Wire Stone Employee Reviews about "long hallways"

Updated Oct 24, 2017

3.2
Wire Stone President Dan Lynch
Dan Lynch
Pros
  • "If you want to learn a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time, Wire Stone is a great place to cut your teeth(in 9 reviews)

• "Very good average work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Wire Stone is a very discouraging company and really isn't worth being a part of, at least as a full-time employee(in 5 reviews)

• "long hallways(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hallways"

Return to all Reviews

"Very supportive environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and flexible with work life balance in tact.

Cons

Long hallways which is not for everyone. Folks handle it pretty naturally. More ways to bond as groups would be welcome

"Great people in the trenches"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Boise, ID

I worked at Wire Stone full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to learn a lot about the industry in a very short amount of time, Wire Stone is a great place to cut your teeth. As an intern who transitioned into a full time employee, I was given an opportunity to work side-by-side with an incredible group of designers, project and account managers, copywriters, strategists and a variety of clients. Wire Stone does a great job of setting expectations and holding you to account. You're expected to produce and you're recognized when you do. Basically, you're treated like an adult. The culture is pretty decent and there is a lot of talent to learn from if you take the initiative. I'm appreciative and grateful for everything I learned at Wire Stone (good and bad) and am glad this was my first design gig out of the gate.

Cons

Long hallways, rush deadlines and late night and weekend work expectations can be a bit draining at times, but that's pretty much part of the package. You have to take the good with the bad.

"Something's not right"

1.0

I worked at Wire Stone full-time for less than a year

Pros

They'll pay for you to travel. They'll put you up in nice places. You'll have a stocked liquor cabinet in the office AT ALL times. You'll have no one managing you. Plenty of WFH opportunity. Hey, if that's your thing, this is your shtick.

Cons

You'll have a stocked liquor cabinet in the office AT ALL times (people will literally drink all day). You'll be frowned upon when you don't attend at cocktail meeting because you're actually working. You'll have no one managing you. You can be let go at the drop of a hat with no explanation, when you're billing 10 hours a day. Zero job security. Zero management (they're too busy re-doing your work). Zero feedback. Poor project management. Long hallways. Bad communication.

Continue reading

"I absolutely love coming to work everyday."

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time

Pros

This is a company of good, smart people who want to do great work. The culture and the people are fun and fabulous. We get along, we joke, we laugh, we hang out outside of work, we get stuff done. With a wide array of clients and projects, there is plenty of innovative, exciting work to be had; as well as freedom and opportunity to push the envelope in several areas. Upper management is dedicated and approachable. I always, always feel that my voice is heard and my suggestions and opinions are welcomed and respected.

Cons

I've been in the agency world for about 7 years and have experience at all kinds of shops, big and small. I've never seen an agency that didn't have some sore spots. Wire Stone is no exception in the sense that there are times when resourcing is a challenge, new processes create frustration, working down long hallways can be tough, etc. But at the end of the day, I love it here. The fun, happy days far out-weigh the stressful ones, and that is more than I can say for several of the other Chicago agencies where I've worked. Also, I've seen several comments about salaries being low/unfair, but I don't believe that is the case more than any other advertising agency. Unfortunately, in this industry you often have to change companies in order to jump your salary. This was not my first agency, and the salary they started me at was very competitive -- a jump from where I was before.

Wire Stone Response

October 22, 2014Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback and for the positive vibes you bring to the team every day. Because of our distributed “long hallways” model, passion and motivation in one office translates to a morale boost in offices across the country. One consistent comment throughout our almost fifteen years of business is “the people who work here are the best thing about Wire Stone.” Thank you for being a part of our legacy of hiring good humans and empowering them to be successful; we are so glad you brought this perspective to the Glassdoor conversation.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.