WiseTech Global Associate Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 31, 2019

4.6
WiseTech Global CEO and Founder Richard White
Richard White
  1. "Associate Developer at Wisetech"

Former Contractor - Associate Developer in Sydney

I worked at WiseTech Global for less than a year

Pros

I worked at Wisetech while I was in high school on their machine learning and data science team. - Team members were highly experienced and enjoyable to work with. - Excellent break rooms.

Cons

As I was there for a short time-period (2 weeks during the summer holidays), my experience was limited. In this period, I found no cons.

WiseTech Global2020-01-01

"Great company to grow and work at with an incredible culture, sweet perks and amazing people"

Former Employee - Associate Software Developer in Sydney

I worked at WiseTech Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

WiseTech is undoubtedly an amazing place to work at. I interned at WiseTech as a software developer, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The work is challenging and interesting, which gave me opportunities to grow and learn, and with the flat organisational structure which allows anyone to talk to anyone at anytime, developers are given a large amount of autonomy and freedom which empowers us to innovate and have meaningful contributions to the vision and direction of large projects that matter. There is a large push to attract the best and right people for the company, which not only means attracting very technically skilled and talented developers, but some of the most compassionate, friendly and empathetic people I have met. Teams are tight knit and there is a focus on growing and moving forward together as a collective, which means supporting each other everyday to make us a better person than the one we were yesterday. The perks that you get while working at WiseTech are really awesome, with Beer O'Clock every Friday and Cake Day every month, along with all the awesome perks you'd expect from working at an top technology company that genuinely puts its people first. Beyond free food, during my time at WiseTech (e.g. free breakfast, fruit and snacks), the most valuable perk for me was the mentoring program for interns, which paired me up with a team member who showed me through the ropes during my first weeks and was invested in my personal development, which made me comfortable with integrating myself into my team and the company - perhaps the most underrated but valuable benefit. In addition, each developer is provided with leading edge toys to play with, which includes a very high end computer and 2 large 4k monitors that makes work really enjoyable. WiseTech also heavily engages and invests into technology education, with initiatives and sponsorship of programs that include the BiG Day In's, the National Computer Science School and the Co-op scholarship which is incredibly valuable and speaks volumes about the company's interest in nurturing the next generation and attracting talent from an early age, this is something I am particularly passionate about and I care a lot about.

Cons

The office isn't in the most accessible location, but there is a company bus to get to and from the train station which is nice, and a walk in the morning once in a while is nice =)

WiseTech Global2019-08-16
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Developer in Alexandria

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive teams Interesting work Great mentors Excellent facilities (Hotel-esque showers!)

Cons

If you're not interested in the logistics industry you might not be willing to invest the time in this job - though you don't necessarily need background knowledge in the sector to work here as a developer

WiseTech Global2019-08-13
  4. "A lot of facilities at your fingers"

Current Employee - Associate Developer in Sydney

I have been working at WiseTech Global part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not only does Wisetech have amazing and highly intelligent software developers and other professionals, they have amazing facilities that make you feel very comfortable. They have their own gym, it's not an extensive gym but they have enough gym equipment for any sort of maneuver. They also have a personal trainer that runs classes daily. Also, they provide breakfast every morning

Cons

Every software developer that joins the company has to perform a 6-month rotation with 2-months in 3 different teams. Unfortunately, I did not feel comfortable in all those teams.

WiseTech Global2018-03-16
  5. "Supportive community with opportunities for self-development"

Former Intern - Associate Developer in Sydney

I worked at WiseTech Global for less than a year

Pros

WiseTech is very flexible, and allow your rotations to suit your career preferences. If possible, you're given work you'd like to do, rather than just whatever is there. As an intern at WiseTech, you are treated like an employee in almost every way, given the same responsibilities, the same access and respect. There are fantastic employee benefits, the best of these being the great community fostered at Beer O'Clock.

Cons

While the management system can be overbearing at first, once mastered, can greatly improve personal productivity without being as claustrophobic. Despite WiseTech Globals fantastic community and work enviroment, the nature of their product area can be dry, as it's rare to see our software in use in the real world.

WiseTech Global2018-01-31

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Associate Developer in Sydney

I worked at WiseTech Global part-time for more than a year

Pros

- large variety of work - good culture - lots of amenities - free breakfast, gym and fitness class. beer and pizza every friday afternoon - work can be rewarding if you ask for it - very flexible working arrangements. Asking for leave, work from home and changes to working hours was painless.

Cons

sometimes the work can be a bit boring, especially when working part time. You may be given miscellaneous bugfix after miscellaneous bugfix without any project oriented work - preventing the development of any real understanding of what you are working on. This is more of a problem in some teams than others. If you want to work here, definitely be clear about what you would like to work on.

WiseTech Global2017-09-02

"Amazing in almost every way"

Associate Developer in Sydney

I have been working at WiseTech Global

Pros

- Culture: WiseTech is has a flat hierarchy and everyone is considered equal. The CEO encourages interaction between all staff in order to focus on productivity. Everyone has a great sense of value and should feel that their opinions and criticisms are considered seriously regardless or role or status. - People and Atmosphere: WiseTech encourages training through employment, taking on fresh young minds consistently and fostering well written code and innovation. It's impossible to not feel at home. - Education: Any job in any field should teach you something new, but WiseTech goes out of it's way to spend time educating it's employees, both discretely through official training courses and indiscreetly through in-house training programs. - Progression: There is always room to move forward in WiseTech based on merit. Everyone has an equal opportunity to earn more responsibility and benefits. - Productivity: The company is constantly placing productivity at the center of focus, rolling out new workstation configurations to increase productivity and comfort wherever there is need.

Cons

- Atmosphere: The lack of greenery, natural light or even untinted windows can be a huge let down. The interior is a consistent blue in the majority of the space, which whilst company colours, can also e an eyesore.

WiseTech Global2016-02-17
  8. "A great opportunity."

Current Employee - Associate Developer in Sydney

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The work environment and atmosphere. Very genial, with a flat organisational structure that encourages everyone to help each other out. - Support from peers. Despite all your difficulties, you can count on those around you to perk you up, or help you out if they've the time. - Extremely experienced supervisors and employees There are some programming wizards within the company, and it's always an enriching experience to tap into their vast expertise.

Cons

- The learning curve. Getting used to the large proprietary code base is quite the challenge.

WiseTech Global2014-10-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 Reviews