Wipro "salary hike" Reviews | Glassdoor

Wipro Employee Reviews about "salary hike"

Updated 24 Nov 2019

2.8
Wipro CEO Abidali Z. Neemuchwala
Abidali Z. Neemuchwala
Pros
Cons
  • "Need to work on making better work life balance for lower level employees(in 918 reviews)

• "Salary hike is not upto the market(in 687 reviews)

Reviews about "salary hike"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Senior Test Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Culture and full of values

Cons

Salary hikes are not even average

Wipro2017-06-06
  2. "Its a big firm with many policies and lot of process to follow which can be exhausting."

Current Employee - Test Lead in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Job security, clients across the world, employee friendly company if you are travelling for a job

Cons

Less salary, Poor management, so many people in line for promotion and salary hike that your request would get lost. Its hard to grow in such huge companies. Overall its a ok company to join.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with employee and stop treating employee as just a resource, have some more respect towards them.

Wipro2019-09-30

"Good Company 👍 Don't expect much"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Corporate Training Helpline System Salary Structure Diverse Technologies to learn and work.

Cons

Project Management Salary Negotiations & Salary Hikes- once joined, you don't see much in salary, except you are highly dependable to them Engineers - Company does not care about engineers who are working for the company more than 4 years, rather their in-house trained interns get more packages in 4 years. Hell lot of Policies - there are huge number of ridiculous policies. none of the project managers know.

Advice to Management

Try to take care of low level , mid level employees who are serving for long years. Especially employees with Proper Bachelor's and Master's in Engineering, instead of only taking care of in-house trained interns after 4 years who get their Master's in Engineering.

Wipro2019-03-12
  4. "Feedback"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had a very tremendous experience at Wipro for the past 10 years. That too working with BestBuy client was really good. Had a wonderful memories in the BestBuy project since I have been spent almost 9 + years in BestBuy account with my previous managers.

Cons

For the past 2 years had a very bad experience for me since Managers keeps on changing and that impacts my career growth in terms of Hike and Recognitions. Current managers also not taking the responsibility to own the reportees problem and not sure how we are going to address this issue in future. Even am not getting proper response for my issues which have been discussing for over 2 years which I do have mail... proof for the same. Belonging to Horizontal Practice, its again a quite challenge since am working for vertical and my Horizontal will decide my Career growth and Salary Hike which does not make any sense practically.

Advice to Management

One request to Management is, Manager movement is unavoidable but make sure the resources reporting to that manager should not get any impact in their Career growth. This is really bad situation which I am facing for the past 2 years and this makes me to decide move out of Wipro. Please take care of this especially at BestBuy Mobile Account. Very poor management for the past 2 years in my account.

Wipro2018-09-05
  5. "Good Company to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wipro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Environment and Good learning

Cons

Salary hike is low and sometimes don' get hike

Wipro2017-10-15

"Easy to go ....not recommended for ambitious people."

Current Employee - Senior Test Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Job security, Brand Name Clients at different locations balanced personal and professional life benefits are good at onsite.

Cons

No salary hike at onsite. stereo typical structure no recognition for extra show up

Advice to Management

Need to have connection with employees Motivation to work.

Wipro2017-04-03

"Scrum Master"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at Wipro full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice place to work and learn new things

Cons

No Salary hike and HR team is not that great.

Advice to Management

Need to change the internal policies and management

Wipro2017-03-08
  8. "Typical desi company"

Former Employee - QA Team Lead in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Wipro full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good number of onsite opportunities. Good for freshers to start with IT career. Learn the technical skills and move out, else one will remain a stagnant water.

Cons

The pyramid structure is no more existent. There are more managers and leads than team members who do real work. Lots of overhead cost due to too many non-billable people management oldies hanging around with fat paycheck. Eventually the technical workforce move out due to low compensation and more work load. They do not compensate for weekend and overnight working hours which is routine. Management selfishly just... thinks of their bonuses and in order to show account profits, assign 2 to 4 projects to a person. Does not give promotions, salary hike as the pyramid ladder is piled up and there simply is no scope for growth even though one is eligible. Most of the management are non technical and have reached there just with political capabilities. Their only job is to fill excel sheet every Friday and tally with the time sheet, approve leaves and reimbursements.

Advice to Management

Cut the grass before it turns into bush. You talk about automation, AI etc.. then why do you need non technical, non sales folks in mid management levels for verifying time sheets and people management? Think about it.

Wipro2017-02-02
  9. "soa ,automation testing"

Former Employee - SOA, Automation Tester in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Wipro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good company,learnt many new skills

Cons

Salary structure not good, Salary hike is very less as compared to other company

Wipro2016-11-28
  10. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, so many clients, great client partnership. Very big company. Stable work environment, available on almost all locations.

Cons

Huge employee base, less salary hike. Salary is the concern by which employees leave, as a huge organisation wipro is finding difficult to keep employee salary inline with industrial standards.

Advice to Management

Management is good, appreciate the initiatives by higher management.

Wipro2016-07-28