WiseTech Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 89 reviews

4.4
WiseTech Global CEO Richard White
Richard White
Pros
  • "There is little silo-effect, in that teams cross-communicate both in and outside the work environment(in 14 reviews)

• "Sports, weekly beer o'clock, monthly cake days(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "WiseTech has changed and grown exponentially in the last few years, including listing on the ASX(in 7 reviews)

• "CEO is the bottleneck of all big/small decision, in most cases(in 6 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great encironment to work at

Cons

Not enough work life balance

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

WiseTech Global2016-03-21
  2. "Full tim employee"

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time

Pros

Good place to work if you want to work with older adults.

Cons

Their is always room for improvement.

WiseTech Global2017-12-16
  3. "A unique company daring to be different"

in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WiseTech Global for more than 3 years

Pros

Wisetech is a company full of extremely intelligent people globally. One thing you'll find here is a distinct lack of "Average People". When you join (after some interesting cognitive testing) be sure that you will find the very flat structure unique. Where WTG is different is its ability to find within people their key skills and strengths (which that person may or may not n aware of). The result of this is a... group of intelligent people doing what they are best at.

Cons

The free snacks, coffee, tea and Friday beer'O'clock food (with beer and wine) will perhaps require you to exercise more!

WiseTech Global2014-12-20

"Plateau"

I worked at WiseTech Global full-time

Pros

Free food, beer, occasional trips to customers. Loose atmosphere. Good if you are a developer or sales, bad if you are not. Programmers welcome as long as you have the same ideas as the CEO.

Cons

Poor management. No path for personal growth. Not being a developer limits how far you can go in the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to customers and qualified employees, hire experienced people who did real work in the freight forwarding industry, not office managers, people who answered phones, or people from other industries that have no relation to freight forwarding or customers. Your way is not the always the right way. Accept faults and weakness to make things better instead of ignoring them and sweeping them under the rug.

WiseTech Global2013-11-14
  5. "CargoWise is a fun place to work!"

in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WiseTech Global

Pros

The CargoWise Chicago office (which is located in Schaumburg) has an extremely friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Everyone gets along well and we are like an extended family here. I've made some great friends while working here including some good friends in our Australian and UK offices. Our benefits package is fantastic! I've compared with some friends and it really does beat most of their plans as far as medical,... dental and 401K are concerned. We have fresh fruit delivered each week which makes for great breakfasts plus things like donuts and coffee cakes are brought in for us from time to time. We have Chicken and Cake day once a month, as well as Beer O Clock with Wings every Friday. This truly has been the best company I've worked for!

Cons

Most management is based in our Sydney office which can cause occasional communication issues. This varies depending on which team you are working with.

Advice to Management

Work on improving communication between some of the upper management and the people reporting to them would be the best advice I could give. Also, bonuses would be an amazing way to increase morale at the office.

WiseTech Global2011-07-06
  6. "My experience working at WiseTech Global"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Sydney

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

A culture of getting things done, but not at the expense of the people. There's an overarching framework for how software is delivered however, each sub-team has the freedom to adapt their own implementation to what works best for them. An assortment of free daily breakfasts, Beer o'clock every Friday afternoon, monthly Cake Day's (town-hall style meetings) with a Q&A slot with the Founder. Amazing on-boarding... support for new starters. Deep technical expertise and serious diversity of workforce which is a recipe for divergent thinking.

Cons

All companies have room for improvement, though no specific examples come to mind when writing this review.

WiseTech Global2019-09-05
  7. "Good company, culture and people"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Sydney

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

People seem to be happy to come to work which is difficult to find nowadays. The company look after their employees really well.

Cons

You can easily gain weight because the food just keeps on coming.

WiseTech Global2019-09-02
  8. "Positive"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Sydney

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company culture and fast paced environment

Cons

been here only a short time so not sure.

Advice to Management

n/a

WiseTech Global2019-09-02
  9. "System Analyst"

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time

Pros

Good work life balance and free Friday food

Cons

So far everything is good

WiseTech Global2019-09-11
  10. "A fast paced and challenging environment"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at WiseTech Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is an environment that is very fast-moving and challenging at times, but is still a fun and rewarding environment to work in. If you are willing to put in an effort to learn and work with others, the potential to learn and to excel is available to you.

Cons

Not really a Con, but there is a lot to learn. A lot of company-specific ideas on productivity that can be a bit daunting at first, but once you understand them, it will help you not only be more productive but to both excel and grow.

WiseTech Global2019-09-05