Wiser (Tennessee) Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Wiser (Tennessee) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible with your personal life and if you have something going on. Everyone that works here is fantastic to work with and super easy to talk to about anything. The coworkers are supportive and always there if you have any questions. The atmophere here is upbeat and it feels like a tight knit family with everyone here.

Cons

While working here I have not found any downsides to working with Wiser.

"Nepotism at it's worse. R U N"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Wiser (Tennessee) full-time

Pros

- none that come to mind

Cons

Where to begin...

- employees paychecks often bounce
    - treat contractors like employees so they don't have to pay employee taxes or benefits
    - charge oil changes, tire rotations, lunches, etc daily to company credit cards
    - have a family member in each major department who are given special treatment and are paid higher then all other employees
    - have changed the company name 3 times to cover themselves
    - are currently hiring more people even though they haven't won a government contract at all this year
    - employer is living off of company revenue
    - constantly shifting their stories and lying to employees so that they can identify who said what on Glassdoor (good luck with this one :-) )
    - employees are paying far more for insurance than they should be
    - constantly skirting the TN DOL and EEOC. I don't have a clue how they do it.

Advice to Management

Stopping claiming yourselves to be Christians, you all disgust me and everyone else. Shut down your business. Pay back the people you owe. Stop charging your lunches, car expenses and other expenses onto company credit cards as this is nepotism.

Can't wait to see the wrath of heaven fall down on this company and I will gladly watch them burn.

Praying for justice.

"Great Place to start"

Former Employee - Extractor in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Extractor in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Wiser (Tennessee) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experience foot in the door for GIS

Cons

at the time they were way to top heavy on management

4. "So much flexibility and great job culture"

Current Employee - Lidar Technician in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Lidar Technician in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Wiser (Tennessee) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Wiser for 2 years. The nature of the work comes in cycles. Sometimes we have so much work that we are cranking it out on overtime, and sometimes it's slower and there's more downtime, room for training, etc. This company really is built on family friendly culture and the flexibility is great. If you have to leave because of an appointment, kids schedule,etc, there's times when you can make up your hours. It's really a great place to be and I'm thankful for my job as there are not many jobs in this field here in Murfreesboro.

Cons

The work is in cycles so different times of year it is busier than others

Advice to Management

Find a way to be more connected

"It feels like home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Wiser (Tennessee) (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work with some of the kindness people that I have ever met. Southern hospitality is alive and well at Wiser. The schedule is flexible, which is great for when life happens. No two days look the same at Wiser, so you are constantly learning and growing. It is an exciting place to work and it is a fun place to work. I couldn't imagine having a better job or working with better people. At Wiser opinions are heard and they are open to new ideas, which is rare for companies. Wiser genuinely is constantly looking to be better.

Cons

I personally have no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Wiser Geospatial"

I have been working at Wiser (Tennessee) (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, great comradery, opportunities to grow into different facets of the company. MGMT is employee focused and tries to match the right person to the right task. When work is in house the team works really well top to bottom.

Cons

Work is feast of famine over the past few years, and during the slow times it can be hard to maintain focus. However, MGMT has expressed commitment to the team to maintain through the slow times.

7. "Family Oriented"

Pros

Great salary, friendly co-workers and flexible hours. This is truly a family oriented environment that cares about their employees.

Cons

The nature of the GIS work is cyclical so you may be cross-trained to do other functions.

8. "Imagery Analyst"

I have been working at Wiser (Tennessee) (Less than a year)

Pros

As an Imagery Analyst that had just left Active Duty military service, Wiser hired me right away and had me start immediately. My Project Manager was a very nice person, and very respectful. I was not micromanaged during my time with Wiser, which I have seen with other companies.

Cons

I was never directly involved with any feedback of how I did, and often felt as no one even knew I existed.

"Ignorance and Greed are the norm"

Former Employee - Geospatial Analyst in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Wiser (Tennessee) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great, however very few competent employees remain. You may get a security clearance which helps you find a job with a reputable company. They train great people who fill positions with other businesses quite well.

Cons

This company owes EVERYBODY money. If you get your paycheck on time, dont expect to be able to cash it right away. 401K and HSA funds have been diverted to make payroll or keep the lights on. When people leave, they dont get paid their vacation for months. Work is lacking diversity despite years of saying they will diversify.

Advice to Management

Stop fooling yourselves. You aren't fooling anyone else.

"Get some entry-level experience and get out."

Former Employee - Geospatial Analyst in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Wiser (Tennessee) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's actually a decent place to get some experience and to get a security clearance. They will hire you straight out of school and train you on the job. It's not easy to find an employer who will do that.

Cons

You have very little chance to advance within the company. Be sure to have a solid exit strategy before relocating here for the job. Layoffs are frequent (1-2 times a year) and don't expect the layoff criteria to be related to merit at all. Members of upper-middle management employ bullying tactics that are frequently tolerated by upper management. HR is not going to help you.

Advice to Management

Invest in staffing and workload projection. Frequent layoffs are disrupting to employees' lives and give the company a bad reputation. Don't tolerate bullying.