Windsor Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Windsor Communities President Jeffrey A. Harris
Jeffrey A. Harris
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Everyone is extremely positive, upper/ management is great (genuinely care about their employees" (in 16 reviews)

• "By far, Windsor is one of the best property management companies I've worked for" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "That said, upper management is always doing their best to ensure that employees are engaged and happy" (in 14 reviews)

• "You do work weekends as a leasing person, but that is industry standard" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly care for their associates and residents. They own their assets so they take care of them and put the money in. They provide amazing training and growth opportunities for all associates. They are continuously growing, so the opportunity is really there if you want it. They believe in doing the right thing, even if it means bending policy.

Cons

Strict dress code, but they give you money twice a year for clothes, so not too bad.

2. "Incredible work family!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very in depth training. Very close knit family but very large company and plenty of room for growth. Amazing teams that empower you to do your job effectively.

Cons

No cons really! I’ve been here for a month and I love it. I’ve wanted to work for Windsor for years and finally landed a job. Great HR training!

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Maintenance Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Maintenance Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Windsor Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Windsor Communities was the best company I’ve ever worked for. They are kind, generous, understanding, and supportive.

Cons

Windsor Communities lacks process.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

4. "A Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great benefits (clothing allowance, vacation time, operations conference every year)
    - Competitive pay for the industry
    - Outstanding culture - many of the same personality types working together. It's a fun place to work
    - Upper Management is approachable and always trying to improve things
    - If you are in it for the long term there are lots of opportunities for growth
    - the company is rapidly expanding, it's an exiting time

Cons

Just as with any other company in the industry - there can be a lot of weekend work for entry level positions. Once you move up in the company the weekends eventually go away though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I've had a wonderful experience.

5. "Worth Checking Out"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Windsor Communities and GID, the parent company are extremely pro-employee and have made a number of fantastic improvements to their benefits plan to help with the work/life balance. The management is regularly asking for feedback and suggestions for how to make processes work better and they are open to feedback. I feel confident working for this company and feel like my opinions count.

Cons

There are a number of seasoned managers at Windsor Communities, so jumping in as a new but experienced manager is a little bit daunting at first.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask for our feedback so that we can keep growing together. Communication is key and growth is definitely underway.

6. "If you are in Seattle, run."

Former Employee - Property Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Windsor Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Divisional when I started was great.
    It went downhill quickly after he left.

Cons

It pains me to have to write this review, but I feel compelled to warn anyone that is considering accepting a position in the Seattle Metro Area. I’m sure that Windsor has the best of intentions, but their current DM’s are hands down the worst “leaders” that I have ever worked for. They rule by fear, they are dishonest, they are petty and essentially like working for two high school mean girls. I’ve been in this industry for a while and I have never seen anyone treat their team members as unfairly as these two do.

On a side note, everyone in this region is related. Because of that, it’s full of cliques and gossip. Not a healthy environment for anyone to thrive.

With all of the multi-family opportunities in Seattle, I would recommend going with anyone but Windsor.

Advice to Management

You guys can do better. Giving free NorthFace fleeces don’t make up for the lack of team morale due to your bullying Divisional Managers.

7. "Windsor Communities - a company you can stay/grow with for your whole career"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Bergen, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Bergen, NJ

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Windsor! My experience has been very positive overall. Windsor is a national company that gives you the benefits of both a larger company's resources combined with the feel of a small company where your opinion is valued. I have found upper management does an excellent job at making you feel valued and are receptive to feedback. Recently several benefits were updated including accruing vacation time faster, maternity and paternity leave, updated bereavement leave and a commuter benefit! This is all on top of a bi-annual clothing allowance. How can you beat that? There's room for growth and Windsor likes to promote from within. There's a very fun culture with events planned throughout the year to keep everyone's morale up. For maintenance, they are offered free apartments (not just the supervisor, technicians as well). I've always valued that Windsor has a lot of longevity among the staff. I work in the Northeast region where a large amount of the employees have been here 10+ years. I think that alone says a ton about the company and it's culture.

Cons

Similar to any property management company there is weekend work involved. That's hard to get around in this industry though. There are times, especially in certain regions where it may take time to move up as positions don't frequently come up. That said, upper management is always doing their best to ensure that employees are engaged and happy. I've seen several times where employees were given the opportunity to work on projects or teach classes to help them grow within their role until opportunities were available.

8. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for! I consider myself lucky to work with an amazing group of people! Everyone is extremely positive, upper/ management is great (genuinely care about their employees!), great culture, and there’s always room for growth.

Cons

Fortunately, I do not have cons!

9. "Great company."

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free housing for maintenance staff members, good pay and great benefits. Promotes from within. Upper management really cares and there is a family feel here.

Cons

The cons are the same you would experience in any maintenance position.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more advanced training for the maintenance staff. There is some training available but with the new appliance technology and because we do HVAC in house more in depth training is needed.

10. "AMAZING COMPANY!!!"

I have been working at Windsor Communities full-time

Pros

By far, Windsor is one of the best property management companies I've worked for. This company invests a lot into each of its employees and training is ongoing. The culture is amazing and environment always positive. You will be challenged, which is great for each employee's professional development.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. Work days can sometimes be long and curve balls get thrown your way from time to time, but that is typical of the industry as a whole. Depending on the region you are in, growth opportunities may be limited. But if you are willing to relocate, then there's definitely opportunity to move up!