Wingspan Portfolio Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Steven Horne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This led to poor management due to lack of knowledge regarding servicing platforms and software used (in 8 reviews)

• Most team leads don't even know how to underwrite a file, but are quick to tell you how to do your job (in 3 reviews)

1. "Merged with Chase"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they attempted to honor those grandfathered in
    texas site seems/seemed to be rather successful

Cons

the company seemed to bite off more than they could chew

2. "Various Projects"

Former Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL

Pros

I loved my co-workers, supervisors and AVP's.

Cons

Worked contract to contract so no paid time off. Wingspan shut our operations building down the end of June 2015 and declared bankruptcy.

3. "They are bankrupt for a reason"

Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL

Pros

Great pay
    great direct manager
    pretty good office environment (co-workers)
    break room
    pool table

Cons

Lack of structure
    Lack of support from management
    No opportunities to advance to new roles

Advice to Management

Put your employee first

4. "HR"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced - start up company that had a future. New approach to default mortgage management.

Cons

Company lost its way and went out of business - failed to envision the future and to adapt.

Advice to Management

They are out of business.

5. "KARMA"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a newer company. So opportunity for advancement was actually obtainable. Job wasn't difficult - repetitive maybe, but not difficult. Great place to initiate a career in mortgage servicing. I was promoted fairly quickly.

Cons

Wow. Let's see..

We've relocated MULTIPLE times. Management wasn't really knowledgeable.. There was always some type drama going on. Whether it be management - employee physical relation.. or use getting threatened by the government (illegal practices)

Advice to Management

Learn the services you penalize your employees for not knowing. This was an Entry Level job.. Quit making sssumptions that everyone instantaneously knows everything.

6. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very nice people to work with

Cons

Traning was just horrible .All over the place.

Advice to Management

Be honest

7. "Mortgage Consulting"

Former Employee - QUALITY ANALYST/PROCESS IMPROVEMENT COACH in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - QUALITY ANALYST/PROCESS IMPROVEMENT COACH in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair and comfortable work environment. Other employees were supportive of one another and great to work with.

Cons

Mismanaged; thus filed bankruptcy and all employees out of work.

"A Cautionary Tale - If I could give zero stars, I would."

Former Employee - Remediatioin/Modification Analyst in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Remediatioin/Modification Analyst in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New coffee and vending machines in the break room.

Cons

Sadly, pretty much everything else.

Advice to Management

Don't run your new company (Agility 360) into the ground like you did Wingspan Portfolio Advisors.

I did not choose to work for WPA. I was a JPMorgan Chase employee and, when Chase transferred ownership of our site to WPA, we all had the option to quit or become WPA employees. At first, it was not bad. I still did the same work with the same people on the same systems but instead of being an employee of Chase, I was a Chase 'consultant' employed by WPA.

And then came the payroll errors. The first round happened because WPA decided to switch to a new payroll system before testing it. The new system crashed and burned and they couldn't get back to the old system quickly. For a few weeks, we kept track of our hours on spreadsheets. Even when we got back on the original payroll system, vacation hours weren't paid in a timely manner and the balances of our vacation time would change for no apparent reason. I know of one person who did not receive a paycheck one Friday; they just 'forgot' to pay her. Even though they managed to cut her check the following Tuesday, in my mind, such an error is inexcusable. WPA also had a bad habit of deducting funds from employee paychecks for insurance, 401k, etc and then not sending the money to the company in question. I ran into that problem myself in January 2015. When I tried to file a surgery claim with my supplemental insurance, I found out that the insurance company hadn't been paid in 8 months and my coverage was cancelled. It took about 3 months and 3 members of senior management to get it corrected. The typical HR response to any issue varied from indifference to outright hostility. When WPA accidentally increased my vacation balance by 20 hours, it took 2 months and 3 emails to get that fixed, even though the error was in their favor.

WPA has a whole laundry list of other flaws as well; a basic internet search will turn up all those tales of woe. In late 2014, a number of executives were forced to leave the company. The idea was to make a fresh start, repair WPA's image, and turn the corporate culture around. But the efforts were too little, too late.

Wingspan Portfolio Advisors filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in July 2015 and really no longer exists as a company. So why bother to write a review? Because a number of the executives who were forced out in late 2014 are now executives at other companies, such as Agility 360. Many of these people laid the groundwork for the failure of WPA and they are in positions to do it all again. And even if they have learned their lessons, there are plenty more people out there like them.

I have always believed that if you do your best for your employer and prove your value, then good things will happen. But, sadly, that is not always true. There are certain warning signs that shouldn't be ignored. In hindsight, I think that some of those payroll "errors" may have been a symptom of a company scrounging for money. I still have every intention of doing my best for my future employers but I have learned that all the loyalty in the world will not save a sinking ship. And, if your employer has no loyalty to you, no one will even throw you a life ring.

9. "Crash and Burn"

Former Employee - Quality Specialist II/Data Analyst in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Specialist II/Data Analyst in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio (More than a year)

Pros

It was a steady paycheck.

Cons

The overall environment was: you must maintain a 100% quality on all aspects of your daily data entry input or be fired and you are not going through enough files per day. Work Faster and Do Not make any mistakes. Employees were expected to do this with little to no training, extremely rudimentary tools that required multiple repetitive keystrokes. There is no upper or even lateral movement within Wingspan. You are a contract/temp worker.

Advice to Management

Rethink your business model. It is unsustainable as proven by the bankruptcy and closure of the business.

10. "not good. not good at all"

Former Employee - Modification Processor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Modification Processor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay, got full-time status after 90 days. TLs were mostly knowledgeable about their job.

Cons

no overtime, piss-poor management. no opportunity for advancement. though they say they have an "open door" policy the execs reaaaalllly could not care less about you or your problems.

Advice to Management

don't belittle your own employees to the point that no one wants to work for you. give them a reason to come in everyday.