Windsor Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Leading from the Front"

Current Employee - Team Member in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Team Member in Durham, NC

I have been working at Windsor Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership is deeply vested in the vision and the team. Fast paced environment. Super bright and engaged team.

Cons

Career development can be challenging, for those that view career growth in a very traditional linear path. Opportunity for growth is available for the individuals who are able to think creatively and shred the box on how to obtain experience and growth.

Advice to Management

Keep living the core values!

Jun 14, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for this review, and for the kind words about your teammates. We are fortunate to work with really smart, really committed teammates. Definitely a fast-paced, create-your-destiny type of... More

2. "Lot of Talk, Not a lot Walk"

I worked at Windsor Circle full-time

Pros

You get to say you worked at a startup.

Cons

Zero career growth. Management has delusions or grandeur that just do not make sense. Not sure what the future of this company is and I do not think management has an honest idea either.

Advice to Management

You hide behind values that you do not actually practice, but you think you do because you are so disconnected and "drinking the kool-aid" of being in a startup. You think that if you say and write that you have a great culture, company and future enough times, it might actually come true. Clock is ticking on this company and it is only a matter of time.

Aug 15, 2017 – CEO

This is Matt Williamson, the CEO of Windsor Circle. I try to read and respond to each comment on GlassDoor. This is a harsh review that suggests some real frustration and anger on the part of the... More

"Running fast without direction"

I worked at Windsor Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart and committed leadership team. There is a focus on individual development.

Cons

Constantly changing direction. Lack of communication across departments. A culture that seems to run from and hide failures.

Advice to Management

Don't hide behind your values. Embrace challenges and don't be afraid to talk more openly about a constantly changing competitive landscape.

Aug 8, 2017 – CEO

First, thank you to this former employee for their hardwork and commitment while they were with us. We hire smart, hardworking people, and during this person's tenure at Windsor Circle, I'm sure... More

4. "Amazing team"

I have been working at Windsor Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible team full of smart and competent people.
    Can trust your coworkers to work hard even when they're working from home
    Fully covered health insurance
    Supportive environment
    Great management team (VP's and C-Level execs)

Cons

Some roles have lower pay than other companies. That can be a trade off sometimes for culture.

"Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Durham, NC

I worked at Windsor Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment for learning, trying new things, making new connections.

Cons

Company trys a lot of new things, but sometimes the new thing will hurt you at the end.

Advice to Management

Do a better job promoting within and utilize the talents and leaders inside the company to grow.

Jun 14, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Testing new strategies in response to an ever-evolving marketplace is hard, and sometimes has hard consequences if the tests don't pan out. I'm proud that we... More

"It lives up to the hype!"

I have been working at Windsor Circle full-time

Pros

Hands down, the best place I've ever worked. The executive team is rock-solid, leads by example and believes in complete transparency. The company also takes pride in giving back to the local community and gives every employee a chance to make a difference each quarter.

Cons

Some people may find that the day-to-day pace is too quick for their liking. We work very hard and get stuff done at an accelerated speed. Personally, I love it.

Advice to Management

Just stay the course. You're building something special with a team full of highly talented and motivated individuals. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Jul 12, 2016 – CEO

Thank you. We're still climbing the hill, and the journey definitely demands everything everyone has, and then some. If you're considering working here, give serious thought to being ready for high... More

"Positive Character and Culture From Day 1"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Windsor Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the moment I stepped foot in Windsor Circle's offices, I knew that this wasn't going to be just another technology gig. The employees — from leadership on down — are 100% committed to everything they tackle. People ask pointed questions. Discussions have meaning and don't just prattle on because there are 15 minutes left in the meeting. Everyone is focused, efficient, and determined to make whatever they are doing that day impact the company as a whole. So, short story long, the people are great and the culture demands an A-player mentality. If you bring that attitude, you'll succeed here.

The culture is also strong, with enthusiasm to spare. There's a sense of pride in working at Windsor Circle and it's fostered through "team" spirit, a belief in the company's mission, and, perhaps most importantly, the concept that you mean more to Windsor Circle than your title/job. Your day might begin and end at your desk, but if you're not visiting every department and talking to handfuls of different employees throughout the day to accomplish your goals, you're doing something wrong.

Other pros: Good coffee, lots of soda, weekly happy hours, lots of wellness programming, a great location in the heart of Downtown Durham, a strong sense of ownership, strong communication structure, and more transparency than I've ever seen at any company.

Cons

It isn't hard to list the cons because they are honestly few and far between. In fact, only one comes to mind:

The company is growing fast. And "fast growth" means everyone has to work extra hard, even putting in cycles after "normal business hours." This isn't a con for everyone (myself included), but it's understandably one for lots of people. If high velocity and a startup culture scare you, that's fine. But that also means Windsor Circle might not be the place for you. People take their jobs seriously and they expect others on their team to do the same.

Advice to Management

As far as I can tell, Management is doing everything it can to make Windsor Circle a great company to work for and to ensure that it has a long-lasting impact on the digital marketing space. Keep up the great work and keep bringing in top-shelf contributors!

Jul 19, 2016 – CEO

Thank you... really appreciate the observation of how committed everyone is. I appreciate that you don't feel that there are very many "cons" but humbly I'd submit that we've still got a lot of work... More

"Great place to get good at sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Windsor Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great place to get good at sales. They sales team is strongly process-oriented, and there's great ongoing coaching
    - Sales team culture is hardworking & funloving
    - Management is exemplary

Cons

All through 2015, Management was still figuring out its market strategy. Every quarter or two there was a change in tools or team structure. There was a sense of stability in the office day to day, but there were also some audacious company goals. During 2015, I don't think more than 30% of the sales team was consistently hitting quota.

Advice to Management

At the end of the year, the CEO recognized the sales quota issue, and said he'd made a mistake not to factor in the sales team's historical performance more. Sounds like 2016 will be a different game.

Jan 26, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for this post, and for observing, even as you've moved on, our value of Openness and Transparency. No doubt that we have audacious goals... we are literally trying to change the way... More

9. "Fun and fast-growing Start up"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Durham, NC

I worked at Windsor Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great community, fun start up environment
    Great people who are fun to be around
    Team working hard for the same goal

Cons

Growing faster than Management can often handle
    Inconsistent training for new roles
    Everybody is pulled thin

Advice to Management

More consistent training for new roles, as well as on going training for the roles
    Help new employees learn more about the environment

Jan 26, 2016 – CEO

First, a special thank you to this reviewer. This person worked hard, was a great part of the culture of Windsor Circle, and we already miss his presence.

It is accurate to say that we're... More

"Great leadership and culture"

I worked at Windsor Circle full-time

Pros

Best executive management ever. Committed to employees and the community.

Cons

None - if you're excited to work with smart people at a fast pace, and are ready to contribute, work here.

Advice to Management

Think through new hire training and standardize.

Oct 20, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for the coaching on getting new hire training standardized and optimized. To make sure we're "onboarding" with excellence, we've staffed up on our HR front, with a recently promoted... More