WindLogics Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 13 reviews

3.2
WindLogics CEO Richard Argentieri
Richard Argentieri

"Ignore Salty Reviews, Current Environment is Excellent for Engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Roseville, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The Engineering team and leadership are excellent. There are several reviews here that harp on the acquisition but are really smoke and mirrors, deflecting from the fact they no longer work at the company. It's irrelevant what happened then, as a candidate you should care what's happening now, and as of this review it's the best time to be at the company. Big pushes into new technologies with lots of opportunities to...

Cons

There are corporate politics, but unless you are applying for a management position, it will hardly, if ever affect you. Location is not ideal, in between the downtowns. Primary coding tech is Java, if that's not your fancy then this will not be a good fit for you. Pay is slightly low for the market.

Advice to Management

Get corporate in line on pay bands, Minneapolis is not the same as Florida.

WindLogics2017-07-09

"Poor management, poor culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at WindLogics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Engineers get to work with just about any tech they want. Java, Python, R, Spark, Docker, AWS Lambda, etc. The organization's mission of efficient use of renewable energy is so great, it's worth putting up with some BS to help them meet it. Many of the engineers and data scientists are competent and easy to work with. If you get through life with just the skill of being charming and throwing competent people under...

Cons

1. The engineering managers are (with maybe two exceptions) terrible. They do not support the engineers. They support other managers and brown-nosers. If any manager has any kind of conflict with any engineer, the managers all gang up on the engineer. Add to that the fact that some of the managers are charming narcissists and you have a recipe for unhappy engineers. It is a very "in group" and "out group" culture....

Advice to Management

You care more about your little club of buddies than you do about the company. You are promoting incompetent data scientists and software engineers and losing your best talent. If you don't start taking the stories you hear from your reports seriously and start doubting the stories you hear from your narcissistic buddies and incompetent sycophants, then the organization will not reach its great potential,

WindLogics2018-08-18

"OK Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falcon Heights, Ramsey, MN

I worked at WindLogics for more than 9 years

Pros

If you are a developer their are lots of great technologies to work on.

Cons

Everyone works full tilt. no breathing room.

Advice to Management

Toxic Environment, fix it.

WindLogics2016-11-15

""Shocker""

I worked at WindLogics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good small work environment, people get by without doing anything and working literally just four hours a day

Cons

They literally discuss happily around the lunch table about and why 'people were let go', never seen a place before or after where discussing why their ex colleagues lost their jobs brought so much joy to people. politics and misogyny are openly discussed and practiced. Don't be fooled by the blue state location, you will soon know how conservative people are in this company because they openly tell you! Pay is...

Advice to Management

Close this location and merge your operations with the your mother ship. Nothing makes sense to be this far and remote.

WindLogics2016-11-24

"SDE"

I have been working at WindLogics full-time

Pros

New Technologies and New learning almost everyday. Exciting work keeps coming in.

Cons

Not much career growth for the past 3 years.

Advice to Management

Pay a bit better. People here work very hard

WindLogics2016-10-14

"Bad show"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at WindLogics

Pros

Nice office space. A few knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Tied to huge slow dysfunctional utility that is more like Enron than anything else. Top management is mostly clueless people that they didn't want in Florida HQ. Very shoddy products. Very short-term goals. No quality control at all. Not a fun place to work if you ave any professional standards.

Advice to Management

Retire and reinstated the old technically-proficient management. They at least made some small effort at doing quality work.

WindLogics2016-09-21

"Good company, challenging work and impressive colleagues"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I've had an opportunity to work on a number of challenging projects. Management is very supportive and I continue to be impressed by the technical and scientific aptitude of my co-workers.

Cons

Workload can be high at times and advancement opportunities seem more limited in Saint Paul than the Florida office. At times we seem to be disconnected from the parent company.

Advice to Management

WindLogics is heading in a good direction. I am hoping that the recent growth will continue and provide opportunities for advancement.

WindLogics2016-01-05

"small company/big company politics"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at WindLogics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

In general, the people, especially the "workers", were very nice, smart and apparently intelligent.

Cons

Back-stabbing management. Big corporate culture that has crept in ever since the acquisition by NEE. Opaque processes and goals. Why things happen the way they do the worker bees will never know. You say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you're fired. Constantly having to walk on eggshells is common.

Advice to Management

WindLogics is nothing now compared to what it was before the acquisition, You're really not that special or different anymore. Drop the try-too-hard start-up culture BS.

WindLogics2015-10-28

"Great company with interesting work, respectful coworkers, and effective management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This company does a lot of interesting scientific work, and makes an effort to keep employees engaged. Everyone is given the tools they need to perform their work-related tasks, the work environment is very casual and comfortable, while remaining professional and respectful. Also there's a good work/life balance. I rarely have to work after hours, and when I do it's always because I want to.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit better. I'm currently getting paid a bit under market value. Also there isn't a lot of room for advancement, though to be fair this is typical of any small company with a limited number of positions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, especially with regard to management style. This company hires capable people who don't need a lot of micromanagement, and most managers (rightly) don't stand in the way of their employees' productivity.

WindLogics2015-08-20

"Great place to learn and grow your career with talented colleges and challenging work"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at WindLogics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great culture with outstanding talent, challenging projects, and supportive leadership. We are helping change the renewable energy industry. There seems to be a steady stream of new and interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Only two things come to mind. First, my incredibly smart co-workers make this a great learning experience but they also make it difficult to stand out during reviews. Second, the parent company (NextEra Energy) is too focused on Florida and at times makes WindLogics feel disconnected.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think the company is going in a great direction. As someone else commented, you should consider using the Focus Energy brand - it is more fitting to what we do. Also, try to alleviate some of the stress/workload. At times, we are under time pressure to deliver very complex solutions that have never been attempted (i.e. extend delivery times to provide more of a buffer for research)

WindLogics2015-05-06