Wirecard Reviews | Glassdoor

Wirecard CEO Markus Braun
Markus Braun

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Everything is in order - no cons" (in 4 reviews)

• "Not very clear career path and promotions" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting company, that allows a lot of space for self-fulfillment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aschheim (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aschheim (Germany)

I have been working at Wirecard full-time

Pros

Wirecard is a young and dynamic company that has been growing quickly in the past years. What I really enjoy about my work here is that you don't have the feeling to be a small wheel in the big machinery. Instead, you can really see the outcome of your work - you can make a difference.
    You have to be a person who is willing to pave and go his/ her own way, and you should bring some serenity if things don't work out right away. But then this is an incredibly exciting place to work, as your self-efficacy is so high and there's always a chance to get involved in cool new projects.

Cons

Since processes didn't grow as fast as the number of employees, it can be challenging for people who have a strong need for structures. But it's always about what you make out of it ;)

Oct 26, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your work at Wirecard so much and are happy to have you on the team!

Wirecard Career Team

"Great! I love Wirecard!"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Wirecard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work remotely, support from colleagues, international travel, community environment, communication throughout office is superb with lots of small group meetings and everyone is very friendly and helpful

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. In my experience the pay is very fair but you may find that it takes a while to get a raise.

Aug 8, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

Thank you for your great feedback!

Best Regards, Wirecard Career Team

"Programmer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Wirecard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location and close to major highways

Cons

Management favoritism, no vision

Advice to Management

Change your managers and adopt professionalism in hiring good managers

Nov 5, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

Dear colleague,

thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. We would like to get more information on this matter, so we would like to invite you to contact us via AskCareer@wirecard.com... More

"Room For Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Wirecard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and changing constantly. Great atmosphere and better than average work/life balance

Cons

If your manager doesn't invest in you, you are a cog in the wheel. Seems to be the way.

Advice to Management

Invest in all employees, not just favorites.

Oct 8, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

Dear colleague,

we are happy to hear that you enjoy your work during these exciting times of growth at the company. We take your points of criticism seriously and we aim to make your time here at... More

"No structural foundation in Conshohoken !!!! Do NOT Apply !!!"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Wirecard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prior to the migration from Citi Bank to Wirecard . . Awesome !!! I loved it, what I realized after the migration was Citi already had a standardized system in place for procedures and has already created a footprint of integrity as a legit business. The pay was "Okay", could have been better due to the work load however an excellent environment to work in !!

Cons

After Wirecard purchased the department in Conshohocken Pa, - HORRIBLE, Once management was no longer on a leash via Citi Bank, management began to create their own policies, micromanaged everything due to corporate have findings NO ONE WAS AWARE OF INCLUDING SO CALLED MANAGEMENT !! Favoritism regarding promotions and new hires. There's a $2,500.00 bonus for a referred employee that is with Wirecard for 90 days or more, MANAGEMENT HIRED SPECIFIC CLOSE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHILE DENYING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ! I know this for certain because I referred a Branch Manager I worked under, she was more than qualified due to AML as well as compliance. There's no way she should have not made the Fraud Team, the person that was "Choses" had absolutely no banking experience or back office experience, he used to be a construction worker . . and within 6 months he became a TEAM LEAD ?? I was more than happy to resign.

Advice to Management

Blow the dust off of the Citi Bank procedure files and learn from a well organized company.

Sep 25, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. This past year has been a year of transition and growth for Wirecard North America and as we move forward we are continuously working on the... More

"Risk"

I have been working at Wirecard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Great work and family balance

Cons

International Company. Only one location in the US. Room for upward mobility is limited.

Sep 7, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

We are happy to hear that you view Wirecard as a recommendable employer. Many thanks for your positive feedback!

Best Regards,

Wirecard Career Team

"Poor training, lack of leadership, and no accountability! Thanks, but no thanks!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Wirecard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were fair, thats it!

Cons

Good luck if you survive! The work is very stressful and frustrating. The departments don't work well with each other. The HR generalist, forget telling her your view and pain-points, she doesn't care. Make sure you know what your doing before start working there, they expect you to just get it. Finally, the managers have absolutely no support in their peers. Your better off working as a janitor than work there.

Advice to Management

Close it down!

Aug 8, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Wirecard USA was not positive. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding department manager to discuss possible changes.

Best Regards... More

"great company"

I worked at Wirecard full-time

Pros

work from home, good salary

Cons

disorganized, no standards, favoritism, overlook poor performers and bullies

Advice to Management

get a handle on making this a more professional organization

Aug 8, 2018 – Wirecard Career Team

Thank you for your feedback - we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience and will take your critics into consideration.

Best Regards, Wirecard Career Team

9. "New Company in NAM"

I have been working at Wirecard full-time

Pros

Fantastic People and flexible schedules

Cons

Company is new as of March 2017. Turnover and reorganization

"Looks good on the surface..."

Current Employee - Application Engineer in Bavaria, WI
    Current Employee - Application Engineer in Bavaria, WI

I have been working at Wirecard (More than a year)

Pros

Gym, international working environment, german classes, nice little coffeeshop/bistro inhouse. Flexible working hours, as most Munich based companies you also get to go to the Oktoberfest.

Cons

Where do I start?

There are little to no chance of improving yourself in the technical side of things, also a very big struggle to get promoted, big promises with no execution or constant "change of priorities" hamper any progress. There is little room for R&D with new technologies: Docker, forget about it. Personal VMs: forget about it.
    Also no transparency with regards to the structure and for planning your career here.
    A very cliquey culture centred around partying and being one of the "boys", disregard this and you can forget any advancement.

Home office is not an option, however if you know the right people it seems that it is possible, even on a weekly basis, got love the favouritism at play here.

My biggest gripe is the complete lack of competent management on some levels. They would rather employ more low paid employees than to improve their existing ones, the same employees who then take double the time to be on-boarded and also lack some basic IT skills and no independent thought and action.
    Management also means earning the respect of your team, to lead them. Not let them fend for themselves but then play important when projects are running late. Constantly having to escalate basic level tickets, having to explain to other employees how to do their job is not my job nor is it making it an enjoyable working atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and work to improve them, back up the promises you make to them, get competent team leads/heads, not just the buddy of a buddy. Listen and implement the feedback/improvements "you" asked for from your team members!

Jun 7, 2016 – Wirecard Career Team

First of all thank for you feedback, which we value and take seriously. To better understand your perception we would like to ask you to contact us – of course also anonymously by Email... More