Windsor Fashions Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Los Angeles, CA Area

2.5
Leon Zekaria

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 40% Discount on EVERYTHING, even things already on sale (in 40 reviews)

• Really nice people who work there, great discount (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Impossible sales goals to reach if you have more opening than closing shifts in a week (in 22 reviews)

• Horrible upper management that never care or are available (in 21 reviews)

1. "Windsor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Windsor Fashions (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides a great product and the importance of customer service is high

Cons

Advancement isn't always encouraged. Training of new management isn't always a priority.

Advice to Management

Advancement to manager is fast depending on need

2. "they dont care about staff"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Windsor Fashions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

can move up quickly if you work hard though you will be underpaid as a manager

Cons

hard working employees are not valued. Turnover is very high due to undervaluing and underpaying employees

Advice to Management

Compensate more for all of the work and dedication employees put in

"Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Windsor Fashions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee discount, Great sales associates

Cons

Poor management
    Taught to manager and not lead our girls

Advice to Management

Should probably get new management if that store ever wants to get out of the hot mess its in. Read yelp reviews, they do not lie. If your customers are unhappy review your managing styles and create a happy workplace instead of a hostile and spiteful team. It all starts with the Management. It is a hostile environment and everyone goes against each other, because we made to feel as if someone is always at fault. I would not let my son/daughter work at this location/district if they had the opportunity. They would rather write someone up until they quit rather than fire them or even teach them which is unfortunate.

"Windsor Review"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Canoga Park, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Canoga Park, CA

Pros

Employee discount is surprisingly 40%

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, employee hours aren't consistent, managers have to do EVERYTHING, cliques amongst workers

Advice to Management

Hire different workers for different aspects of the store! Merchandiser for merchandising, cleaning people for cleaning, etc.

5. "Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palmdale, CA

Pros

I love that Windsor is up to date with all of the current trends. I enjoyed working with most of the girls, my store manager way always positive and pleasant to work with.

Cons

I was hired as a part time position and was lucky to even get one shift per week. They never put me on the schedule so when I did work I did not feel confident. Depending on who I would work with, if I asked a question, I would get a frustrated response. Not my fault I don't know my way around the store when I don't get the opportunity to even work.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people unless you can guarantee them at least 10 hours per week. Wasting everyone's time.

"Love the job not the co-workers"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA

I have been working at Windsor Fashions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great customers. Okay pay. clean work environment

Cons

Associates are kind, cool and collected. Managers are harsh and not leaders. Verbally abusive and unfair to associates. Unless you have tough skin and can hold you tongue I do not suggest working here.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your associates and they will be more willing to work with you and not against you.

"District 1"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Windsor Fashions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Windsor has a great discount. If you go to school, this is a good temporary job for you. You can meet some of the best co-workers around. You learn a lot of multi-tasking and managerial skills essential to carrying on to your real life career outside of retail. If you are a fashion lover, definitely better than Forever 21.

Cons

First off:

Upper management.. Upper management can be great, business oriented, but communication skills lack. She can come off as rude, and she can speak down to you sometimes. When they are in a bad mood, they are extremely unprofessional and will not know how to talk to you. They wears their emotions on their sleeve. Instead of respecting them, you are intimidated which can hinder the completion of workload.

Schedule: Management in most stores do not want to give you any time off. There is always some sort of black-out period and you are constantly working every weekend because some managers aren't "strong" enough. I believe if that is the case, they shouldn't get promoted to MIT and so forth. It is frustrating having to work to pick up the slack of others while they get to enjoy their weekends off, or opening shifts instead of closing shifts. Not fair.

Compensation: Okay pay, better than a lot of places. However, really hard to get raises. The company wants you to do well, but there is no consistent type of incentive to do better besides keeping your job. Understandable, but it gets repetitive and boring without something to look forward to. Only people getting paid or bonuses are the full time managers and corporate. Sales associates and part timers don't get anything.

time management: NOW this is where it gets very, absolutely frustrating. For C volume stores, they don't want to schedule extra people because payroll won't allow it, but they expect us to finish all of visual merchandising shipment placement, give excellent customer service, and make your sales goal for the day. I understand that this is all part of the job description, but it isn't realistic to finish all of shipment placement with only two people on the floor at once , sometimes 3. And even then, it is really busy where all our attention is on the customers. Then we get in trouble because shipment placement isn't done, or we don't help customers. That is very frustrating.

Career opportunities: Although there is room for growth, sometimes it takes a very very long time. Unless you want to drive further, then you can get a faster step in growth within the company.

At the end of the day, Windsor wants you to to do so much for very little pay, if you are a sales associate. Getting into management is an accomplishment, but it comes with a lot of pressure and baggage. When it comes to the upper management, there is no doing anything right. No motivation really you to do better, unless it involves bonuses for upper management You can get a hot and cold vibe.

Advice to Management

Management has to take accountability for their actions. If a sensor is found and they are present in the store, then it is also under their watch. Let's not blame it all on the assistant or sales associate. Treat employees with respect, and don't retaliate if someone requests time off.

8. "Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Windsor Fashions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, no micromanaging, in charge of your own projects, CEO takes the time to say "Hello" to employees, and above all most employees are happy and smiling

Cons

Needs better communication from management about events and projects.

"best job ever!"

Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Windsor Fashions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great team
    understanding DM
    fun place to work overall
    you get windsor bucks, which is money you can use at the store

Cons

hours are not always the same
    must make sales goals or can be let go

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing,its great working for the company

"Not my favorite"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Windsor Fashions part-time

Pros

The only thing I could say is a pro would be the 40% discount on clothing.

Cons

Won't work with employees schedules
    Expectations of sales way too high
    Want you to focus on doing everything at one time (LP, cashiering, monitoring the fitting rooms, getting shoes and helping guest build outfits)
    Not really any training
    Pay is horrible

Advice to Management

My advice wouldn't be to management but to the company as a whole. It is so outdated. The register systems they use have to be from like 1990. They expect way too much from their employees and do not feel they should compensate them for their hard work. Working at Windsor has taught me the way an employee should not be treated by their employer. There are really no benefits to working at Windsor besides getting a pay check. They want you to wear only Windsor clothes and kind of expect for you to buy them when most people are working to live and pay bills. The company has no room for growth and plays favoritism. The visual people, district managers and other people from corporate come into the stores and make the employees feel incompetent. I've been in the store a few times when they come in and afterwards employees are crying because they stress them out. The 40% discount is cool for the employees but the quality of the clothing is horrible. I've seen the exact same items in other stores for way cheaper than they are in Windsor. The whole company just needs to be revamped.

Windsor Fashions Response

Mar 23, 2016 – VP of Stores

Thank you for taking the time to write this review because it gives us the opportunity to take a look at areas in which we can make improvements. I apologize for your experience not meeting our... More