Winshuttle Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Pierson

Pros
  • The work life balance is also good (in 9 reviews)

• Some good people - many under appreciated and under valued (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Career growth obviously depends on how much the company is able to grow in the next few years (in 4 reviews)

• High employee turnover for a small company (in 4 reviews)

"Work Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can talk to your manager about anything - there's no hierarchy or anything.
    People know the products and work hard to make us known.
    Management appreciate new ideas. Even the CEO emails request for them!
    My colleagues are so friendly and it's a good and positive working atmosphere in our office.
    So many social activities - bowling night, summer party, bake off event, Oktoberfest and we participate in a number of charity events throughout the year too. There are so many ways to get involved!

Cons

We need to be more known!

"Best company i have worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Joining Winshuttle has without doubt been the best choice I have ever made for my career. Since I have started here I have grown so much professionally - my skill set has increased, I am constantly challenged in a good way and I am far more commercially aware. My favourite thing about working here is that I can see the direct impact and value my work brings to the company globally, being a young professional I never thought I could have this impact in my career so early on. The company is very collaborative globally and we have some excellent, talented inviduals who work very hard and who you can learn from. Ideas are well received and actioned from Management – I have first-hand experience of this as I am constantly coming up with new ideas! We also have focus groups to increase employee satisfaction and employees surveys. We have dedicated committees to making the office and working environment fun, organizing various charitable events throughout the year to give back and finally another group who sends out communisations so keep all office in the loop and get to know everybody on a more personal levels.
    Winshuttle is genuinely a great company to work for and I would happily recommend them to anybody who is thinking joining - regardless of the department you would be based in.

Cons

I haven't experienced or witnessed anything to list as a "con" since I have started working here. Reading through some of the previous cons listed I would have to disagree strongly. The most common point made seems to be about leadership and communication - I wouldn't expect leadership to commutate their every move to me as I trust what they are doing. I know there are some positive changes happening within leadership and some restructuring - I guess this is proof that the company does listen and act on feedback as many reviews here have said they need to make changes at this level. No doubt somebody else will criticise this next and say there has been too many changes within leadership – You can’t win or please everyone! Regarding communication, we have monthly AND quarterly meetings (as well as weekly meetings with our own Managers).

Advice to Management

Carry making this an excellent place to work.

"Brilliant Culture, Brilliant Products, Brilliant People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Winshuttle has 3 fantastic assets: its culture, products and people. The products are the highlight of our organisation. They add real and instant value to our customers – it’s a shame they aren’t better known about in the market.

The culture here is friendly and collaborative with a fantastic group of hard working, supportive and passionate people surrounding you. This makes working here a positive experience; I've never felt disheartened about coming to work in the mornings - even on Mondays.

Cons

Our market presence is not well known yet, this needs changing. Our messaging and marketing needs reinvigorating, we seem to have been doing the same stuff for a while.

Advice to Management

Keep the product quality high and current and the rest will follow.

"Great to add value to customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products
    Nice office location
    Excellent technical support team - real friendly
    Its nice to feel you are adding value to customers
    Approachable managers

Cons

Some growing pains but that is to be expected

Advice to Management

Keep folks aligned to our common growth goal

"Good for a short stint - certainly not a place to build a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Winshuttle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great social events

- Genuinely good product that solves business problems

- Respectable salary and benefits package

- Relative flexible working depending on your job

- A few really good and genuine colleagues who work hard

- Very honorable and humble company founders

- Can have a good experience depending on who your line manager is

Cons

- Dis organised outfit, no alignment within the business - people pulling in all directions

- Over priced for what they offer, competitors offer the similar solutions for a fraction of the price

- Failed to grow solution offering at the pace of industry

- Frequent line manager changes, frequent commission structure changes

- Training, Coaching, Shadowing initiatives that were proposed - were not delivered

- Will hire you for a particular role and then change the role at the drop of the hat without any due consideration or communication.

- Power hungry senior management - a few BIG ego's in a small pond - who lack vision, direction and inspiration. Old boys club from the earlier days still running the show.

- Senior management have their favorites - very easy and clear for all to see in a politically charged environment. Regardless of how good you are, a lot of your success is determined by your friendships within management. A few members of senior management seem to like the sound of their own voice and their 'Godfather' type attitudes take away a lot of the gloss from this otherwise Okay company.

- Poor performers often protected by their 'friends'

- High employee turnover for a small company

Advice to Management

Learn to empower your workforce

"OK but Not Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Winshuttle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really good people. Office was ok, location also was pretty good.
    Worked hard to improve some basic offerings

Cons

Management bolt at shadows. Don't encourage free thinking - creativity or originality is seen as a less than desirable attribute. Left due to conflicting messages from US and UK leadership

Advice to Management

Don't be so afraid of the new