Windstream Reviews | Glassdoor

Windstream Reviews

Updated April 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Cons

1. "SMB REPAIR ANSWER SPECIALIST II"

Current Employee - Specialist I Enterprise Facility Technician in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Windstream (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team Work / Assistance from management as needed

Cons

Lack of consistency with internal daily programs

2. "Good luck"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Windstream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

product suite, client base, paetec legacy

Cons

terrible management, locally and upper , no room for growth, internal system are horrible and home grown , commissions never paid on time not even close , installs never work out , constant outages

Advice to Management

listen to employees, get out of the 1990s

3. "Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good upper management, flexible work hours, room for advancement

Cons

Very poor benefits, long term outlook isn't fantastic

5. "Per WIN Talent Acquisition Team request"

Current Employee - Engineering - Coordinator Pole Attachments in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get paid every 2 weeks

Cons

Focused on having all employees in Little Rock, encourage our products but then move jobs from OH to AR. Don't care about quality of work, only interested in greed and $$. No concern for employees, although pretend they are. Greed has taken over, too big too fast. Cuts to small teams when s/b cutting executives.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, they produce and pay your salary. Accept the talent you have and appreciate it. Focus on appreciating your employees, not punishing because they missed the 100 point stream point quota per week. Recognize the "silent" contributors more, not on the front line but show up and suit up each day. After 39 years I did not get a call or even an IM from Corp Management, that's very sad.

"There are great people there but upper management makes decisions that hurt the company, its employees, and customers"

Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Windstream full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and interesting work. There are different job types that may appeal to a broad range of skill sets. It can be a great starter technical job.

Cons

Uncompetitive pay and benefits. Terrible company vision. Too many broken promises from leadership. They are scared to change even though things aren't working. They have only grown by buying other companies which adds to the confusion.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do and listen to people with ideas different from your own. Don't be so threatened by them.

"Good Company going through growing pains"

Former Employee - Order Review in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Order Review in Greenville, SC

I worked at Windstream (More than a year)

Pros

Windstream is a good company that is going through some growing companies as they combine nine companies and ways of doing things into one. A lot of really hard working professionals.

Advice to anyone new to Windstream be careful who you associate with and work as hard as you to make yourself as valuable as possible. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Make sure you provide a stable work environment for employees. At times some supervisors seemed to focus too much on small things such as minor use of cell phones. There were stories of people who were walked out for having them out. However, my experience with managers was very positive though.

8. "Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Akron, OH

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture driven work force, care about employees

Cons

General basic type of work environment - a lot of cubicles

Advice to Management

None

Windstream Response

Nov 18, 2016 – Human Resource

Work environment and culture is very important. Thank you for the review and over ten years of service to Windstream!

9. "Awesome Place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst II in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Analyst II in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great working environment, flexible hours, advancement opportunities, comparable pay, team building and on the job training skills provided, and a solid upper management.

Cons

In my opinion there are not many down sides to working here at Windstream. I have been fortunate enough to have managers and co workers who have been wonderful people and that is an important part of a job since we spend anywhere from 8-10 hours of our day here.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to show employees immediate appreciation who dedicate their time to achieve the goals set before them. It is not always enough for people to just receive a pay check. Every human being wants to be shown how much they are needed and that can come in the way of small tokens that would mean the world to individuals. We all have families and things that take up our mind and time but as managers that oversee a group or groups its the small tokens that count. Show more love and appreciation in the day to day interactions and employees will have no choice but to follow the leader.

10. "Wonderful company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Windstream is a phenomenal company to work for. We are constantly improving our processes and enpowering a staff that is world class by continuously training and staying ahead of the competition.

Cons

Honeslty.. i cannot come up with a con. Maybe the day after Thanksgiving off and allowing for employees to accrue time and/or buy time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and staying abreast of the competition and finding ways to best them!

11. "Customer Care Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Windstream (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to make lots of money beyond the salary, if you've got sales in your blood.

Cons

Insanely complicated computer systems to learn. The customer care position is a-a-a-all sales driven. And be prepared to clock in and out for everything. If you're an attendance-challenged employee, you won't last here.

Advice to Management

None