really knew what they were doing. I worked with an amazing and thoughtful recruiter. I was paid on time, they provided equipment and they were professional throughout. I will forever be grateful that they provided me with the best job I ever had with a leading company.

Cons

I had to move due to my husband's relocation and the company would not keep me because they needed me to be local. I worked remotely for a few months to help with transition and my performance was always excellent. I felt the company could have advocated for me more as contractor roles are mostly remote and location should not matter, especially for the type of work I was doing. They would've been guaranteed a high-performing, hard-working and loyal employee for a few more years. There were some communication problems at times and it appeared Wimmer was making decisions without even communicating with my Microsoft managers. I overlooked this because I really loved my job as well as my team members and managers at Microsoft. Even though it was upsetting towards the end, I am still grateful to Wimmer Solutions for the opportunity they gave me and would still recommend them.

Advice to Management

Be more open to keeping your employees even if they aren't local. Microsoft is a global company and this is entirely possible.

2. "Good consulting company - great benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wimmer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and employee representatives who are attentive while on assignement

Cons

Little effort to place on next contract

Advice to Management

Invest more time to find new placement for existing consultants

3. "Overall, pretty good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wimmer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, it's a fun environment in which to work. Pretty laid back and casual and small enough to where you can go to different levels of management fairly easily with any issues.

Cons

Not enough direct client business, as it has been in the past.

Advice to Management

Continue to push to diversify the client base and re-establish the relationships that made Wimmer a great place to be.

4. "Employee overhaul"

I worked at Wimmer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice view, by the lake, near gas works park, free parking

Cons

Worst management I'v worked for in this industry. They let go of over 8 employees in the last 2 months. Have no idea what they are doing or why.

Advice to Management

retire

5. "An environment to learn in"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wimmer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Love getting to see a lot of my coworkers every day, a first for me
    -Being exposed to a lot of opportunities to learn and grow both as a professional and as a person
    -Company is extremely 'people focused' and I feel cared about as an individual
    -Fun atmosphere
    -Location of HQ is a definite plus

Cons

-not always the most organized company, but it's still changing in that regards.
    -Could be better benefits/system for helping employees with benefits/HR

"Average experience"

Former Employee - Problem Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Problem Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wimmer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will try to help you as best as possible within their scope of influence. But...

Cons

They do not acknowledge that it is possible to have a bad client. But it's no surprise money speaks louder.

"Wimmer is one of the best Staffing Companies I've worked at"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Wimmer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very open atmosphere and environment. Great office. Nice place to work. Management is very accessible and open to new ideas.

Cons

Company has grown to a point it needs to reorganize it's focus. The change is happening currently but it can be painful.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, sort things out and everything will come together.

Wimmer Solutions Response

Oct 6, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for sharing your experience! You're right that we've been fortunate to see a lot of growth in the past several years, and with that comes challenges. We're currently investing a lot of time... More

"about Wimmer"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Wimmer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working at customer site so normally no much interaction with Wimmer, the paycheck always in time, when I needed something at the job site the responsible person were responsive.

Cons

health insurance benefit is not good at all, and to benefit from their contribution you must enroll in their expensive plans, everybody is considering it as a temp job.

"Great recruiter to work with !"

Current Employee - Supply Planning in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Supply Planning in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wimmer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter whom I have been working with is very helpful and resourceful. I have got offer from their client within a week upon interviews.

Cons

Not that I can think of at the moment, will update when/if I come across.

Wimmer Solutions Response

Oct 5, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your feedback! We're proud of our approach to matching our candidates with recruiters who understand their skill sets, make the effort to learn about their personal and professional goals... More

"Learned and grew, but witnessed company morale plummet"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

Wimmer was a fantastic space for me to learn and grow. Almost all of my coworkers were more than willing to share their knowledge and help me to develop in any way they could. There was an overall feeling of "if it will help you, it is worth my time." The company also provided and encouraged training from external sources, and even sponsored the attendance of expensive conferences. I found a better way to grow my career outside of the company, but I am sure I would have received a promotion and/or opportunity to lead within the company if I had stayed another year or two.
    Many of my coworkers were wonderful, kind, hard-working people, who I was honored to work along side.
    Things were constantly changing, which could be viewed as a con, but it also meant that the leaders of the company really cared about finding ways to make the organization better.
    The location is amazing (right on the water, with beautiful views and an opportunity to swim on warm days, since the building had a shower to rinse off after). The office was generally bright and cheery.
    Health/dental/vision benefits for internal employees were pretty top-notch. Compensation felt fair, and benefits/perks were amazing when I started (4.5/5, and would have been 5/5 with a better 401k match and better PTO), but were cut back during my time there due to budget issues (to 3/5).

Cons

To pick up where I left off in my list of pros, here are the benefits and perks that I had when I started, but were taken away at some point during my time at the company: $1200/year cash reimbursement for any wellness-related expenses, "frequent" company boat rides, almost constantly available snacks, company parties (holiday and anniversary) for internal employees, flexible work hours (I was told to "be here most days between 10am and 4pm, work from home outside of those times if you prefer" when I started, but was eventually given a strictly monitored 9am arrival deadline and told I should only work from home if sick), $1000/year charitable donation match.
    I was also told when I received my offer that I would have a spot in the company parking lot and 3 sick days. The person who gave me this information was wrong, as I received a spot in a parking lot down the street (8-minute walk away), and only 2 sick days. (Total PTO was 12 vacation, 2 sick, and 6 holidays. My current company, for comparison, provides 15 vacation, 5 sick, and 9 holidays... 9 extra paid days off/year, which is much closer to average according to my research.)
    There was a huge morale issue and overall unease, beginning in the fall of 2014 when we were all told that there would be layoffs unless performance improved. These layoffs were on everyone's minds for a few months, until a couple weeks before Christmas when over 15% of the internal staff was laid off. Then the cuts to benefits/perks were announced, and morale continued to decrease as a steady flow of people began to find jobs elsewhere or get pushed out of the company to be replaced with "better" management (that was the understanding of the people in the company I talked to). To my knowledge, that gradual exodus has not stopped yet and it has been over a year since the large layoff and cut to company perks.
    Last, the workflow between recruiting and sales was not as efficient as it could have been, although efforts were made to improve this, and I believe they may have had a positive impact since I left. A couple employees who had been with the company for a long time were a partial cause of this inefficiency, as their jobs seemed to rely on their tenure and/or friendship with the CEO and not how easy/productive it was to work with them.

Advice to Management

Middle management, although it changed quite a bit during my time at the company (as I mentioned in "Cons"), was generally very good and hardworking, demonstrating a commitment to the company and to lower-level employees.
    Unfortunately, the highest level of management seemed to be very distant and uninvolved when times were tough, always giving a speech about how things were going to get better, and then disappearing for the majority of the next few weeks. Even more unfortunately, there were nasty rumors going around about what he did during his time away from the company that I will not share here.
    To all management, I would suggest caution when making decisions that will negatively affect employee morale, as I believe the huge amount of turnover you have experienced in the last year and a half is greatly affecting your bottom line. I sincerely hope that some of my feedback above (both negative and positive) is helpful in evaluating these decisions.