KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.4
Windstream President and CEO Tony Thomas
Tony Thomas

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great and you get to work on a very wide verity of equipment.(in 175 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and adequate(in 118 reviews)
  • "The pay was good however there always seems to be something wrong with the product .(in 115 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance (depending on position)(in 47 reviews)
  • "Ability to work from home is great!(in 46 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Windstream and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great Company and Great Leadership

May 18, 2022 - Senior Analyst Finance in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Windstream is a great company with a great culture and Leadership. Known for its values of diversity and inclusion, flexible schedules, work life balance, and much more.

Cons

No cons really, there have been ups and downs as with anything in life, and one must be able to adapt to change.

1 person found this review helpful

Windstream Response

We appreciate your honest review and are glad to hear you are happy with the Windstream culture and environment. We work hard to offer an inclusive and happy work environment for all and appreciate you sharing positive feedback.

2. 5.0

Amazing Culture !!!

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people! Windstream has an excellent people centered culture; i love the focus on collaboration and diversity inclusion equality and belonging; i am able to bring my authentic self to work each and every day!

Cons

pay is competitive and benefits are just okay

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to work for

Jul 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company to work at. Great teamwork. Great products.

Cons

Company needs to update their systems and processes. Salary could be better too.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Jul 2, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

Nothing to complain about here

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Improving by leaps and bounds

Jun 30, 2022 - Network Analyst in Mansfield, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management seems keenly aware of how to make the network better.

Cons

Same as w/ all the other telecomms I've worked for (3), some of their records, especially Outside Plant, are atrocious.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people

Jun 23, 2022 - Project Manager in Rochester, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers to work with

Cons

Can be a little too relaxed

Windstream Response

We are all striving for success and we are glad you have found success with Windstream. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your continued success on our team!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, great people!

Jul 6, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership and teammates were equally supportive and encouraging. The company as a whole is very welcoming and comfortable. Even though my role was remote, the energy and atmosphere was always relaxed and calm.

Cons

I felt that leadership could've handled the lay-off & off-boarding process better.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Jun 15, 2022 - Project Manager in Baldwin, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible availability, full benefits with PTO and 401K benefits. Feels like working for a family.

Cons

I have encountered any "CONS" in the two years i have been here,

9. 4.0

Good place, but...

Jun 15, 2022 - Network Analyst II in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, benefits are just "okay", lots of PTO, remote-work is easy to do.

Cons

Easy to get "stuck" in your position; if you get good at your job, it's easy for upper management to depend TOO much on you instead of holding others to the same standard; there is no punishment for people who do not pull their weight, upper management just ignores them. Processes and procedures are constantly changing and hard to keep up with.

Windstream Response

Our employees are very valuable to us, and we're always working to make improvements. Your feedback is important, and we appreciate you taking the time to share.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good place to work before upper management changes

Jun 28, 2022 - Service Technician in Cornelia, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of work to do

Cons

Overtime, work family balance is bad, management plays favorites

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,990 Reviews

Windstream Reviews FAQs

Windstream has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 2,063 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Windstream to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Windstream employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Windstream. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

56% of Windstream employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Windstream 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Windstream to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Windstream Job Seekers