Withers Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Withers Worldwide Chairman Ivan Sacks
Ivan Sacks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Paralegal"

Pros

Good culture and history of the best people.

Cons

Sometimes they don't have the best way for the rest of the people who excel v

2. "Mean, self-serving people"

I worked at Withers Worldwide full-time

Pros

Salary was quite good
    Benefit scheme was good

Cons

People higher up in the firm think they can treat employees like trash
    The culture is rubbish

3. "Room for improvement"

I worked at Withers Worldwide full-time

Pros

Collaborative and flexible working culture

Cons

Poor pay versus industry standard, lack of focus on staff retention and development

4. "Good work life balance"

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Withers Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good colleagues, good canteen, at times interesting work.

Cons

Poor decision making, directors are very hands on.

Advice to Management

Give the staff u employ to manage projects the autonomy to do so.

5. "Family feel"

I have been working at Withers Worldwide full-time

Pros

A really positive family feel in many areas of the business. Unlike some firms I have worked with the partners are friendly and approachable, it's clear how non-hierarchical the firm is a whole. The business is supportive of an individuals development needs and encourages autonomy & constructive feedback during project work.

Standards are high but the small trainee intake, specialist teams and unique clients ensure somebody gets the best out of their time here.

It's refreshing to see a good work life balance too- nobody is expected to work until 11pm every night.

Cons

Some areas of the business may be seen as 'traditional' and may need a little longer to embrace new initiatives/ways of working/technology.

Advice to Management

Keep developing the great talent we have to ensure we retain the best people. The market is competitive and we want to remain appealing.

6. "Lack of career path for support staff"

I have been working at Withers Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Withers are really friendly and supportive. The subsidized canteen has very good meals. Project work can be interesting.

Cons

Career development is lacking. Upper management get involved in the smaller detail rather than using the resources available, therefore no real skill or career development.

Advice to Management

Management need to learn how to manage staff to get the best performance. Offer career development for support staff as well as fee earners.

"Hierarchy"

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in London, England (UK)

I worked at Withers Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The reception area/meeting rooms are very slick and classy, particularly for meeting clients. The actual office floors itself however are rather dark and dingy. It was also quite nice to have a canteen on site.

Cons

Particularly within the department I worked in, there is a huge sense of hierarchy with those in more senior roles - i.e. Partners and Senior Associates appearing to look down their noses at the more junior members of staff; not acknowledging them, failing to include them in conversations and generally acting as though they don't exist. I even at one time had a partner put the phone down on me mid-conversation which was the final straw for me. Needless to say I submitted my resignation well before even passing my probationary period and have now found a very welcoming home at a different London firm!

8. "Stressful atmosphere"

I have been working at Withers Worldwide full-time

Pros

There are some amazing staff that work here, though management don't seem to be aware of it.

Cons

Overworked and overloaded! Please stop burning out your staff.

9. "Good firm"

Former Employee - Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Withers Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly department with nice people. Work was interesting as the firm dealt with a lot of high net work clients. Good canteen

Cons

Workloads are heavy and can be quite pressured, making the overall atmosphere a little gloomy at times.
    The management possibly needs to invest more in their support staff in order for them to effectively assist the legal staff so that they can provide a seamless professional service to their clients. Thus coinciding with the firms overall objectives.

Advice to Management

None

"Please read before considering a role at this company."

I worked at Withers Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From a support services perspective wages are above average, but they use the excuse of surveys not to give pay rises once you reach a certain grade. In return you are given a small bonus, but this does not increase your monthly wages. Nice location in the heart of the city.

Cons

Again from a support point of view all the focus is on the overseas offices, with no consideration for the staff in London. There seems to be very little loyalty for long term staff and HR are against any form of internal promotions for employees. Basically, the longer you are there, the worse you get treated. The secretarial team is now almost like a revolving door of joiners and very quick leavers. If your face doesn't fit, you will soon be asked to leave. Operations/Support is equally disjointed with no direction at all. Oddly, the accounts team are fantastic and seem to be managed very well.

IT is a mess. A huge amount of money has been spent on a new Windows platform that appears to be totally unnecessary and hugely unreliable. It's all very well being forward thinking, but it's clear this installation was poorly conceived. The money spent on this failure must be a factor in the lack of pay rises over the last five years. A series of poor appointments in administrative roles has left the moral of the support section in tatters.

Advice to Management

The partners need to take control of the firm again and start making decisions.