Winshuttle Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
John Pierson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free work environment and and great work life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Some good people - many under appreciated and under valued (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management has no product knowledge (in 6 reviews)

• And they can either take a demotion or leave the company (in 3 reviews)

"Winshuttle is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

 I love the work environment and culture! Everyone has been super friendly and helpful from day one.
     The onboarding process was extremely organized and made me feel very welcome and wanted as a new employee.
     I’m not micro-managed.
     Fun social activities/events.
     The new CEO is doing a great job making the necessary changes for the well-being of the company.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Shedding talent"

I worked at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Good environment. Great office. Some great people there.

Cons

Shedding talent. Change can be good, but there has been an exodus over the last year. Upper management is clueless, company keeps shifting directions, and is probably at least 1-2 years away from achieving positive forward momentum and stability.

"Optimistcally Optimistic"

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Let me start off by saying, to all the negative reviews posted on here stating that people should "hit the want ads" or "go work at McDonalds", those people most likely have nothing more to contribute to a successful company then asking "would you like fries with that?"

I enjoy working at this company. I am not saying it hasn't had its ups and downs. But any good person with a decent work ethic knows that you have to take the good with the bad (to an extent). If you are a hard worker who treats this as your career you have a great chance of being successful here. The work/life balance is great. The pay is actually reasonable compared to other similar positions out there in most cases. The company tries to do fun outings (when they have the budget) such as beer Friday gatherings at the end of the day each month, company holiday parties, team building activities, sending colleagues in the other global offices to other location to help build team moral and knowledge share. Most of the employees (not all) are great people and a lot of them consider each other more of a family the colleagues. In the past people had not felt supported by upper management at all, and there used to be no growth/career path. That has since changed, better late then never I guess.

This company has a vision, and it seems like a more reasonable vision with the newer CEO compared to the previous. Ideas and feedback seem generally welcomed. I personally have never had a negative run in with CEO. The other reviews about him seem very harsh. Also, what company doesn't have the majority of people who try to kiss up to higher ups to look good? If you claim to never do that, you are lying.

Cons

I may disagree with the negative comments about the CEO, but I do agree with others when they say that upper management have no idea about Winshuttle's product. Company wide announcements are almost never made so you get to hear things through the grapevine aka wildfire rumor mill. The comments about HR writing a positive review after every negative is true. As long as current HR is still there everyone should be scared of losing their job. Also, if you don't have an MBA under your belt, don't expect to be taken seriously by HR.

Beware remote employees. Unless you are in sales, do not expect to be able to work from home without serious flack. Upper management still have the belief that working from home should be looked down upon. This is unfortunate. Working from home is the future. I have seen many good employees be nothing short of given an ultimatum. Live in another state? Too bad, move closer on your own dollar or resign. Similar to that regard, there have been very smart people with great skills and ideas to contribute who out of nowhere get told “your position is no longer available”. And they can either take a demotion or leave the company. Which would you choose?

Advice to Management

REALIZE the talent you have and do everything you can to hold onto it. Just because someone may work remote or out of state, or does not have a masters degree does NOT mean they are useless. Hire another SAP Basis/Security person ASAP. You seem to have no idea how significant this type of role is at an SAP software company. Only one employee to support an entire company globally both internally and externally is not enough. Pay attention. Hear both sides of a story and do not succumb to upper management because they cannot take constructive criticism.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Great work culture
    Very competent leadership team and CEO
    Great Work- Life Balance

Cons

None that I can think of

"Headed in the right direction with a focus and urgency"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great customer base with the majority deriving terrific value
    - Solid teams that are working well together and improving
    - Very little internal politics
    - Genuinely good people and culture

Cons

- Doesn't provide enough feedback to weak performers

Advice to Management

- Acquire other companies to scale even faster
    - Continue to set the bar high as you hire people

"slip sliding away"

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Still a few awesome people left here, but more leaving by the week... going to be HARD to attract good talent in good 'ol Bothell.

Cons

If you want to work for a CEO who prides himself on solving things with "Strategy, then Structure, then Staff" (ie - "staff" comes strictly LAST in that progression - watch your back, no loyalty at all), then this is the place for you. not sure I trust him after he helped to orchestrate the departure of the previous CEO and the Co-founder (brother-in-law of the other founder!) so he could make this his kingdom. people are now leaving him and finding better jobs, pay and benefits elsewhere, I'm looking as I type this and it'll be great when I get to resign

Advice to Management

find a way to sell this place for penny's on the dollar and call it a day

"The Best Career Choice I Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional Product, Passionate Leadership, Team Building, Rewarding, Excellent Work/Life Balance, Diversity of Responsibilities, Outstanding Compensation and Benefits

Cons

Really cannot think of negatives

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate and reward your employees as you have done consistently since the inception of the company.

"Moving in right direction"

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Company adjusting direction, great company culture, who's who customer list, very happy customers, good work life balance, reasonable comp & benefits

Cons

Need to broaden product beyond SAP, need faster and more new product features, too much baggage from legacy employees, founders need to move to the sidelines, need more growth to create more career opportunities

Advice to Management

Make product improvements faster, improve product quality, move beyond SAP

"Crap Place - Hit the Want Ads Again!!! ASAP!"

I have been working at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Beer Friday (although some drink too much - huge liability)

Cons

Everything is bad!! Really, really bad!!! Get out soon....like I have almost done (1 interview away). ***I have not completrd Ratings as "zero" is not an option****

Advice to Management

All of you should be working at McDonalds!! Well, I don't know if you can get "Do you want fries with that?" right!!...or you'd eat the fries and point at someone else and say "He did it"!! Classic Winshuttle upper 'management' (word used very lightly......more like monkeys).

"Niche Player Trying to Run Enterprise Playbook"

I worked at Winshuttle full-time

Pros

Enthusiastic user base
    Good work-life balance
    Lots of chances to interact with customers

Cons

Stuck in a low value niche
    Weak implementation of "Lean Startup" approach hurts quality
    Management captive to founders who are overly enamored with what they built

Advice to Management

Stop kidding yourselves. You are solving twenty-year old problems with ten-year old technology. That's a nice little niche that could feed a small team but it's not a foundation for an enterprise software company. You have minimal value to SAP, minimal value to Microsoft, and minimal value to SIs. No one loves you except your users and they are too low level to have real influence. You use "Lean" and "Agile" as excuses to rush half-baked solutions out the door. Either actually be Lean and do a genuine pivot to build something that has greater value or slash your bloated dev, sales, and support teams and milk your customers for maintenance revenue.