Wireless Advocates Reviews | Glassdoor

Wireless Advocates Reviews

Updated May 10, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great opportunity"

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to make your own paycheck through commissions. Tons of quality traffic and great customer base.

Cons

Commission sales are not for all.

Advice to Management

Improve long term planning and vision.

2. "Great place to learn wireless"

Pros

You get to learn about three carriers instead of just one.
    Flexible schedule and great pay
    Great co worker and friendly environment

Cons

Can be a little slow depending what location you are at
    have to stand for long periods of time on concrete

3. "Great Part-Time Job!"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Representative

I have been working at Wireless Advocates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay with high foot traffic in the stores. Great management team.

Cons

Systems are sluggish at times causing sales process to slow.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to promote more.

4. "Great part-time job"

I worked at Wireless Advocates part-time

Pros

Great flexibility with scheduling and over all enjoyable learning experience.

Cons

Constantly changing commission scales, rarely for the better.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can

5. "Excellent Company"

Pros

Great benefits and training programs

Cons

Long hours in Costco stores

6. "Sales and Marketing Manager"

Pros

Great company for a college students, it is very fun to talk to customers face to face everyday.

Cons

Too much pressure on the sales managers

7. "Amazing opportunity in the wireless industry"

Current Employee - Kiosk Manager

Pros

*Great pay and benefits
    *Incentives for completing trainings (chances to win a free phone, coupons off your TV service, etc)
    *Tons of opportunity to advance within the company, (Internal job postings almost every week for a huge variety of jobs not limited to sales or management.)
    *Frequent coaching and encouragement to do better.

Cons

*Small work area
    *Standing, no sitting for 8 hours a day
    *Tedious questions, and no we don't have the Iphone.

"The negative reviews here are shocking. Here is my experience."

Current Employee - Kiosk Manager

Pros

I have been with the company for slightly over a year now as a Kiosk Manager. In that time, I have been consistently impressed with the quality of the company. I have worked for many retail companies and owned my own business, so I feel that I am a qualified judge of a companies character and integrity.

As with any large company, someones experience is only as good as their manager and the support and development they receive. My manager is the best I've ever had the pleasure of working for. He is responsive, motivated, understanding, focused, business oriented, fair and a generally good guy. His boss is the same. I've received every inch of coaching and training I needed. I have always been free to run my kiosk without being micromanaged and know he trusts me to run it properly.

The pay is also in line with the responsibilities, both for a KM and WSE positions. WSE's working for me average anywhere from $13-20/hr with their commissions and bonuses. The hourly for both positions is low, but don't let it throw you off. You make the bulk of your income from commissions and bonuses...and don't let that scare you, as I've found my pay to be consistent...don't stress out that you won't make "what they say you can". In 2010, my first year, I made $42k and anticipate making $50k this year, at least. It's worth noting, that I am NOT in one of the larger locations. We are right in the middle, volume wise. In other words, my pay should reflect a true average for someone who is strong in sales and consistently hits some sort of bonuses. In retail, managing 4 people, working 38-40 hours a week, no stress, making my own schedule, with a great boss that encourages a good work life balance? That's a no-brainer. C'mon. The company also does a ton of contests, giving away phones, trips, bonuses, etc. Their incentives are solid and frequent.

As for upper management, they seem to be responsive to the voice of those working for them in the trenches. They are always open to improve and get better. I used to be an Assistant Manager for Best Buy, and this is night and day better. Corporate actually seems to be engaged and care.

There is also a TON of room to grow right now. The company is expanding at a TREMENDOUS pace. I don't know what is ok to mention here, but the opportunity is absolutely there. I will be promoted soon, this I know. Any quality person will find a very real ladder into a six figure position possible within a few years.

Wireless Advocates is also HUGE on taking care of their customers, and that is important to me. I trust that my company is not only the cheapest place for them to buy (check Consumer Reports), but if something happens my company WILL make it right. They above all operate with integrity and demand their employees do likewise. I saw in another review something about not getting breaks. The company is very much against this and if you read this, talk to your DM. You should be getting your breaks without fail. See above paragraph on your experience being as good as your boss.

I don't really know what else to say. I have had very low turnover and I know my employees are thankful for and enjoy their jobs. I haven't had to hire anyone in 7 months and that was only because someone graduated college and moved away. My most tenured employee is going on four years. They can pay for college working part-time. How many retail jobs can say that? Nowhere else in a college town can you make $20/hr working a job part-time with a schedule flexible enough to work around school.

Bottom line: Feel out the folks that will be managing you. Let that be your deciding factor (with most any job). Also, understand that Costco is VERY strict about the quality of the vendors in their warehouse and if Wireless Advocates wasn't excellent they would have been replaced long ago.

Cons

It can be frustrating, working inside a 10x10 box all day.

It's the wireless industry...expect lots of questions about how to do such and such on their phones. That comes with the territory.

You may find that you come to rely on the Costco food court for your lunches, which...gets old and isn't good for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for all you have done. I look forward to the future with the company, I know I can take it as far as I desire.

9. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

Pros

the environment is very nice and ppl are friendly.

Cons

they salary is too low to afford life.

Advice to Management

none

10. "sales"

Current Employee - Kiosk Manager

Pros

if you love selling and coaching people. Love the hourly + commission + bonuses + benefits. Not that stressful and lots of potential

Cons

Nothing bad about this company. If you are not motivated then the employees will see it and follow. It is based on your effort.

Advice to Management

The pay is decent, however, it was better before the changes to the hourly instead of salary. But overall it has been a good place to work at.