Wine Country Gift Baskets Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Timothy Dean

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Call Center that Cares about call takers and reacts to customer issues quickly"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Wine Country Gift Baskets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Call Center and OPC work together. OPC is where non phone orders are entered and Administration is where customer account actions are handled. I have always felt I had a voice working here as the communication process within the team is outstanding and I feel valued and appreciated. Our opinions and advice are sought on a regular basis. There is a strong front line/customer centric orientation on this team.

I have worked here several years and find the company more than willing to go the extra yard for their customers. The only rule is to make the situation right for the customer. I have sent so many overnight orders out free due to late deliveries, resent entire gifts due to errors often made by customers. I have never been told to ratchet down my service. Most everyone works like this at the company. This is the first call center I have worked at where there is no talk time goal. They are sincere about staying on the phone as along as it takes to help the customer and solve the problem on the first call

There are many seasonal Temp positions at the end of the year but since no one leaves that has a permanent job here; there are seldom any new openings. Most in call center have been there at the least 8 years up to over 20. So yes I would say its a great work environment.

Cons

Company has bought several other companies over the last couple of years and is still trying to figure out what is best way to offer their goods to customers. There is no more down time as in the past the full time crew is only 30 spread over 7 days to support the new companies added, so we are kept busy.

Advice to Management

Hire more full timers. Some hiccups with the new phone system for a couple of days in December, but never had any technical issues with it in the past so it must be isolated.

2. "Gift consultant"

Current Employee - Gift Consultant in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Gift Consultant in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Wine Country Gift Baskets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You literally have power to give customers whatever they want to keep them 100% satisfied

Cons

Its only seasonal which sucks!

3. "Corp. Sales"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Wine Country Gift Baskets (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products, company provides good training.

Cons

A lot of seasonal jobs but very few full time jobs

4. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Wine Country Gift Baskets (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Employees are appreciated here.

Cons

Nothing for me to complain about.

5. "Full time less than a year"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fullerton, CA

Pros

Great environment, nice people, good supervisor

Cons

worked less than a year and see no cons yet.

6. "Why you should work at Houdini"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Wine Country Gift Baskets (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.
    Friendly office environment.

Cons

Seasonal position.
    At the end of December seasonal employees are layed off.

Advice to Management

Create more stable positions.

7. "Seasonal Position"

Former Employee - Lead Administrative in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Administrative in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Wine Country Gift Baskets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are great and very helpful. The company does holiday prize raffles and you get discounted gift baskets during a specific sale.

Cons

The only con I can think of was this was a temporary position with no room to join on as a permanent employee after the season was over.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your staff good and they will keep coming back for the following years and you will have a good satisfaction rate with customers.

8. "Worked there for two "seasons"."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fullerton, CA

Pros

Just another dead end job for the holidays, really. Although, I wouldn't call the dead end part a pro.

Cons

I don't understand why there are so many glowing reviews. I am suspect. Are these really former employees or the current, permanent staff trying to lure in more people desperate for a job during the holiday season?

Do not be taken in by the "family atmosphere" speech recruiters, trainers, & supervisors spew out. It's a just another call center and one of the worst I've worked at. Here is why:

1-They are ALL disorganized. From scheduling, to training, to mentoring. Not one of the permanent staff have a clue about what is going on, where new recruits are supposed to go and often give conflicting information. This spells disaster when people actually get on the floor.

2- The arrogance and passive-aggressiveness of the permanent staff is disgusting. They do not like questions, do not like to clarify what they say, and get annoyed if they have to repeat themselves. Hey! Guess what? If so many new trainees don't understand you, it's because YOU aren't being clear enough.

3-No one ever picks up the phone. I don't understand this! I've called HR, front desk and my own supervisor and not one person ever picks up the phone. It's absolutely frustrating.

4- Those lines about "Make sure the customer is happy", "Do everything for the customer" are lies! WCGB does not want to give discounts; does not want to ship out new baskets and the customers KNOW this. Also, the Customer Service supervisors are horrible people. I worked the morning shift and all they did was gossip and talk bad about the customers as well as the new recruits.

This is a terrible work environment, even for a call center. I am not the only one who feels like this. There are plenty of others in several training groups who griped or left during lunch and didn't return. I quit for greener pastures. Oh, and the baskets suck! Overpriced junk. I'm amazed they've kept in business this long.

Advice to Management

Just read the Con section. I wish I could call out people by name. There were several people I wish I had told off before leaving.

9. "Houdini Inc. why bother.."

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Wine Country Gift Baskets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good warehouse system and equipment.

Cons

Seasonal, no chance of permanent work.

Advice to Management

Hire full time permanent employees. Having to re train people every fee months is a huge waste of money and time.

10. "Seasonal Customer Service Rep/Lead"

Former Employee - Call Center Lead in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Lead in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Wine Country Gift Baskets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Team Environment. Fast Paced. Discounts. Bonuses

Cons

Hire a huge load of seasonal workers each year so its easy to be overlooked and underexposed.

Advice to Management

Hold on to the Keepers that do want to stick around because they enjoy it.