Wireless Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Bob Haynes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Technician"

Pros

Plenty of work to do.

Cons

Extremely limited advancement and salaries that are way behind the times. Your spouse had better have a full time job.

Advice to Management

Reward your dedicated employees before they go elsewhere now that good paying jobs are coming back.

2. "My experience was like a nightmare. Long hours for very little pay and senior management that didn't care about us."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Wireless Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We learned about technology but Verizon partners lacked time and dedication to authorized dealers. Unprofessional account managers from Verizon Corp side.

Cons

Stores were given unattainable goals so we never received bonuses. We would almost bonus and our compensation plan was changed. All had the feeling senior management were cheating us out of our compensation.

3. "Aweful"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Wireless Communications (More than a year)

Pros

ummmm....Plenty of time to work on homework and whatever else?

Cons

Too many to mention; items being sold to customers are not purchased by the company so everything is special order, the company has no organization nor structure, they staff the stores with only one person for months at a time, not to mention the pay is worse than a Target cashier.

Advice to Management

Shut it down

4. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Assissant Manager in Albany, GA
    Current Employee - Assissant Manager in Albany, GA

I have been working at Wireless Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule. If you are a full time student they try to work around your school schedule.

Cons

Everything here is sales driven so you got to be able to sale!!!

Advice to Management

Management team awesome coaches and trainers!!!

5. "It's a job"

I have been working at Wireless Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will give you sales experience, benefits and opportunity

Cons

Pay is really bad unless you are in a higher producing store. Lots of turnover.

Advice to Management

If Wireless Communications is ever going to be a legitimate company you will have to quit letting your employees take financial responsibility for an industry problem and figure out a way to give a pay scale that can keep high quality workers not just young adults who can use this job to prepare them for a real job.

6. "Fantastic Opportunity to work for a company that strives on personal contribution to drive the business forward"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wireless Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to work on a wireless network without having to deal with a in your face customer everyday makes my job rewarding. Even though what I do serves the customer everyday. Performance driven company that looks to all employees to make the business better by personal contributions. Pay for performance company.

Cons

Sometimes the company is moving so fast they don't really care what you have done, but only what you can do. If you are not shaking and baking they will pass you by for someone else who is saying or doing the right things. Never a chance to go on cruise control and enjoy the success of what you have accomplished.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to always sell the company or make headlines and concentrate on making the company the best place to work.

7. "Jerked around with pay"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Representative

I have been working at Wireless Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can learn the wireless industry. Flexible schedule. Great for college kids

Cons

Many days you work for free because you do not get hourly plus commission. You can spend all day helping customers but if you don't make a sale, you get paid nothing for an entire 8 hour day. Upper management cares ONLY about their bottom line and places industry losses on the shoulders of the sales team by taking from your paycheck

Advice to Management

You need to realize that your sales team are the ones making you a lot of money and keeping you in business. If you want high schoolers instead of professionals in your stores, then that's what you will get

8. "Too many expectations, too little pay"

Pros

Some of the management are actually good teachers and want to better equip their employees. You will get a lot of hands on knowledge of how phones work.

Cons

The company wants to make money as a bottom line, so they make the minimums to be able to meet commission impossible. Employees are encouraged to work overtime and on their days off; all for minimum wage. And most of the managers are unqualified and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees.

9. "It is a good growing company, my major dissatisfaction is with upper management"

Current Employee - Wireless Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Wireless Representative in Greenville, SC

Pros

The pay can be very good, if you know what you're doing. Support is given as well as praises for a good job. Benefits are not bad

Cons

The hours, upper management, I felt many times that they short changed me on my pay as well as commission pay out. Be very careful with your money here! Look over ever detail on your pay stu (if you even get it).

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees better! Do anonymous surverys, address them. Be clear with changes made about pay and ensure these changes are beig communicated effectively throught the company. Show those who are valuable to you how much you appreciate them. They are your back bone. They're going to keep leaving if you don't take care of them. Other companies are out there and will more than likely take care of them better than you are!

10. "Overworked and Underpaid"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Sales incentives, varied and were good.

Cons

"Typical Work Week" to management= 50 -60 hours a week

Advice to Management

Hire more associates or give vacation days.