WindLogics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Good company, challenging work and impressive colleagues"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had an opportunity to work on a number of challenging projects. Management is very supportive and I continue to be impressed by the technical and scientific aptitude of my co-workers.

Cons

Workload can be high at times and advancement opportunities seem more limited in Saint Paul than the Florida office. At times we seem to be disconnected from the parent company.

Advice to Management

WindLogics is heading in a good direction. I am hoping that the recent growth will continue and provide opportunities for advancement.

"OK Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falcon Heights, Ramsey, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falcon Heights, Ramsey, MN

I worked at WindLogics (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are a developer their are lots of great technologies to work on.

Cons

Everyone works full tilt. no breathing room.

Advice to Management

Toxic Environment, fix it.

"Bad show"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Nice office space. A few knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Tied to huge slow dysfunctional utility that is more like Enron than anything else. Top management is mostly clueless people that they didn't want in Florida HQ. Very shoddy products. Very short-term goals. No quality control at all. Not a fun place to work if you ave any professional standards.

Advice to Management

Retire and reinstated the old technically-proficient management. They at least made some small effort at doing quality work.

"small company/big company politics"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at WindLogics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In general, the people, especially the "workers", were very nice, smart and apparently intelligent.

Cons

Back-stabbing management.

Big corporate culture that has crept in ever since the acquisition by NEE.

Opaque processes and goals. Why things happen the way they do the worker bees will never know.

You say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you're fired. Constantly having to walk on eggshells is common.

Advice to Management

WindLogics is nothing now compared to what it was before the acquisition, You're really not that special or different anymore. Drop the try-too-hard start-up culture BS.

"Great company with interesting work, respectful coworkers, and effective management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company does a lot of interesting scientific work, and makes an effort to keep employees engaged. Everyone is given the tools they need to perform their work-related tasks, the work environment is very casual and comfortable, while remaining professional and respectful. Also there's a good work/life balance. I rarely have to work after hours, and when I do it's always because I want to.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit better. I'm currently getting paid a bit under market value. Also there isn't a lot of room for advancement, though to be fair this is typical of any small company with a limited number of positions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, especially with regard to management style. This company hires capable people who don't need a lot of micromanagement, and most managers (rightly) don't stand in the way of their employees' productivity.

"Great place to learn and grow your career with talented colleges and challenging work"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture with outstanding talent, challenging projects, and supportive leadership. We are helping change the renewable energy industry. There seems to be a steady stream of new and interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Only two things come to mind. First, my incredibly smart co-workers make this a great learning experience but they also make it difficult to stand out during reviews. Second, the parent company (NextEra Energy) is too focused on Florida and at times makes WindLogics feel disconnected.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think the company is going in a great direction. As someone else commented, you should consider using the Focus Energy brand - it is more fitting to what we do.

Also, try to alleviate some of the stress/workload. At times, we are under time pressure to deliver very complex solutions that have never been attempted (i.e. extend delivery times to provide more of a buffer for research)

8. "A good experience. I learned a lot."

Former Employee - Senior Resource Modeling Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Resource Modeling Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at WindLogics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere is excellent. good team work, good colleagues.
    renewable and clean energy. relatively good salary and benefits. supportive management. Equal Opportunity Employer. lots of theory and hands-on training.

Cons

to be honest, no big issues. liked working at this establishment
    learned about the power industry here. co-worker are very knowledgeable.
    The main issue is the companies location which is too cold and most of people can't stand the cold weather.

Advice to Management

Change the name of the company, because everyone think the company is only focused on the wind technology.
    And relocate the company to a location with a mild weather.

"SDE"

I have been working at WindLogics full-time

Pros

New Technologies and New learning almost everyday. Exciting work keeps coming in.

Cons

Not much career growth for the past 3 years.

Advice to Management

Pay a bit better. People here work very hard

""Shocker""

I worked at WindLogics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good small work environment, people get by without doing anything and working literally just four hours a day

Cons

They literally discuss happily around the lunch table about and why 'people were let go', never seen a place before or after where discussing why their ex colleagues lost their jobs brought so much joy to people.

politics and misogyny are openly discussed and practiced. Don't be fooled by the blue state location, you will soon know how conservative people are in this company because they openly tell you!

Pay is too low and old management changed out for a bad one

Advice to Management

Close this location and merge your operations with the your mother ship. Nothing makes sense to be this far and remote.

"Excellent ability to learn many aspects of a utility"

Pros

Great cross functional work and very interesting / complex solutions. There is a lot of opportunity to make a difference.

Cons

Very demanding. To get ahead you have to be able to put in hours, effort and willing to be out of your comfort zone. This is a con for some but a positive for others

Advice to Management

Give better recognition. Employees are working exceptionally hard