Wipro Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated June 21, 2017

United Kingdom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Average place to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people around you to work with - allows you a lot to learn from. Great place to be for sales professionals

Cons

Quite bad salary packages, very little appreciation from management for any delivery role, which is quite taken for granted.

Advice to Management

Need to focus more on people and less on senior managers. Too much of focus on sales and very little on deliver.

2. "it's an amazing experience of my career in this COMPANY"

Current Employee - TRADER EQUTY in Mumby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - TRADER EQUTY in Mumby, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly Environment, Careers opportunities & Family Success in My DESIGNATION .

Cons

Competition, Taking Challenges & insecurities towards my career goals and Growth prospects

Advice to Management

Great People to work with in the Company

"Not a place for women. Lacks global Workforce predominately Indian male culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of anything. Used to be a good Indian company lost all credentials in last few years. Hopefully new leadership will bring some positive changes

Cons

Bad leadership. Low salary. Lack of depth in service offerings. Highly duplicitous culture. Poor diversity. Women are discriminated against. Number of lawsuits.

Advice to Management

Start from scratch

"Integration Architect"

Current Employee - Lead SOA Architect in Solihull, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Lead SOA Architect in Solihull, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well laid down processes.. Large accounts. Nice campuses

Cons

Salary not competitive. Policies are old and not always employee friendly. A bit stuck with business model

Advice to Management

Try to encourage employees. Change in the policies. Align with the latest trends in the technology..

"Not for the faint-hearted...!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great variety of roles. If you negotiate hard, basic pay and bonus is good. The general 'Sunshine' nature of the Indian culture permeates through most of the organisation and can be a real pleasure to work in.

Cons

There is no 'Human' in the company HR culture - just Resource. The organisation appears to be run by the back-office function (in particular HR) which has created a 'cardboard cut-out' version of company culture and values to enable it to position itself alongside companies from developed economies. In doing so, the company presents a veneer of developed economy respectability which has been added to tick boxes concerning integrity, fair play and overall honesty in its dealings. Alongside these concerns, the cultural structure and accompanying nepotism means that only a very small number of people have decision making capability. The rest will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid being made to carry an 'R' or 'A' from the RACI matrix. Essentially, this culture is one that means you cannot trust most people to stand up and take ownership when things get difficult or look bad. The back office function is appalling by developed economy standards. You will rarely get anything achieved in a straightforward manner, despite the vast number of highly diverse and complex internal support systems. Again, there is nothing 'Human' in the treatment of employees from the perspective of individual support. If you can cope with doing everything yourself, including following up on even small things multiple times to get anything done, this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Many of you are highly educated and articulate people. Just wish you would walk-the-walk more instead of all the lip-service dished out about integrity, honesty etc.

"Lack delivery and trust"

Current Employee - Practice Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Practice Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A little more on the salary

Cons

Poor management
    Shameful delivery
    Lacks Trust
    Dishonest and fraudulant

Advice to Management

If you bring on british indians then trust us and delivery on what you say

"Not where I would work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. I would try not to work for these forms for the first few years of your career. They do not care about you or your scary. They will assign you to roles you have no experience in.

Cons

You are forced to work 9.5 hours a day, and that average must be maintained by hook or crook. The number of holidays is even less, 1.5 a month, 5 sick days, and 2 additional holidays. They have no respect for public or declared holidays as they will force you to come over the weekend to compensate. Limited support for your role after the first month. You’ll have to look after yourself.

Advice to Management

You should really work towards helping your employees reach a work life balance. Work less hours and give more holidays. More support to employees to grow at a personal or professional level, and not force assessments on your employees. Let their work speak for them.

"Crappy company"

Former Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Wipro (More than a year)

Pros

However much I think hard, I struggle to come up with even one plus point about the company.

Cons

CEO is a shocker
    No strategy
    Inward focused and not client focused
    Leaders - are they truly leaders?
    Compensation structure isn't transparent

Advice to Management

Sell the company to a larger company. It would atleast bring peace to your clients and your employees.

"UK employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time

Pros

Compensation. There really is nothing else. Its a body-shopping company. I havent seen my line manager in 2 years

Cons

Career progression. Respect. Massive amount of politics. Quality of work. Communication. HR

Advice to Management

Get out whilst you can. It`ll stain your CV and no one will want to hire you afterwards.

"Detached!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Almost Guaranteed quarterly bonuses
    - Neat phone app to do time sheets

Cons

- Very, very poor salary, 1.7% increase in 4 years and they acted like they were doing me a favour.
    - The most minimal annual & sick leave allowed by UK law.
    - Indian company and Indian work values trying to map on to European work values.
    - Indian centric, European employees are treated as second class.
    - Assigned to a customer and left to rot.
    - Detached from Wipro as office is always at customer site.
    - No idea who the line manager is and no one to escalate problems and no one to measure my performance so salary increase did not exist. I had to hunt people down and voice my success the fight for bread crumb salary increases.
    - No real appraisal system, just a rubber stamp exercise for managers in India that I don't know. Good or bad the salary remains the same.
    - The only training was internal garbage that you had to complete annually.
    - Internal Wipro applications and systems slow and clunky.
    - Expense process from the dark ages that can take 3-4 weeks from claim approval to getting money in your account
    - Career Opportunities, good luck with that.
    - HR Management puppets that spout the party line, I could not trust them

Advice to Management

As if they will take notice and listen, anyone to whom speaks out is let go.

Showing 128 of 11,770 reviews