Cover image for Wintrust Mortgage

67% Recommend to a Friend
78% Approve of CEO

Found 110 of over 124 reviews

3.5
Wintrust Mortgage President & CEO David Hrobon (no image)
David Hrobon

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

7m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

224.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Wintrust Mortgage~385924
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Wintrust Mortgage? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Wintrust Mortgage employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wintrust Mortgage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Mar 2, 2023 - Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Really care about their employees.

Cons

Bigger company prone to layoffs

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Laid off - but not forgotten

Feb 15, 2023 - AVP-Operations Manager in Rosemont, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was laid off from Wintrust Mortgage in January. This is common in our industry today. Wintrust has been there for us from the day we were laid off. They gave us an opportunity to find a new role. I spoke with one of the recruiters and they advised they were instructed to help us as much as possible. How powerful is that? Wintrust gave us tools to help us after we were laid off! They still have our backs. We all know the mortgage industry is not where it should be now. The resources provided is what is helping me to move forward in my career search. The love through emails, and phone calls from my former peers was amazing. I have nothing but respect for Wintrust Mortgage and always will! Thank you for the amazing opportunity!

Cons

There are always Cons at a company, but nothing to see here!

3. Join the Wintrust Mortgage team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No support for learning the business

May 22, 2023 - Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology and underwriting Nice office No pressure to make money Teamwork

Cons

Not enough training not enough training poor mamangement poor support after closing

5. 2.0

It’s ok

May 4, 2023 - Loan Originator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and benefits

Cons

Management is ok not the best

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Sadly left

Feb 16, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company seamed to care about employees. Most of upper management was great to work with.

Cons

My immediate manager was bad at their job. The operations team was always the worst department to work with. Underwriting was inconsistent. Extremely lacked diversity.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Gist

Mar 4, 2023 - Loan Servicing Specialist in Rosemont, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good to their long time employees

Cons

Not much diversity. Seniority here matters

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

Low pay if you are not in Sales

Mar 20, 2023 - Disclosure Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good 401K contribution from the company

Cons

Low pay, minimal to no raises, favoritism towards Sales, poor company communication

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

It's OK for a mortgage company

Oct 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are able to have a flexible schedule. Since COVID lockdown, they were willing to let employees decide on whether they wanted to be remote or not.

Cons

Poor communication. I would like to see more transparency from management. They usually tell you one thing, and it ends up being another. There are good people in management and for a short time I had some GREAT managers that supported me and the decisions I made. And when you get those managers, you try to hold on to them as long as possible.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run not for everyone

Nov 29, 2022 - Disclosure Specialist in Rosemont, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bankers hours 8-5. No weekends.

Cons

Poor management and lack of communication.

11. 5.0

Loan Processor

Oct 6, 2022 - Loan Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% Remote employment, good environment with positive people

Cons

Compensate for hourly better while market is down, not providing cost of living raises

Viewing 1 - 10 of 110 Reviews
</>Embed

Wintrust Mortgage Reviews FAQs

Wintrust Mortgage has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 124 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Wintrust Mortgage to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wintrust Mortgage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wintrust Mortgage. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

67% of Wintrust Mortgage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wintrust Mortgage 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Wintrust Mortgage to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.