Wireless Advocates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Jim Pearse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy commission based work working inside Costco (in 25 reviews)

• Unlimited earning potential, flexible schedule (in 23 reviews)

1. "I LOVE my company!"

Current Employee - Kiosk Manager in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Kiosk Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wireless Advocates stays true to a culture of success and truly care about their employees. They always strive to improve and stay competitive within the industry. If you want the opportunity to grow and develop quickly this is the place to be. I have only updated my resume to grow within the company. I started as a part time WSE in the Colorado area over three years ago and was promoted within six months. I am now being developed to the District Management level. Upper management truly cares and recognizes talent and hard work. They strive to hire within the company but when they do hire externally they do it for the betterment of the company. My District Manager came aboard six months ago, externally, and has gone above and beyond to ensure that I am on pace to achieve my career goals, while creating a culture teamwork, and making it fun!

Cons

None that are not typical within the wireless industry. You get out what you put in, employees tend to create cons for themselves.

Advice to Management

Continue to partner and follow through with feedback from the field.

2. "Good training and challenging work."

Former Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert
    Former Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert

I worked at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Commission is great for single person, lots of customer interaction, 4 major carriers to sell.

Cons

Structure of commission changes made it difficult to support my family.

Advice to Management

Do more to reward and keep reliable, hardworking, committed employees.

3. "Love the job"

I worked at Wireless Advocates full-time

Pros

Great commission and great company

Cons

Having to stand up all day

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4. "Wireless Sales Advocate"

I worked at Wireless Advocates full-time

Pros

You meet some of the best people in retail. Another thing would be that it is easy to increase your paycheck if you're determined to do so.

Cons

Poor management and inconsiticenies. We lost our kiosk manager and thereafter lost our district manager. The team and myself had to manage and create our own schedules and deal with customer service issues without having resources to accomplish either efficiently. This created later problems with the company and thats when i decided to leave especially after hiring more managers with the same behavioral work patterns.

Advice to Management

Take the job seriously while managing a company. Have hiring events and get positions filled on time so current employees don't have to take on that extra weight.

5. "CEO"

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very customer centric and caring

Cons

Highly transforming industry and business

6. "Great Company With Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - District Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - District Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Wireless Advocates for 6 years. I started out working in the kiosks. I had great coworkers and leadership the entire time I’ve worked for WA. I’ve been mentored by great leaders and always had a fair opportunity to advance in my career. WA does an excellent job of promoting from within. I’ve also had multiple entry level employees promoted up to store management level. There are very few places you can work and actually feel like the company truly cares about you. Wireless Advocates is one of those places. I would absolutely recommend anyone interested in sales, wireless, or looking for and excellent opportunity to head straight to your nearest Costco or military exchange and inquire about any open opportunities with Wireless Advocates.

Cons

Every opportunity is what you make of it. Wireless Advocates is a great place to work and enjoy what you do. It starts with great leadership and goes all the way down to the part time employees. With any sales position, you’re going to get out of it what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work creating a great place to better ones self and earn a very good living.

7. "Fill Time (Assistant Manager("

Former Employee - Assistant Kiosk Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Kiosk Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the beginning the money was fairly good if you sold 60-80 phones like during the holidays and what not.

Cons

They changed the pay schedule and during the slow months of the year i.e the summer or the months leading up to the holidays the pay was basic minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Better coaching, don't be so over bearing, sometimes not selling any phones for one day is not the end of the world.

8. "WSE"

Current Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert in Miami, FL

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefit to be associated with Costco;

Cons

Pay is not competitive; commission structure is very limited; no effort to take the Tax Reform and share the windfall profits with front line customer facing employees

Advice to Management

Loosen the purse strings; lets have some competitive pay structures. Get rid of the ridiculous commission structure. Get moving and pay your employees better

9. "Not a job, a career and a place you can make a difference."

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the culture, the opportunities, location, leadership, current changes to make a difference, like a family. As a group they are invested in your future.

Cons

There are no Cons in working for Wireless Advocates, you know what is expected of you, the plans for future growth, if you do not mind hard work, you will earn a great living.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path to change the company culture, as this process is taking place, it is creating one of the best environments for a sales based organization.

10. "Fun, Fast-Paced and Stimulating Work Environment!"

Current Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working here! The team I work with in the Bay Area is one of the best I have ever worked with. They care about being successful and they help each other and me daily.
    The team at Seattle Headquarters is one of the most supportive. I can pick up the phone and call any department to get information, help or share an idea.
    And my supervisor recognizes my individual contributions consistently! He makes me feel appreciated and he also pushes me to be my best.
    It's like this all the way to the President- Jim Pearse. Seriously!

Cons

Fast Paced and very busy, but that's not a con for me. I love it!

Advice to Management

Continue to drive suggestions and feedback from the field. Continue to build a strong relationship between headquarters and field. Get more involved with Social Media and share the awesome things you are doing for employees and community. People don't know what we don't share. Share more. Conduct more WSE/KM Events/Forums. Enhance internal engagement.