Wintrust Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Hrobon

Pros
  • We have employee appreciation trips on Lake Michigan, Arlington Race Track, Top Golf, as well as an annual Holiday Party (in 5 reviews)

• Great Company with competitive rates (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Loan officers blame everyone for everything and they don't do their job correctly (in 4 reviews)

• The only con I have is we don't get Bank Holidays off and vacation days don't roll over (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Class Act"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wintrust has grown so fast over the past few years, and I personally feel that there is still a "family" atmosphere between all staff no matter what their title. Family is first and they understand that and work with you to balance that out.

Over the years they have also treated not just sales, but the staff with incentives being that interdepartmental goals to reach, or company wide to go on a trip. This makes it fun and competitive. We have employee appreciation trips on Lake Michigan, Arlington Race Track, Top Golf, as well as an annual Holiday Party. The themes and venue's are outstanding. They get better and better each year.

Wintrust supports our community! Weather it is someone's personal fundraiser for breast cancer for a loved one, Autism, Down Syndrome or stair climb, or Building homes in our community. They are there, not just financially, but hands on.

Cons

None to list at this time

Advice to Management

Please keep the family culture. As we grow, sometimes that is hard to keep the focus there. Recognizing your employees, offering incentives, and including your employees in the direction of the company keep us all wanting to work here.

Feb 22, 2017

We are glad that even through our growth we have been able to maintain our culture. Giving back to our employees who put in hard work is the right thing to do, and we will continue doing that no ... More

2. "Powerful Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started with Wintrust Mortgage over 7 yrs ago. Wintrust is an amazing company to work for.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make. I did not leave because of the company. Wintrust Mortgages staff, from entry level to Executive, helped me to become a better employee! I have grown professionally and mentally. I will never forget what this company has done for me!

I recommend employment at Wintrust Mortgage and will be cheering this company on in the background! Thank you for all of the kind words to make my final weeks memorable! Wintrust Mortgage will always be a part of my story!

Cons

No company is perfect, your job/career is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for believing in me! Thank you for the support during the past 7 years! Continue to build up our family culture!

*Smile Patrol*

May 26, 2017

Thank you so much for all of your contributions throughout your tenure here at Wintrust Mortgage. Your work ethic and positive attitude is infectious, and it brought everyone around you to another ... More

3. "Sr. Mortgage Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wintrust Mortgage is licensed to originate loans in all 50 States and since it’s Federally chartered, originators are under this umbrella. All loan are processed and underwritten in-house which allows for expedited turn times for closing loans and makes the experience better to the consumer. Wide variety of loan products to offer consumers the best options available to them: Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA Home Loans. Wintrust Mortgage has a family like culture, which is great to be part of. Benefits offered are: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and compensation is generous. Marketing materials that are available to originators are valuable and you can have items customized for you by the marketing department.

Cons

Maximum 401k annual company contribution is $2,000.00.

5. "California employee"

Former Employee - Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great platform bank plus flexible product line. Good benefits. Great company under prior management. All that changed in 10-2016. Not the same company.

Cons

Terrible unattached management in operations. Not sales oriented. Will be downfall of company. Corporate is leaving CA to their own resources. Sr leaders need to hear local employees. Manage by intimidation Every employee in fear of being fired.

Advice to Management

CEO and Chicago SR exec need to listen to the current CA employees in a safe environment. The prior company was excellent under Keith and Ian and current company philosophy change of management in complete denial Will cause demise of CA. New management from Prospect will ruin this well run company.

Apr 28, 2017

Thank you for filling out a review of your time with Wintrust Mortgage. We work closely with all of our regions to ensure that the company mission, vision, and values are promoted equally at all of ... More

6. "Sr. Mortgage Loan Originator"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Originator in South Barrington, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Originator in South Barrington, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management team that cares and helps achieve my goals. Can lend in all 50 states. Not stuck to just Wintrust Products (Correspondent and broker abilities). High Comp plan. Local processing and underwriting. Great marketing tools. Awesome awards ceremony and trip.

Cons

Origination software bugs, which they are working on to improve.

Feb 22, 2017

Thank you for the five star review! We encourage our managers to coach and develop the employees that they manage because when our employees grow, so does the organization. We keep as much of the ... More

7. "Wintrust Mortgage: A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wintrust Mortgage’s culture, professional growth opportunities, and employee benefits altogether make working here a pleasure. Each and every person who works at Wintrust Mortgage has a great work ethic and personality that contribute to the company's positive atmosphere. The opportunity to grow professionally is always present and encouraged. In addition to great benefits, Wintrust Mortgage rewards employees with fun Appreciation Days in the summer and a wonderful winter Holiday Party. The various volunteer events that the company holds throughout the year accomplish both giving back to the community and creating a sense of community itself among employees at Wintrust Mortgage.

Cons

I have only positive feedback for Wintrust Mortgage.

Feb 22, 2017

Ensuring that we have the best employees in the industry is key to our success. It is important that our employees know their responsibilities, but just as important is that they are a cultural fit ... More

8. "Culture, people and future"

Current Employee - Sales in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful culture where people care about you and your future. Excellent career advancement opportunities. Employees are treated fairly and with respect.

Cons

None to speak of. If there were major cons, I wouldn't be working here.

Advice to Management

Keep on caring about your employees and continue to recognize them as people, not a number.

Feb 22, 2017

Thank you for filling out a review of your experience working at Wintrust Mortgage. One of the things that make Wintrust Mortgage special is that we do care about our employees. We are glad to see ... More

9. "Company that surpasses ALL OTHERS!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Wintrust has been a great experience. I know that if you take the time to create a team that is professional, understands that integrity and quality is as important as quantity, WINTRUST wins! Wintrust has an excellent staff of top executives, directors and managers in each department that create a team exuding positive atmosphere in exchange for good quality from each segment of the operations team. I feel like the mindset is that each part of the work chain creates a better end result. The corporate culture is so uplifting and positive! What sets us apart from other corporations is that everyone takes a moment and LISTENS to suggestions and truly considers them in order for a process to run smoother, better, and with more efficiency ultimately creating a better product in the industry. The company also remembers to give back to the community with Summer Employee Appreciation Days, Holiday Parties and Habitat for Humanity events, to build outwards from within and create a well -deserved positive influence outwards.

Cons

There are no CONS that I can think of right now. It is too bad every corporation doesn't model itself on their policies!

Advice to Management

I would hope that senior managers listen to employees' and industry's concerns and find a way to continue STRONGLY!

Feb 22, 2017

We are glad you have enjoyed your experience working at Wintrust Mortgage! Creating a positive work environment and fostering growth in each employee is a top initiative here. We believe that happy ... More

10. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A culture of integrity is a primary benefit from my point of view. Wintrust Mortgage has excellent leadership, great benefits, great people, and financial stability, The benefits of a larger company with the culture associated with a smaller one makes it a great place to work.

Cons

When Rosemont Convention Center is active, traffic can be congested.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to the future. Keep doing what you are doing. This a great company and a great place to work!

Feb 22, 2017

Thanks for the great review! Operating in a transparent manner, with employees who know that doing the right thing is of the utmost importance is part of what makes Wintrust Mortgage so great. Know ... More

"Closer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Wintrust Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short commute, good management team

Cons

Bias and very clicky. Felt out of place. Unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like employees instead of your friends.

Oct 10, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your experience. It is unfortunate that you felt out of place during your tenure at Wintrust Mortgage. We do our best to create an environment of ... More