Wipfli Staff Accountant Reviews | Glassdoor

Staff Accountant

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rick Dreher

Pros
  • Great opportunity for work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Allow for flexible work schedule, when possible (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, I think at times we are still perfecting then one firm concept as some of the ways we do things can vary from office to office (in 3 reviews)

• Work a lot of hours for a little respect (in 2 reviews)

1. "Hard work is noticed and pays off."

Current Intern - Staff Accountant in Madison, WI
    Current Intern - Staff Accountant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Wipfli as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great firm culture. People are very willing to help even when they are busier than you are. Many different firm sponsored activities and opportunities to benefit their employees. Performance based growth.

Cons

Long hours during busy season. At the time of the internship we were under staffed for seniors and managers which equated to longer hours for all.

Advice to Management

More constructive criticism to guide employees in the right direction. Keep up the activities and opportunities for employees that show they are valued.

2. "Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Wausau, WI

Pros

Salary and benefits are nice

Cons

If you can make it through tax season then the rest of the year is great.

3. "The Company and its people have always been dry good to me"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Wipfli full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great variety of projects, great corporate culture. It's definitely a people-oriented firm with trustworthy leadership. Competitive benefits, too.

Cons

Experiences will vary between offices. Bigger, older offices will give more variety of experience upfront with more opportunity to specialize. This is not the case in smaller offices.

"Great people, great culture, and great opportunities"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wipfli full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wipfli has people that are amazing to work with. They have a culture that encourages transfer of knowledge and helping people achieve goals, as well as just making Wipfli a fun place to go to work everyday. The work is both challenging and rewarding and Wipfli helps you achieve your career goals by letting you choose your career path based on your experience, expertise, and interest that mutually benefits you as the firm.

Cons

I haven't experience many cons while working at Wipfli. One area that could use improvement is our approach to campus recruiting as I think we could do a better job being more visible to prospective student candidates and I believe we need to be on universities. Also, I think at times we are still perfecting then one firm concept as some of the ways we do things can vary from office to office.

Advice to Management

Continue perfecting the one firm concept, increase campus awareness, and I think there is room for expansion and purchase other firms in new regions to expand this great firm.

6. "A pretty good place to start a career"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Edina, MN

I have been working at Wipfli full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company as a whole has a large focus on employees having a good work/life balance and employees are considered more than just a number.

Cons

There are certain teams within the firm that are rather disfunctional. There is a resistance to change and there is a sense that employees have to serve their "time" rather than prove themselves through strong performance to move up or to have a say in the decision making process..