Windstream Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

Windstream President and CEO Tony Thomas
Tony Thomas
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management does not care about the employees at all(in 75 reviews)

• "Tier 1 Customer Service/Emergency Repair is outsourced which is a bad customer experience(in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Windstream full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, work environment.

Cons

Office was prematurely downsized unfortunately.

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience, but are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our pay, culture and benefits. We appreciate your honest review.

2. "N/A"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst Intern

I have been working at Windstream full-time

Pros

Great environmen, flexible community, good learning environmen, work from home chanc, independently working environment

Cons

Money is not good, their business was not doing well, less benefit, bad health Insuranc, no future security

June 8, 2020Windstream Talent

We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with the pay/benefits Windstream offers. We're always looking to improve our offerings to our employees as we consider them to be our greatest asset. Please consider contacting our Working with Integrity Website www.tnwgrc.com/webreport to provide a description of your experience at Windstream.

3. "Solid company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Director in Herndon, VA

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture to work in

Cons

Lots of turnover, slows progress

July 2, 2020Windstream Talent

We appreciate your honest review and are glad to hear you were happy with the Windstream culture and environment

"Only thing good there are the people you work with."

Former Employee - Network Technician in Export, PA

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People I worked with and I did make a lot of money when there was a ton of overtime.

Cons

Benefits are horrible and upper mgmt are crooks

June 29, 2020Windstream Talent

We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with the pay/benefits Windstream offered. We're always looking to improve our offerings to our employees as we consider them to be our greatest asset.

5. "Wish we communicated better"

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel good about products/ services we offer customers.

Cons

The communication between parts of the company is poor often leaving us with no way to help the customer resolve the issues besides another transfer. This leaves the customers very angry and with us to pick up the pieces.

June 26, 2020Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly looking to improve our overall transparency and communication. If you would like to provide us with additional information regarding your situation or have suggestions/ideas for us, please call Windstream’s Working with Integrity Helpline 1-888-898-3990 or visit Windstream’s Working with Integrity Website www.tnwgrc.com/webreport to provide us with a description of your situation. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review!

6. "Getting better and better...deserves review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture - bigger focus on culture recently with new Employee Resource Groups that focus on diversity and inclusion. - Growing company that is exiting restructuring stronger than before. - Great products - Focus on customer experience gets better all the time - Benefits and time off are good - Ability to work from home is great! - Tuition reimbursement - Ongoing training

Cons

- would love more advancement opportunities, but that is currently being worked on.

June 22, 2020Windstream Talent

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you feel happy in the direction that we as an organization works hard for daily. We appreciate your honest review and are glad to hear you are happy with the Windstream culture and environment

7. "Windstream has provided me with many advancement opportunies for me to have been employed for over 20 years with them!"

Current Employee - Service Activation Technician III in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Constant changing environment Advancement Opportunities Challenging work environment keeps away boredom Great coworkers who are always willing to help Great pay, healthcare and vacation

Cons

Unexpected issues on an order can be frustrating and stressful. We do try to plan for everything. The environment is constantly changing to meet customer's needs so we need to move with them. Some folks may not like change, but most get used to it.

June 22, 2020Windstream Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest review! We appreciate it and are glad to hear you are happy with the Windstream culture and environment. We work hard to offer an inclusive and happy work environment for all.

8. "Keep it up"

Current Employee - BST in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Complexity there if wanted and so is simplicity.

Cons

Anything can always be better but they could be worse.

June 22, 2020Windstream Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest review!

9. "What a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Windstream values me as an employee

Cons

You might have a heavy workload

June 22, 2020Windstream Talent

Success is what we all strive for and we are glad you are finding that with Windstream. We thank you for your review and look forward to you continuing to be part of our success.

10. "Teamwork and Innovation"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Customer is the priority, good communication to employees, strong on telecommuting, support for continuing education, support for innovation. I work with a great team and each day is different, I am never bored.

Cons

Career path may be limited, training programs are limited, structural change is constant

June 22, 2020Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your training as a Windstream employee. We encourage all employees to discuss these situations with your manager and HR, as our employees' training and development are important to us. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review!

Found 1497 reviews