Found 4 of over 129 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great for people who enjoy outdoor activities and aren't looking for night life." (in 11 reviews)
- "Good benefits and sense of community." (in 7 reviews)
- "You get a free pass which is good because you wouldn't be able to afford one." (in 6 reviews)
- "Winter Park Resort creates and fun and friendly work environment, and also allows you to progress within the company." (in 6 reviews)
- "The free ski pass is a nice perk." (in 3 reviews)
- "Pay is low" (in 11 reviews)
- "In addition, most of the supervisors are not good managers in terms of bringing out the best in their employees." (in 3 reviews)
- "Though supervisors are genuinely friendly and good people and willing to hear concerns, gender bias on assigning lessons is quite common." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Winter Park Resort and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "winter park"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 20, 2017Ski InstructorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWinter Park, CO
I loved working at Winter Park Resort, because I love being outdoors, and the view and fresh air of the mountains every day. I first started my job as a ski instructor at Winter Park in December 2013. I received wonderful training from the experienced ski instructors with the Winter Park Ski + Ride School who taught me introductory skiing techniques for teaching children and adults. The supervisors were very welcoming and my other fellow ski instructors I became very good friends with and enjoyed skiing on the mountain with them any chance I could get. One of the best pros of working for Winter Park Resort was getting an all-access ski pass and the schedule was quite flexible. I also obtained Level 1 Certification during my employment at Winter Park through the Professional Ski Instructors of America.
I cannot say there were many cons to working at Winter Park Resort. It was difficult at times keeping the young skiers warm and having a fun time on the mountain. What was neat about our program was we provided a lunch which was included in the full-day ski lesson. It was also hard at times to keep the children from missing their mom's and dad's while teaching them how to ski, but I was able to be a rapport with my students and we had a good day each time on the mountain. The children and adults loved the chance to go warm up inside and get hot chocolate.
- 4.0Jun 15, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Amazing place to work and play! I had an amazing supervisor and really enjoyed my time at Winter Park Resort. Like they say 'you come for the winters, but stay for the summers'.
Health benefits are less than impressive. You do not pay a ton up front, but when you need to use insurance, you realize what you really do not have.1Winter Park Resort Response9y
Great to hear your feedback, we also love the summers in Winter Park! We are always trying to find a good balance between employees satisfaction and being a productive business so we appreciate your comments regarding a part of our benefits package. We review our employee benefits several times throughout the year and we will pass your feedback onto our benefits team. Thank you!